Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

I was skeptical at first, seeing these prices, but I see no reason why they'll ever go down.  There's never going to be more of these made.  The band will always have a much larger following than the number of insanely popular lithos.   Meaning, Cinci, Kobe, London 1, Paris, the LA tryptych, etc.....those are never going to be cheaper.  If anything, they're just going to keep going up.

At first I was baffled people were willing to spend so much on "new" merchandise, but it makes sense.  These are truly limited and highly sought after.

There are only 250 legitimate Cinci lithos in the world.  ALL of them are in hands of collectors right now.  Even if HALF of those collectors decide to ever selll them....you really think there will only be 125 people around the world that want to buy them?

Demand is always going to outstrip supply for the "hot" ones.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't see the GNR lithos as a particularly profitable investment. 

Currently the market is very hot mainly due to regret factor, i.e. people leaving the show without a litho and willing to pay top dollar on eBay to get it. There's also a novelty factor contributing to this, which is inevitably going to wear out once the band finishes the tour and moves on.

Looking at the rock memorabilia from the 70-80s, it doesn't keep value particularly well, even when it comes to the limited series prints. 

Personally, I paid secondary market prices for some GNR lithos, but I'm realistic about their actual value

• Like 2

I agree, I too paid some high prices on eBay to get the prints I wanted, once the tour ends, some  of the rarer lithos will hit the market and the prices will come down, people are always looking for extra cash, personally, I have the disposable income to pay two grand for a kobe if I wanted to, however, I believe I should be taken advantage of if I was dumb enough to pay that amount.

31 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

I agree, I too paid some high prices on eBay to get the prints I wanted, once the tour ends, some  of the rarer lithos will hit the market and the prices will come down, people are always looking for extra cash, personally, I have the disposable income to pay two grand for a kobe if I wanted to, however, I believe I should be taken advantage of if I was dumb enough to pay that amount.

Just curious if you have such deep pockets, why were you quibbling about the price for the Slane on Ebay, or trying to undercut for the Cinncinatti? Those were great deals!

In response to dacatzass:

first:  I never said I had deep pockets I said I had disposable income.

second:  how do you know that I didn’t purchase that slane?

third:  your opinion on the Cincinnati I could buy One right now for 500 but I will wait as I would rather trade.

fourth:  I am not in this forum to try to rip anybody off, I am a fan and a collector, I am not trying to hurt anybody’s pockets here.  I have been silent on this forum for a while and gave o boy recently joined, however, I have been watching the threads.  A lot of the members here, got these lithos by trading and buying on here, now, since I want the 4 London 1, Paris, Cincinnati, and kobe, some expect me to pay 5 grand?  Not going to happen, 

wgen the moscow litho popped up on eBay, I bought one and posted a link here to help the collectors, obviously, you would try to buy them all up and sell me one for 1000, not cool,

perhaps you sell sell used cars for a living because you sure act like used car salesman?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

In response to dacatzass:

first:  I never said I had deep pockets I said I had disposable income.

second:  how do you know that I didn’t purchase that slane?

third:  your opinion on the Cincinnati I could buy One right now for 500 but I will wait as I would rather trade.

fourth:  I am not in this forum to try to rip anybody off, I am a fan and a collector, I am not trying to hurt anybody’s pockets here.  I have been silent on this forum for a while and gave o boy recently joined, however, I have been watching the threads.  A lot of the members here, got these lithos by trading and buying on here, now, since I want the 4 London 1, Paris, Cincinnati, and kobe, some expect me to pay 5 grand?  Not going to happen, 

wgen the moscow litho popped up on eBay, I bought one and posted a link here to help the collectors, obviously, you would try to buy them all up and sell me one for 1000, not cool,

perhaps you sell sell used cars for a living because you sure act like used car salesman?

Why? You in the market for a used car? With your sense of value and skills at negotiation, I bet I will be paying you at the end of the deal.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mcs953 said:

I believe one day people will be hard up for cash and sale the lithos for whatever they can get. I’ve seen it with other band lithos on eBay. As some pointed out the market is hot for a number of variables and even then it’s a niche market and will fall. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mcs953 said:

Hi mate. Just thought I'd let you know there's a London 1 on eBay. It's a bit steep, way out of my budget (wish I'd paid the £40 on the day! But went with the shirt).

The list price is £1100, but said would consider offers. Thought I'd give you a heads up. Good luck.

4 hours ago, DeathCubeUK said:

Hi mate. Just thought I'd let you know there's a London 1 on eBay. It's a bit steep, way out of my budget (wish I'd paid the £40 on the day! But went with the shirt).

The list price is £1100, but said would consider offers. Thought I'd give you a heads up. Good luck.

Its mine. Listed as ebay have a £3 final seller fee offer and I need the money to climb out of my student debt :lol:

Open to offers from here too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Its mine. Listed as ebay have a £3 final seller fee offer and I need the money to climb out of my student debt :lol:

Open to offers from here too.

Ah cool. Don't blame you with that eBay offer. Good luck with the student debt, It's a nightmare! 

Hopefully you and Mcs953 or someone on here can come to a good deal for both 😊

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DeathCubeUK said:

Ah cool. Don't blame you with that eBay offer. Good luck with the student debt, It's a nightmare! 

Hopefully you and Mcs953 or someone on here can come to a good deal for both 😊

Yeah. I'm not trying to rip people off I just know the money would be good and theres people out there with the disposable income to purchase these highly sought after ones. I just got lucky and was at the gig :lol:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Yeah. I'm not trying to rip people off I just know the money would be good and theres people out there with the disposable income to purchase these highly sought after ones. I just got lucky and was at the gig :lol:

Oh I know mate. It's fair enough, there's only 150 of them, and It's a sought after litho. Just kicking myself I didn't get one lol, as they had them when I was there but was trying to get the shirt in my size. Now wish I just went for the litho (and a spare to trade haha!).

3 minutes ago, DeathCubeUK said:

Oh I know mate. It's fair enough, there's only 150 of them, and It's a sought after litho. Just kicking myself I didn't get one lol, as they had them when I was there but was trying to get the shirt in my size. Now wish I just went for the litho (and a spare to trade haha!).

Wish id of got spares too! You got any other lithos?

2 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Wish id of got spares too! You got any other lithos?

I've only got the Donington litho. I did get #69 of 200 though, which made me giggle 🤣

I even had a friend that went to London Night 2, and I gave him money to get me the shirt or lithograph. He got me the shirt. It's a cool shirt, but looking back I just wish I'd said to get the litho.

Edited by DeathCubeUK
  • Like 1

It is nice, so glad I got one, the waves splashing on the chess board is a nice effect, however, when I first looked at it thought the grim reaper looked like earth Vader, for me, Madrid 2018 is the best of this leg, amazingly done.

On 7/22/2018 at 6:57 PM, Mcs953 said:

2 hours ago, Mcs953 said:

I see, someone on eBay asking over 2000 usd for Iceland, they are delusional, let me know if your friend is interested in the 225 euro?

Put your money where your mouth is!