Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

7 minutes ago, Alexpro said:

Yup, it's basically half the size of the regular lithos. Again, no idea why....

That’s fucking lame. Maybe it is something to do with printing lithos in Russia.

2 hours ago, Slash1227 said:

I think somebody is trolling the poster who claimed he could pay 2000$.

I meant it as a joke, Not at all directed towards anyone. Crazy money though.

43 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

That’s fucking lame. Maybe it is something to do with printing lithos in Russia.

I think somebody is trolling the poster who claimed he could pay 2000$.

I feel like the Kobe has more pull in forums and trading circles than eBay. My London was up for 1 day and got double the watchers, sold it the next day for £900. More people on ebay looking for London who missed the show or are more interested in that design.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

That’s fucking lame. Maybe it is something to do with printing lithos in Russia

I have no logical explanation for that. First, I'd thought that the lithos for all the shows get printed in the same place and then shipped over to the host venue. Secondly, Moscow is a huge city with 15m people and has all the facilities one can imagine for printing etc (vs small countries like Iceland or Estonia).

To me it's either a glitch in the printing job or some sort of deliberate way of saying "FU Russia".

Very disappointing either way

4 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Yeah, it’s a silly price. Even at peak fever for Kobe it was going for 1000$. Most of the people who were dying for one own it.

The problem with the Kobe listing is the seller, not the price.  He doesn't even have a picture of the actual litho, and he doesn't respond to questions.  There are plenty of people out there who would pay that price, but not without very detailed pictures so they know exactly what the condition is, and not without some communication with the seller.  If you want to sell a $2,200 litho and someone who's interested emails you asking for better pictures and you don't respond, guess what, you aren't going to sell anything.  

Also, AxlisGod, congrats on that sale man, great result especially in such a short time.

Edited by liqddynamite
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Alexpro said:

I have no logical explanation for that. First, I'd thought that the lithos for all the shows get printed in the same place and then shipped over to the host venue. Secondly, Moscow is a huge city with 15m people and has all the facilities one can imagine for printing etc (vs small countries like Iceland or Estonia).

To me it's either a glitch in the printing job or some sort of deliberate way of saying "FU Russia".

Very disappointing either way

Yeah, the dimensions of that litho are disgusting. I’d be pissed if I purchased one off eBay.

3 hours ago, liqddynamite said:

The problem with the Kobe listing is the seller, not the price.  He doesn't even have a picture of the actual litho, and he doesn't respond to questions.  There are plenty of people out there who would pay that price, but not without very detailed pictures so they know exactly what the condition is, and not without some communication with the seller.  If you want to sell a $2,200 litho and someone who's interested emails you asking for better pictures and you don't respond, guess what, you aren't going to sell anything.  

Also, AxlisGod, congrats on that sale man, great result especially in such a short time.

Yeah the listing is questionable. No real description either.

And thanks man. Most other offers were around the 4-600 mark so once that guy offered that I thought it was a fair offer and I should probably take it, especially with the time itd been listed. It was hard to accept the offer with me being at the show, but money is tight and I have a good few lithos from other shows I've been at (and some I wasn't).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Yeah, it’s a silly price. Even at peak fever for Kobe it was going for 1000$. Most of the people who were dying for one own it.

Where do you come up with all this information and statistics? I've held my tongue for a while now but some of the stuff you've mentioned is way, way off. I'm not going to go back and quote every one of the comments but you've estimated prices, value, how rare a litho is, how many times certain lithos have been on ebay, maximum value etc and a lot of them are just plain wrong. I don't mean to come down hard on you, but I just don't think it's helpful to speculate and then try to pass it off as fact. I know it's just not you. Some of the comments made about how many London 1s and Perth Spiders have been on Ebay aren't entirely accurate either.

As for Kobe, it sold for $1500+ multiple times on Yahoo Auctions Japan literally the week after it came out. There were a couple that sold for less but "peak fever" was the week after the show. "Peak value" however is something completely different. People who paid $1500 for it 18 months ago got themselves a comparative bargain because you're not going to get one for less than $2000 now AND they've had the ability to enjoy it hanging on their wall for the last year and a half. Bargain is probably not the right word but they certainly didn't overpay.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

Hmmm...  nothing on eBay  i guess I stand  uncorrected, my position holds merit, now if I can only get out of mom’s basement, LOL.

Can we not just put this to bed, I really enjoy this thread and wouldn't like to see it become diluted with volumes of "chit chat".

Back almost on topic a friend of mine has been going to multiple Foo Fighters shows this summer and they seem to be doing the Litho run, not sure on numbers but don;t seem to command as much on resale one or two excepted.

2 hours ago, UK_GNR said:

Can we not just put this to bed, I really enjoy this thread and wouldn't like to see it become diluted with volumes of "chit chat".

Back almost on topic a friend of mine has been going to multiple Foo Fighters shows this summer and they seem to be doing the Litho run, not sure on numbers but don;t seem to command as much on resale one or two excepted.

I went to the second Foo's Boston show and they had no less than 4 separate posters with a run between 400-500 and foil variants between 30-40. Really cool designs but the one I bought got rained on until it was reduced to a soggy mess and then got trampled on buy some dancing fat chick next to me (unfortunately my date). It was like I was holding a bag of oatmeal when the concert ended. They were less expensive than the GNR litho's ($30 as opposed to $50) 18X24".

Edited by Dacatzass
spell check

4 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Some of the comments made about how many London 1s and Perth Spiders have been on Ebay aren't entirely accurate either..

I'd be interested in your account re market for London1 on eBay since after the show (just really curious).

6 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Where do you come up with all this information and statistics? I've held my tongue for a while now but some of the stuff you've mentioned is way, way off. I'm not going to go back and quote every one of the comments but you've estimated prices, value, how rare a litho is, how many times certain lithos have been on ebay, maximum value etc and a lot of them are just plain wrong. I don't mean to come down hard on you, but I just don't think it's helpful to speculate and then try to pass it off as fact. I know it's just not you. Some of the comments made about how many London 1s and Perth Spiders have been on Ebay aren't entirely accurate either.

As for Kobe, it sold for $1500+ multiple times on Yahoo Auctions Japan literally the week after it came out. There were a couple that sold for less but "peak fever" was the week after the show. "Peak value" however is something completely different. People who paid $1500 for it 18 months ago got themselves a comparative bargain because you're not going to get one for less than $2000 now AND they've had the ability to enjoy it hanging on their wall for the last year and a half. Bargain is probably not the right word but they certainly didn't overpay.

The prices aren’t estimates. They were based off sold lithos on the forum and eBay. Rare is easy to ascertain. It’s based off numbers printed. Thanks for the education. I assumed the market for Kobe cooled off. That’s cool that the Kobe litho has increased in value. I’m surprised it’s still the number one litho for collectors. And, don’t hold your tongue, your absence this go round for lithos has been sorely missed. I always enjoy your input and information regarding the lithos, so add value to this thread and speak up. 

• Like 2