Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

6 hours ago, Alexpro said:

I'd be interested in your account re market for London1 on eBay since after the show (just really curious).

It took a week or so but after the show, a few London 1s showed up on Ebay. Some people got a bargain and got them for around 250 to 300 GBP. There were a few listed around 500 GBP and I'm pretty sure at least one sold. At that price though, I know at least one hung there unsold for a while. I think people were reluctant to spend that much but considering how a lot of these lithos end up costing more the older they get, it was probably best to get them while you could. There was one reputable seller, a woman who I think was responsible for most of the sales. I know one person who bought from her and she was definitely a good seller. Ever since then, there have been very few on Ebay - I would say less than five in the past year. There was one guy who posted in here trying to sell his who then put it up on Ebay and claimed he got 800 GBP for it. I only say 'claim' not because I doubt the amount but simply because I can't verify it. I estimated recently to someone that the lithograph is worth somewhere around USD$1000 - considering that someone in this thread recently said he sold his for 900 GBP, I would say my estimate was accurate if not slightly undervalued!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The prices aren’t estimates. They were based off sold lithos on the forum and eBay. Rare is easy to ascertain. It’s based off numbers printed. Thanks for the education. I assumed the market for Kobe cooled off. That’s cool that the Kobe litho has increased in value. I’m surprised it’s still the number one litho for collectors. And, don’t hold your tongue, your absence this go round for lithos has been sorely missed. I always enjoy your input and information regarding the lithos, so add value to this thread and speak up. 

I understand they were based off sold lithos on the forum and Ebay but I think you were missing some sales and it was those misses that were causing some skewed info I think.

And "rare" is not easy to ascertain at all. For example, there are 750 Osaka lithos made but it's much much rarer than say, Cincinnati which was only out of 250. Alternatively, there are 200 Wellington Maori lithos but they are much much easier to find than say Tulsa (300 made). There's many factors I include when determining rarity and original scarcity is just one of them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I understand they were based off sold lithos on the forum and Ebay but I think you were missing some sales and it was those misses that were causing some skewed info I think.

And "rare" is not easy to ascertain at all. For example, there are 750 Osaka lithos made but it's much much rarer than say, Cincinnati which was only out of 250. Alternatively, there are 200 Wellington Maori lithos but they are much much easier to find than say Tulsa (300 made). There's many factors I include when determining rarity and original scarcity is just one of them.

Ahhhh. I see what you are saying about scarcity. I didn’t see it way. You’re correct numbers don’t tell the whole story. I never considered the avaibilty of lithos on the open market versus the number printed. I would still believe that the Finland aurora borealis skull would be worth more than most lithos. Although, the content isn’t as striking as Kobe. But I’ve never seen the Finland one on eBay.  Thanks again for contributions to the thread. I always find you engaging and stimulating. 

3 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Ahhhh. I see what you are saying about scarcity. I didn’t see it way. You’re correct numbers don’t tell the whole story. I never considered the avaibilty of lithos on the open market versus the number printed. I would still believe that the Finland aurora borealis skull would be worth more than most lithos. Although, the content isn’t as striking as Kobe. But I’ve never seen the Finland one on eBay.  Thanks again for contributions to the thread. I always find you engaging and stimulating. 

Hameenlinna Aurora Borealis is definitely a rare one. Maybe top ten in terms of rarity/value I think, mostly because they made so few of them. It has definitely been on Ebay at least once. A seller was offering both Hameenlinna lithos (Castle as well) as a pair for like $1200 or something. Which would probably be fair considering they're both great looking lithos and two of the four lowest-volume tour lithos ever. Whoever decided to limit it to 80 each is a mean motherfucker who just wants to watch the world burn.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Hameenlinna Aurora Borealis is definitely a rare one. Maybe top ten in terms of rarity/value I think, mostly because they made so few of them. It has definitely been on Ebay at least once. A seller was offering both Hameenlinna lithos (Castle as well) as a pair for like $1200 or something. Which would probably be fair considering they're both great looking lithos and two of the four lowest-volume tour lithos ever. Whoever decided to limit it to 80 each is a mean motherfucker who just wants to watch the world burn.

Hahahaha. Watch the world burn. Good one. 

Great haul that! Did you manage to get to every show?

Hell of a holiday that, with shows every 2/3 days allowing you to actually see plenty of the places you visit. Thought I had done pretty well getting to a mere three shows.

4 hours ago, AussieHrvat said:

holy crap!

of interest, did anyone see what that perth spider sold for recently? someone posted the link but it disappeared after a few days and i didnt see the final bid

cheers

I think he took it off and sold it for 500 AUD. not bad considering 

7 minutes ago, owenstar said:

Holy shi....I just spent the last few days reading every page of this thread! I feel like I have been on a tour around the world with you all. 

Huge GnR fan since I was a kid (first 3 records I ever owned were Appetite, Master of puppets, stand by me soundtrack haha). I have an AFD tattoo. Never got to see the band live in my early teenage years. Did get get to see the bumblefoot/ashba line up in 2011 I think. Good times. 

When the announcement came we almost went to Coachella. The thinking was "how long is this gonna last?", "will it fall apart by our hometown show?". 

My little brother is the road warrior. He is unmarried with no kids. Always ready for adventure. He doesnt social media. I am a boring dad, I was checking things out online and saw the beautiful lithographs while my kids were watching blues clues hahaha. I started sending texts to my brother as the cooler ones were released. We both got excited for what the San Francisco one would look like. My brother got tickets for the show and I packed up the wife and kids and made the road trip home. Both of us love the design on the SF litho. It will always be my favorite as its pretty rad, represents home, my favorite band, and a great time with my brother.

After the show he got the bug. Him and some other friends hit the road to see more shows. Picking up lithos on the way. Always remembering to grab one for his big brother to rub it in his face hahahaha. They did pick up a few extra in San Diego and I bet some of you have one they got. He sold a few on ebay to fund some from cities he didnt attend or his next trip. 

Part of me is sad I stopped researching as much during the first Euro leg. They have some amazing designs. My wife and wallet are happy though hahaha.

I try and find something good in each of them. I really enjoy the ones that make great connections with their host city or famous works of art. Some of the most popular ones (after reading 156 pages) like cincy, I dont love. But totally think Kobe is bad ass. Hell I like the shark hoddie and Vienna. I probably will never get my hands on a few I would love to have since I stopped following, but Im gonna keep an eye out.

Sorry for the super long read. You guys rock.

I liked reading that! Thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks Zoso and Aman....After spending the better part of a week with you guys reading this whole damn thing it feels like we have been friends our whole life hahaha. There are a lot of memorable moments in this thread for sure. I wish I would have been here to share the excitement over some of incredible releases. Though I am here to stay! My collection will never be what I would like it to be, but I would run out of wall space anyways.

I currently just have 5 from the shows my brother attended (I was only at SF, having 4 kids is expensive haha). I did get the first 3 framed (SF and the two from SD) professionally by a local shop (I support local business and you should too). They of course recommended the up sell to UV glass for added protection, but mine are going in a basement with little natural light. Denver and Oakland (which isn't a fan favorite, but I love it because its the home team and really hits "the town" mark) I haven't had framed just yet. My brother always picks one up at the shows he goes too. He sends me video clips of Estranged (the greatest song ever written, not debatable like best litho) for every show he goes to. He does it because he is rad and wishes I was with him, I would do it because I am a snarky bastard. I get to live vicariously through him, as I have done with some of you and your amazing collections. My hope is that he finds this thread one day and knows how much I love him.

Starting small I will probably chase after a few of the North American ones I really like. 

• April Fools. The one that started it all!
  •  Sacramento. Repping NorCal. I don't love the design but home is home.
  •  Vegas Praying hands. We planned to go to a number of Vegas shows even before the NiTL tour, this is the Vegas design I like best.
  • Buffalo. Not a fan favorite, but I dig it. I have a buddy who I grew up with that lives there, maybe that's why.

Random NA Lithos maybe for one day.

• Cochella Cross. 
  • Foxboro set. I really liked this one when I first saw it. 
  • Atlanta. The walking dead doesnt do it for me, its the little jam session on the roof! Sometimes its the finer detail in these things I enjoy.
  • Gangs of New York. While Leo is awful in that movie, Daniel Day Lewis' performance as Bill the Butcher should have won the academy award.

My brother had planned a Eurotrip in between our birthdays this year with a show for sure in Madrid and possibly Florence or Paris. Unfortunately my oldest daughter was injured over memorial day so I couldn't leave and he wasn't going without me. Of course the Madrid litho is stunning......I could talk all day about all of the gorgeous Euro lithos, but I don't want to be known as the novelist hahahaha. There are probably 20 I would want, but lets leave it at the newest Madrid.

I do want to shout out the board member (cant remember his name) that created Lithorati. You are a prince and gentleman and an asset to this community/fandom.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, owenstar said:

I do want to shout out the board member (cant remember his name) that created Lithorati. You are a prince and gentleman and an asset to this community/fandom.

I couldn't agree more.

Other than seeing one NITL show in person, the most enjoyment I've got as a fan over the last year is having that wonderful resource to ALL the images in one place. (It's certainly better than that stupid Appetite re-release.)

The only way Litorati could be improved was if it were an actual physical book I could own.

anyone in here has an Mannheim litho for sell? preferentially the Bertha Benz one.

could kick my ass for not picking up one at the show. although not a beauty or the greatest artwork ever, stupid me realized at home that my collection of litho's of the shows I've been to is incomplete because of that one missing :wacko:

12 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I couldn't agree more.

The only way Litorati could be improved was if it were an actual physical book I could own.

I saw this posted a lot. I love the idea, i think it would make a great coffee table book. What I didn't read is if anyone thought about creating one? I do not have any sort of creative design bones in my body, I cannot draw a straight line. In my art classes the teachers always treated me like the handicapped kid, "oh thats wonderful", for something that someone 15 years younger would have drawn better hahaha. This is probably why I am able to find things I love in almost every litho.

I had some from friends put together a nice book at Costco from thier bachelor/bachelorette, wedding, and honeymoon photos. I don't know if their would be legal issues with something like this? I don't want to presume to be one of "the guys" yet, but it would be a fun project and item for the board to pitch in ideas and cash on for interested parties. 

PS I love the Cream/white framing the poster above did. Different takes make something look new again, great work.

1 hour ago, owenstar said:

I saw this posted a lot. I love the idea, i think it would make a great coffee table book. What I didn't read is if anyone thought about creating one? I do not have any sort of creative design bones in my body, I cannot draw a straight line. In my art classes the teachers always treated me like the handicapped kid, "oh thats wonderful", for something that someone 15 years younger would have drawn better hahaha. This is probably why I am able to find things I love in almost every litho.

I had some from friends put together a nice book at Costco from thier bachelor/bachelorette, wedding, and honeymoon photos. I don't know if their would be legal issues with something like this? I don't want to presume to be one of "the guys" yet, but it would be a fun project and item for the board to pitch in ideas and cash on for interested parties. 

PS I love the Cream/white framing the poster above did. Different takes make something look new again, great work.

As much as it is a great notion it only really works once they have called it a day as otherwise is out of date within a month or two.

Perhaps like a physical version of Lithorati but with some random collage of quotes from people who went to shows and some symbolism of what it meant to them or detail of the show.