Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

On 8/17/2018 at 2:02 PM, Miller1254 said:

I have a question for those in NA with Euro Lithos.

How have you framed these?  They are slightly smaller than the NA 18x24".   All of my NA lithos are framed in standard 18x24 frames from Michaels and looks great.  I really dont want to custom frame the Euro lithos.   Has anyone experimented with matting or background behind the lithos?  Any suggestions or pictures of what others have done would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks in advance, 

Matt

What I did for my euros that you see above, I bought sheets of black acid free mat board, and cut 18x24 rectangles myself (hobby lobby wanted some obscene amount to cut them).  Then, you put the litho in the frame against the glass, put the mat board behind it so, then the backing board the frame came with and lock it down.  Works great.

Nice litho's ArminJapan!

I'm new to this forum. Went to see Guns in The Netherlands in 2017 and 2018 which was awesome. Of course got both litho's as well from these shows. And a couple of others, of shows I didn't attend, quite addictive.

Anyways, havent had any luck finding the Japan - Osaka Lithograph on Ebay or sorts. Love the design, so got to have that one one day. I know it is rare but it shouldn't be that rare. Although, there is one Osaka on Ebay. But I believe the autographs on it to be fake, after studiyng them, and don't really care for a signed one anyways. So, if any of you guys got one to sell, let me know. Just trying my luck.

Cheers!

I'm curious if you guys have any lithos from other bands? I got one from the Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats show I was at a week ago, looks pretty good, though it's not city-specific like the GNR ones. I have a Foxy Shazam tour poster too, a bit larger than a standard litho and I got it signed by the whole band. I know Black Sabbath had litho's on The End tour, but I didn't get one at the show I went to.

15 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm curious if you guys have any lithos from other bands? I got one from the Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats show I was at a week ago, looks pretty good, though it's not city-specific like the GNR ones. I have a Foxy Shazam tour poster too, a bit larger than a standard litho and I got it signed by the whole band. I know Black Sabbath had litho's on The End tour, but I didn't get one at the show I went to.

More than I know what to do with, these are off the top of my head, but only count anything that is show specific:

-Greg Allman (only 5 offered at the show), Drive By Truckers (signed by full band and artist-Unfortunately, this is post-Jason Isbell), Peter Frampton (signed by Frampton), Phish (two), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Sturgill Simpson, Outlaw Music Festival, Willie Nelson (though he does basically the same one and just changes the date/location, but does limit to only 30), GNR (19 of them).  I know there are more...

I also have a couple of show specific promotional posters that I love, Bruce Springsteen, GnR (Halloween show 2010)

I'll also buy some posters at shows where I think they are cool or if it's a show that means a lot to me (Springsteen, Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, etc) even if they are just an overall Tour Poster.  

If there was one show I went to that I REALLY wish had a litho, it would have been the ACDC Show that I saw with Axl.  PHENOMENAL show and would have been cool to have it as a keepsake.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2018 at 5:50 PM, liqddynamite said:

What I did for my euros that you see above, I bought sheets of black acid free mat board, and cut 18x24 rectangles myself (hobby lobby wanted some obscene amount to cut them).  Then, you put the litho in the frame against the glass, put the mat board behind it so, then the backing board the frame came with and lock it down.  Works great.

Thanks AmaninJapan and Liqddynamite!  Very helpful.  I will now have a plan.   And thank you to those that PM'd me.

This place is really full of awesome people who are are always willing to help and share!

Matt

Like to throw something out here for an opinion from the community, what does everybody think about lithos with no number.  I know they exist as I have been to hatch show print in Nashville and was shown two unnumbered ones from the Nashville gnr show in 2016.  I ended up getting a numbered one later but offered to buy one of the unnumbered ones and was told that they are not for sale.  I know some are unnumbered such as the New Jersey One and the Boston two.  The question would be, do they print more of these than the initial run and do they have any value? 

Looking for an opinion from the experts here.

Thanks.

12 hours ago, Mcs953 said:

Like to throw something out here for an opinion from the community, what does everybody think about lithos with no number.  I know they exist as I have been to hatch show print in Nashville and was shown two unnumbered ones from the Nashville gnr show in 2016.  I ended up getting a numbered one later but offered to buy one of the unnumbered ones and was told that they are not for sale.  I know some are unnumbered such as the New Jersey One and the Boston two.  The question would be, do they print more of these than the initial run and do they have any value? 

Looking for an opinion from the experts here.

Thanks.

Controversial and has been discussed ad nauseam already.  Search the thread and you will find it.

On 8/19/2018 at 2:30 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I have one from a Beck show that I was taken to a couple of years ago. It was a re-opening night for an old venue and the litho was pretty sweet. Never did get it framed

• Like 1

On 19.8.2018 at 11:30 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Got some of Baroness, Swans, Kvelertak. Killer quality, all of them!

this year also got a litho of a perfect circle, signed by the band.

Edited by bucketOtrouble
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Domscar20 said:

Hey guys I’m new to the forum but love lithos like crazy. I finally was able to get Philly from the 2017 leg and was wondering where you guys would rank it with lithos from the rest of the tour

welcome @Domscar20

like the movie and thus the litho but can't rank it with the other from NA (excluding NYC and LA). Orlando swamp, Chicago 1 16, and Frisco are among my favorites.

On 8/19/2018 at 4:30 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I have about 75 Pearl Jam silk screen gig posters, a few Soundgarden, Sabbath, Jane's Addiction, Stones...all are silk screened as opposed to lithos 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bucketOtrouble said:

welcome @Domscar20

like the movie and thus the litho but can't rank it with the other from NA (excluding NYC and LA). Orlando swamp, Chicago 1 16, and Frisco are among my favorites.

Great choices! I have the axl msg poster and the Foxboro night two which was my first GNR litho. Looking to expand the collection!

3 hours ago, Domscar20 said:

Hey guys I’m new to the forum but love lithos like crazy. I finally was able to get Philly from the 2017 leg and was wondering where you guys would rank it with lithos from the rest of the tour

It ranks at or near the top for me. I also dig the 16’ philly one. Orlando swamp was cool, both foxborro ones, and as an under appreciated one, I’d say Pittsburgh. It’s quite simple, but very cool and easy to make sense that’s its Pittsburgh with the molten steel. 

My least favorite from all the NA shows was Hershey and DC 17’. I felt they could’ve done something really cool for Hershey, but it was just a chocolate bar. I was expecting a skeleton riding a roller coaster or something. The DC and the whole Illuminati thing I felt was cheap.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Are you guys sure these are fake?  I am sure that there are extra copies made when the original printing is done, as an example, there are 150 copies hand numbered of the kobe, it would seem reasonable to print 175, I am sure there are extras floating around out there.

11 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Yeah theres likely to be extras floating around but the sheer amount he has is questionable. That and the fact that, as others have said, for most collectors a litho without a number aint worth a damn.

Plus, isn't it odd that all of a sudden now he pulls out another few he has lying around?

I haven't really followed closely, but that strikes me as odd. Is his so-called source still giving him extras? I would really doubt that. Plus the guy is a printer, right? Seems just too much of a coincidence to me.

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Plus, isn't it odd that all of a sudden now he pulls out another few he has lying around?

I haven't really followed closely, but that strikes me as odd. Is his so-called source still giving him extras? I would really doubt that. Plus the guy is a printer, right? Seems just too much of a coincidence to me.

He seems to list a bunch every so often. maybe every few months. I think whatever anyones conclusion it isn't worth the risk buying one. He also seems to list the same bunch but not any of the really sought after ones, maybe thinks the real collectors won't buy it? Not sure in all honesty.

• Thanks 1