Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

With the break in the action of the tour, I enjoy this forum for thoughts, opinions, etc.  I recently was looking over the 2017 San Diego litho.  The one that's an homage to Victor Moscoso who had paid homage to Rick Griffin (per lithorati).  Its way more colorful and upbeat by the standard of about 90% of the lithos.  Maybe that is the reason, but based on pricing on ebay, etc.  It must be either the least loved, or one of the least loved lithos of them all.  It was done by Buhler which usually carries with it some popularity.  Is it the departure from the darker, more macabre designs that make it so unloved?

• Like 2

I don’r know, I think it is the availability and the scarcity that makes them rare, I can tell you the Cincinnati is definitely worth the money, pictures can’t do it justice and the colors on the kobe are simply amazing, to each his own I guess, I have the San Diego and really fon’t Like it.

4 hours ago, TigerBubba said:

With the break in the action of the tour, I enjoy this forum for thoughts, opinions, etc.  I recently was looking over the 2017 San Diego litho.  The one that's an homage to Victor Moscoso who had paid homage to Rick Griffin (per lithorati).  Its way more colorful and upbeat by the standard of about 90% of the lithos.  Maybe that is the reason, but based on pricing on ebay, etc.  It must be either the least loved, or one of the least loved lithos of them all.  It was done by Buhler which usually carries with it some popularity.  Is it the departure from the darker, more macabre designs that make it so unloved?

I think its both. Most seem to prefer the more dark, "GnR" style of design/artwork. It definitely doesnt have the usual "buhler" style that weve come to know. But I think the main reason is scarcity. It was limited to 300/350 i believe, and according to the wiki of the tour there were only about 7k in attendance, one of the smallest venues of the tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would anyone be interested in a Las Vegas 2017, with the praying hands? I would need to get about $125 shippped for it, it is in mint to near mint condition if anyone is interested I can post pics. I figured I would post here before facebook,ebay etc

Edited by kevinc724

Public service announcement. There is a very large number of litohos on eBay right now. It’s almost as if someone was on the tour and is dumping his or her collection. Prices range from $1 to $900 (Tokyo I think).  There is even a Loaded Duff litho

Thought folks here would be interested  

Nothing there for me - looking for LA Night 1 August 2016!  Wld appreciate any referrals (realize it’s a long shot!)

Edited by nycgunner

6 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Public service announcement. There is a very large number of litohos on eBay right now. It’s almost as if someone was on the tour and is dumping his or her collection. Prices range from $1 to $900 (Tokyo I think).  There is even a Loaded Duff litho

Thought folks here would be interested  

Nothing there for me - looking for LA Night 1 August 2016!  Wld appreciate any referrals (realize it’s a long shot!)

Looks like a pretty normal amount to me.  Some reasonable prices on 2018 if anyone is looking for one of those.