ZoSoRose

Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

Going to try to get a lithograph in Hawaii. Has the merch stand sold non-crushable tubes?  How do you protect these things at a show?  Have a GA/PIT ticket. 

3 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Going to try to get a lithograph in Hawaii. Has the merch stand sold non-crushable tubes?  How do you protect these things at a show?  Have a GA/PIT ticket. 

I had no tubes, I asked for extra bags and I brought thick elastics.  I used 3 elastics and covered the lithos and then put the covered litho in the bag so nothing could spill on them etc.   not ideal but they were fine

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gunsguy said:

I had no tubes, I asked for extra bags and I brought thick elastics.  I used 3 elastics and covered the lithos and then put the covered litho in the bag so nothing could spill on them etc.   not ideal but they were fine

I did the same, used thick soft hair bands, it worked. There is really no other safer way to keep them during the concert since I have never seen any tubes sold at the gigs I attended

On 11/15/2018 at 7:38 AM, TigerBubba said:

Folks, I can’t seem to figure uploading an image, but pretty cool thing to share.  As I’ve posted on here, I was able to track down the artist of my Nashville 2016 print and get him to sign it.

well, when Ulrich Planer posted on Instagram his art show featuring GnR lithos and the invitation he was using featured the Winston Salem litho art, I messaged him a request for something signed that I could frame with my litho. Well, yesterday he sent an awesome, signed invitation card.  

I’ve corewsponded with Buhler before and I think it’s So cool how these artists have embraced the GnR fans who love these pieces!

Some venues will let you carry in a tube, some won’t. It’s really hit or miss. Best thing is to get it from the merch tent outside before the show if you can.

id love to get one from you if possible!

Love it. Wish it had a little more vibrancy in color, but was hoping it would have some reference to Duke, and they way they are in front of the surfboards is just like the Duke statue.

id LOVE to get one and if anyone there would be willing to snag an extra, I’d be forever appreciative!

hanging this one next to the Troubador for an “Alpha and Omega” would be awesome.

if any of you are there, have fun!

The duke statue look is cool. But it could use some color. Volcano in the background lava spewing, hawaiian flowers for lettering, or even leis on statue.

After the pearl harbor battleship video I thought maybe a tribute with kamikaze fighter planes or something.

PS if anyone is going to show and wants to grab a beer, hit me up. See you tonight.

Edited by owenstar

So there are two, both Buhler’s, and the “Duke” design is much more colorful (and better) than first thought. I love them both. Sure hope we get another tour sooner rather than later! Some new music would be great too!

On 30.11.2018 at 10:37 AM, RageKage said:

Probably the skeletons of duff, slash and axl dancing at the beach wearing hawaii flower necklaces,

Almost. Just one skeleton except of three

38 minutes ago, TigerBubba said:

So there are two, both Buhler’s, and the “Duke” design is much more colorful (and better) than first thought. I love them both. Sure hope we get another tour sooner rather than later! Some new music would be great too!

I agree the first image was underwhelming. 

I bought a duke Hawaii shirt last night at the show. I get the significance of the skeletons and surf boards, but what about the mountain in the background? Is that Diamond Head (extinct volcano on the island)?

Edited by nycgunner