Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

56 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Right okay. Is the paper slightly glossy? I may have a fake because it’s smaller than Europe, but it is numbered...

I just checked, the paper is rougher and matter than the one used for Euro lithos and the back has a yellowish shade. Same applies to the one from Hong Kong.

Edited by Brose

8 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

You can’t trust shit from Manila 

Was it actually sold by someone from Manila? Because the lithos were never available in Manila (they were then shipped to HK due to problems at customs).

8 minutes ago, Brose said:

Was it actually sold by someone from Manila? Because the lithos were never available in Manila (they were then shipped to HK due to problems at customs).

Bought it from a dude off UK eBay whos sold other lithos from the same leg, and other guns stuff. Will probably message him and see.

2 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Right okay. Is the paper slightly glossy? I may have a fake because it’s smaller than Europe, but it is numbered...

Yes, Manila is semi-glossy. Manila, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei, Hong Kong and Johannesburg all were printed on kinda lower-quality paper. My friends and I joked that the paper stock is very similar to the cardboard used for cereal boxes.

• Like 2

"US Standard" as explained on my About page is specifically 18 inches x 24 inches. Even though some lithos are SLIGHTLY larger or smaller by a few millimeters, I still list them as "US Standard" because that was the intended size of the final product. Any minor variances are unintentional and not particularly noteworthy. For example, for anybody who has a Mexico City litho and keeps it in an 18x24 portfolio or sleeve has found, the Mexico City litho is slightly wider than 18" and almost impossible to insert into an 18" wide sleeve. But unlike the European lithos (which have their own size), New Zealand lithos (which conform to an International paper size standard), the Hatch Show Print lithos (which don't even share the same size when you compare the 2016 litho to the 2017 litho), the longer LA and Tulsa lithos, slight variances are neither significant nor intentional. When a litho is particularly strange in size and can't be explained in any reasonable way, I have made notes. For example, the Buffalo litho is 18" wide but is like... a whole inch or so shorter than US Standard for some completely bizarre reason.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

"US Standard" as explained on my About page is specifically 18 inches x 24 inches. Even though some lithos are SLIGHTLY larger or smaller by a few millimeters, I still list them as "US Standard" because that was the intended size of the final product. Any minor variances are unintentional and not particularly noteworthy. For example, for anybody who has a Mexico City litho and keeps it in an 18x24 portfolio or sleeve has found, the Mexico City litho is slightly wider than 18" and almost impossible to insert into an 18" wide sleeve. But unlike the European lithos (which have their own size), New Zealand lithos (which conform to an International paper size standard), the Hatch Show Print lithos (which don't even share the same size when you compare the 2016 litho to the 2017 litho), the longer LA and Tulsa lithos, slight variances are neither significant nor intentional. When a litho is particularly strange in size and can't be explained in any reasonable way, I have made notes. For example, the Buffalo litho is 18" wide but is like... a whole inch or so shorter than US Standard for some completely bizarre reason.

Yeah, mine doesn't seem to be minor. its probably an inch smaller, both width and height.

1 minute ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Yeah, mine doesn't seem to be minor. its probably an inch smaller, both width and height.

I just pulled my Manila out and it is maybe one or two millimeters longer than the 18x24 inch toploader I have it in. But the toploaders have varied in size by that much as well so I'm very confident in saying that the Manila litho is 18x24. If your litho is larger/smaller than 18x24 then I suspect something is wrong.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, amaninjapan said:

I just pulled my Manila out and it is maybe one or two millimeters longer than the 18x24 inch toploader I have it in. But the toploaders have varied in size by that much as well so I'm very confident in saying that the Manila litho is 18x24. If your litho is larger/smaller than 18x24 then I suspect something is wrong.

I have pm'd u a few pictures

The links to the pics you PM'd don't work but even without looking at it, just from your description, your Manila is fake. Manila should be 18" x 24" but you're saying it's smaller than Odense, which itself is European Standard - European Standard is already significantly smaller than US Standard. Even if it was exactly the same size as Odense, it's still way too small.

5 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

The links to the pics you PM'd don't work but even without looking at it, just from your description, your Manila is fake. Manila should be 18" x 24" but you're saying it's smaller than Odense, which itself is European Standard - European Standard is already significantly smaller than US Standard. Even if it was exactly the same size as Odense, it's still way too small.

Right okay. Yeah, im trying to figure this out for everyone as much as me. I didnt pay too much for it and will sort it out with the seller, but basically to anyone looking; there are numbered fakes out there. I know some of us have had our suspicions in the past with certain items but yeah, this is first time I've bought anything like this.

2 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Got them. Sorry to say but your Manila is fake. Please let us know who the Ebay seller is so as other people can avoid getting burned in the future.

The seller is "busy-bee123"

Edited by Brose
  • Like 1

Just for clarity, I measured my Manila (which I know with 100% certainty is real)

My tape is metric and the litho is just a few mm short of 18 inches wide

OQMTP8m.jpg

and almost exactly 24 inches long. As you can see, the toploader I have it in at the moment is a bit short (will probably swap it out and throw it away) but the litho is most definitely "US Standard"

3X2iIyp.jpg

The handwriting for the hand-numbering of a lot of the Asia lithos is distinct and at least to my eye (for good or bad, I've seen a LOT of GNR lithos over the past couple years), the handwriting on your fake doesn't match either. Why they would print a fake of one of the more disappointing designs is beyond me. Maybe they just assumed people buying a Manila wouldn't be as discerning or picky as someone buying an expensive litho? No idea.

42 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Just for clarity, I measured my Manila (which I know with 100% certainty is real)

OQMTP8m.jpg

and almost exactly 24 inches long. As you can see, the toploader I have it in at the moment is a bit short (will probably swap it out and throw it away) but the litho is most definitely "US Standard"

3X2iIyp.jpg

The handwriting for the hand-numbering of a lot of the Asia lithos is distinct and at least to my eye (for good or bad, I've seen a LOT of GNR lithos over the past couple years), the handwriting on your fake doesn't match either. Why they would print a fake of one of the more disappointing designs is beyond me. Maybe they just assumed people buying a Manila wouldn't be as discerning or picky as someone buying an expensive litho? No idea.

I have a curiosity regards the Manila litho. Could it be that it might acquire value in the future just because of the mistake between Duff's and Steven's skulls?

Just now, Brose said:

I have a curiosity regards the Manila litho. Could it be that it might acquire value in the future just because of the mistake between Duff's and Steven's skulls?

I doubt it. It's not a particularly interesting mistake and it's not a particularly amazing or popular litho. I mean... maybe? Anything is possible. But I wouldn't rush out to buy up any spares.

4 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

OQMTP8m.jpg

3X2iIyp.jpg

Its weird. He recently sold a Buhler Taipei and got good feedback from the buyer, who knows if that was legit or what.

No way can I afford all these lithographs, but I am thinking about putting a collection of tickets from the tour as I'm sure people retained extra stubs. Question would be what percentage of actual tickets vs electronic means of entry? Is this viable and should I start with a leg of the tour first?

3 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

It's been listed dude, don't worry we've analysed them all in this thread :lol:

I suspected as much, but I wasn't going to go through 173 pages (!) to make sure. I'll just blame the search function.

• Haha 1