Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

8 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

It'd be crazy impractical sometimes, but yeah sometimes the truly 'out there' type prints are super cool. Like the Nine Inch Nails print for their Palladium show. It was actually made to look like a strip of film, complete with sprocket holes and translucence! Very cool for sure, but it'd be a nightmare to figure out how to display that properly to get the maximum out of it!

DwIu3Jx.jpg

Looks like an Emek...that guy is incredible 

I'd also up for an art print from that Vegas poster, especially if it didn't have the Gn'R branding or dates. 

10 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

It'd be crazy impractical sometimes, but yeah sometimes the truly 'out there' type prints are super cool. Like the Nine Inch Nails print for their Palladium show. It was actually made to look like a strip of film, complete with sprocket holes and translucence! Very cool for sure, but it'd be a nightmare to figure out how to display that properly to get the maximum out of it!

DwIu3Jx.jpg

I'd have to frame that with glass front and back and a single black matte on both sides. Then I would have custom hanging hardware bent up (wouldnt be hard just a couple small pieces of steel). That way you could put your hand behind it and stuff to see that its transparent etc. Would be cool

• Like 1

I'd be interested in one of @facefirst's prints but I'd like to see the final design and know the cost (especially shipping to Canada) before committing to buy it.

As for the Holographic Universe printing his own copy, I see why it would annoy the artist but I don't think he really did anything wrong. He liked the litho but couldn't buy a copy, so he had a small one printed using the image that the artist uploaded on here. I don't know why everyone overreacted about it. :shrugs:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd be interested in one of @facefirst's prints but I'd like to see the final design and know the cost (especially shipping to Canada) before committing to buy it.

As for the Holographic Universe printing his own copy, I see why it would annoy the artist but I don't think he really did anything wrong. He liked the litho but couldn't buy a copy, so he had a small one printed using the image that the artist uploaded on here. I don't know why everyone overreacted about it. :shrugs:

For me its how he treated the artist. He was disrespectful

2 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Quick update: 13 have expressed interest in a Vegas / Mygnr run from Facefirst.  3 of the 13 have caveated their interest for price, shipping, and/or final design. 

FaceFirst, will DM you.

I’m in too, interested for price, shipping, etc. Customs in Argentina are a real pain in the ass, so maybe I will have it in my hands a year after it ships. Unless Facefirst wants so send me in a secure way the print and I’ll print it myself (I have a laser printer at home so no one else will see the document) 

17 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

For me its how he treated the artist. He was disrespectful

I’ve interacted with you for years and always been cool with you. I wasn’t disrespectful. You’re a joke. The litho lovers know this a great image. Totally bad ass. I reproduced it for my own enjoyment and was told I’m an assshole or whatever. That’s a joke. I was made to feel guilty for nothing. Whatever. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 7:36 AM, The Holographic Universe said:

I’ve interacted with you for years and always been cool with you. I wasn’t disrespectful. You’re a joke. The litho lovers know this a great image. Totally bad ass. I reproduced it for my own enjoyment and was told I’m an assshole or whatever. That’s a joke. I was made to feel guilty for nothing. Whatever. 

Just saw that

I'm not going to be a hypocrite and scold you for making a copy. The way you went about it while the artist was on here rubbed me the wrong way. He isnt some huge band like gnr. Its tough making a living as an artist and you instantly went and printed it and then posted it while he was here. Of course he wasnt going to say "good job!" when you were sort of bragging about getting your copy. 

You could have just said sorry and that you didnt know it would bug him (although come on...) But then you came off as a prick to him

I don't know you IRL, I just think you were rude a didnt know when to quit. Anyways, it is what it is and maybe I was harsh

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Just saw that

I'm not going to be a hypocrite and scold you for making a copy. The way you went about it while the artist was on here rubbed me the wrong way. He isnt some huge band like gnr. Its tough making a living as an artist and you instantly went and printed it and then posted it while he was here. Of course he wasnt going to say "good job!" when you were sort of bragging about getting your copy. 

You could have just said sorry and that you didnt know it would bug him (although come on...) But then you came off as a prick to him

I don't know you IRL, I just think you were rude a didnt know when to quit. Anyways, it is what it is and maybe I was harsh

You did nothing wrong.  Props for calling it out

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Just saw that

Yeah, drinking and texting aren’t the best of combinations. 

• 2 months later...

I’ve got a buddy there (he’s in heaven, loves GnR AND Loves Snoop Dogg). He snagged me one. They were only allowing one per person.

any idea on the artist? While it’s a “Pretty” litho, not necessarily unique. Was hoping for a more close tie to the Super Bowl...then again, I know the Super Bowl is so protective of their brand that I imagine they weren’t allowed to

15 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Saw this earlier. Honestly, I don't know how some of these designs get rejected whilst others are successful. At least Tim's design has a bit of style.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Think they made the right choice rejecting this vs Vegas 2019. I am over all of the skulls/skeletons. The GnR logo version is much cleaner with a nice mix of color 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...