[Izzy Stradlin] 'F.P. Money' featuring Matt Sorum

Silent Jay

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes surprising cos he bitched about Matt being brought into gnr and said he couldn't get the same sound with him as he he did Adler and that Matt brought a heavier sound that he didn't like. Another one of his reasons to leave the band apparently. 

yeah!

but that was nearly 30 years ago right?

AND matt is soundin GOOD on that snippet!

:headbang:

11 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes surprising cos he bitched about Matt being brought into gnr and said he couldn't get the same sound with him as he he did Adler and that Matt brought a heavier sound that he didn't like. Another one of his reasons to leave the band apparently. 

Wasn't it more about he didn't know till Matt showed up instead of Adler, he didn't have a say? Truth from this band, not in this lifetime.

Let the music do the talking...

Edited by pacu44

I am curious about these 2 guys that, to the best of my knowledge, have never recorded with Izzy before

= TONY BABYLON on bass

Picture

about him = Tony Babylon is a bass player, musician and vintage guitar expert born in East Los Angeles California.  He has been involved in the LA music scene for several years and as a fan, has supported many of the local bands by attending their gigs. His past music affiliations include the groups: Radio Babylon, WINK, The Mercy Beat, E*Lux, and more recently, SMASH Fashion. He performed live with the legendary Syl Sylvain, Mott's Ian Hunter and has recorded bass tracks for many studio sessions.  He has also worked under the tutelage of vintage guitar expert Howie Hubberman and Albert Molinaro who formerly owned Guitars R Us - a highly revered guitar store formely located on the Sunset Strip (from here = http://www.musicala.org/guest-hosts.html)

apparently he is friends with santa claus

B5v8CddCIAA5v3I.jpg

= DAMON FOX on keys

Google says he has played for THE CULT, so that probably explains the Matt connection

matt twitted about him in 2013 = 

He has been part of one show of the Matt Sorum's Adopt the Arts Foundation (he can be seen on this photo right by Matts side 2 months ago holding the top hat up above his head)

here some photos of him playing some keyboards (or whatever that is) 

plays guitar

531222848-damon-fox-performs-at-adopt-th

and the guy is a singer as well (with gilby on the bigger photo)

Image result for "damon fox" "matt sorum" -izzy    

180773121-guitarist-gilby-clarke-and-mus

and here doing lead vocals on one of those LA jams with gilby, slash and many others

180773606-macy-gray-a-drummer-guitarist-

Wonder how these guys will sound on F. P. MONEY!

• Like 3

Fighter Pilot money, I heard it as "They can fight about money" at first, my husband is still convinced that's what he says Lol.

Is it a coincidence, do you suppose his really having a poke at GnR. I would like to believe I am over thinking the whole situation, as he very blatantly informed us with his Speculation tweet.

However my problem with all of this situation is Duff. izzy and Duff release music for How to be a Man, Duff goes on record saying how easy it is to work with him. but through out this regrouping he doesn't mention Izzy, doesn't retweet any of the music, doesn't acknowledge Izzys account, that would have been instant verification in seconds. 

So reading between the lines I can't help feeling there has been a falling out, and Izzy is hitting back in style!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I would like to believe I am over thinking the whole situation, as he very blatantly informed us with his Speculation tweet.

However my problem with all of this situation is Duff. izzy and Duff release music for How to be a Man, Duff goes on record saying how easy it is to work with him. but through out this regrouping he doesn't mention Izzy, doesn't retweet any of the music, doesn't acknowledge Izzys account, that would have been instant verification in seconds. 

So reading between the lines I can't help feeling there has been a falling out, and Izzy is hitting back in style!

+1

Edited by pacu44

Releasing music for free has made the whole more money thing kinda redundant for me, it doesn't make sense.I also don't believe Izzy was never asked to participate or that he has a problem with the current line up. I don't believe fortus has to be out for Izzy to be in.

So I wondered maybe if it's how things are being done,  this is perhaps not how Izzy would have gone about it. Touring old music on the strength of a reunion now matter how good it is to see, and yes it's made me ridiculously excited it does however smack of a cash grab.

I thought it interesting that Izzy tweeted the new cheap trick song, a band who  released thier  first new album in five years and then announced tour dates at roughly the same time as the GnR tour announcement. Before committing to a tour  maybe Izzy needed to know they could work together properly,  iron out any differences, be creative and bring new material to the table and then go out on tour? Otherwise you just have a repeat of Illusions minus the drugs and Alcohol. 

Yes  I know somebody will point out Izzy never tours his own music, so once again it all becomes speculation and its frustrating. I would really like to know the answer to a lot of things behind the regrouping, the whole Izzy Twitter/music is a really interesting development that I'm willing to bet that even Duff, Slash and Axl didn't see coming.

Don't misunderstand me, I am loving "Not in this life time", its amazing to see the Guy's on stage together, and it's great to hear Izzy music, I just never expected it to be from two different entity's.

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ludurigan said:

I am curious about these 2 guys that, to the best of my knowledge, have never recorded with Izzy before

= TONY BABYLON on bass

Picture

about him = Tony Babylon is a bass player, musician and vintage guitar expert born in East Los Angeles California.  He has been involved in the LA music scene for several years and as a fan, has supported many of the local bands by attending their gigs. His past music affiliations include the groups: Radio Babylon, WINK, The Mercy Beat, E*Lux, and more recently, SMASH Fashion. He performed live with the legendary Syl Sylvain, Mott's Ian Hunter and has recorded bass tracks for many studio sessions.  He has also worked under the tutelage of vintage guitar expert Howie Hubberman and Albert Molinaro who formerly owned Guitars R Us - a highly revered guitar store formely located on the Sunset Strip (from here = http://www.musicala.org/guest-hosts.html)

apparently he is friends with santa claus

B5v8CddCIAA5v3I.jpg

= DAMON FOX on keys

Google says he has played for THE CULT, so that probably explains the Matt connection

matt twitted about him in 2013 = 

He has been part of one show of the Matt Sorum's Adopt the Arts Foundation (he can be seen on this photo right by Matts side 2 months ago holding the top hat up above his head)

here some photos of him playing some keyboards (or whatever that is) 

plays guitar

531222848-damon-fox-performs-at-adopt-th

and the guy is a singer as well (with gilby on the bigger photo)

Image result for "damon fox" "matt sorum" -izzy    

180773121-guitarist-gilby-clarke-and-mus

and here doing lead vocals on one of those LA jams with gilby, slash and many others

180773606-macy-gray-a-drummer-guitarist-

Wonder how these guys will sound on F. P. MONEY!

Pretty cool man, you really went deep in this thing.

Its weird that why din't that JT longoria guy played the bass on the song, like he has played bass for Izzy before and he is mixing songs for Izzy too. I guess maybe Matt was like why don't you record with some friends of mine or something.

Maybe Matt can convince him to tour with KOC or something. It would be pretty cool to see Izzy touring. 

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

I guess maybe Matt was like why don't you record with some friends of mine or something.

Maybe Matt can convince him to tour with KOC or something. It would be pretty cool to see Izzy touring. 

a KOC tour would be a dream

think about izzy and Steven Stevens? Izzy on Rhythm and Gilby on lead?

Fuck that would rock!

Edited by ludurigan