1 year ago: Slash live at Nice July 5th 2015

fanfzero

Ok, so it was mid 2015 and Slash had announced new tour dates for one of the final legs of the World on Fire tour. I was dissapointed because the day he played in Madrid I had a holliday reservation at Nice.

Then I checked his web and saw that the day before he had a concert at Nice 2 days before Madrid, so I inmediatly booked my tickets.

Nice is a region in the south of France, during summer it's a very hot place. I went there by car stopping in San Sebastian and Toulouse. When I arrived, I saw there was almost no info about the show, I asked near the venue (which was a small place) and nobody knew anything. Then, the day of the concert arrived. I went to the venue in the morning and there was a huge queue of fans. I went for a walk and returned there for the concert time. The doors openned, they registered us and asked to put some objects on a special place (my father had to left his dslr camera there) as far as I know there are only phone recordings from the show, the funny thing is that a girl was able to sneak a camera by hiding it between her boobs.

I run to the stage and was able to catch a place in 6th row. Raven Eye were the opening act, they were good but we were all very excited for seeing Slash. When they finished, some roadies started doing a soundcheck and we cheered and clapped our hands at them when they played a note. A group of crazy french fans started to shout "Slaaash, Slaaash, Slaaash".

Slash didn't show up, so they started singing "Aaaxl, Aaaxl, Aaaxl". And then they started singing "Walk" by Pantera, very funny.

Then the cd music went off and the circus music started. Slash and The Conspirators (and later Myles Kennedy) appeared and started playing "You're a lie". Sound was awful, it wasn't too loud, but the sound mix was terrible, I could barely hear Slash and Myles. 

It was time for the gnr classic "Nightrain", a wild mosh pit started during that song, but it lasted just like half a minute.

Third song was "Avalon", from the World of fire Album. Here the mosh pit started again, but bigger and wilder, so I had to move to the left and ended up in 4th row in front of Frank Sidoris' (the other guitar player) amp, so that totally buried Slash on the sound mix.

Halo, Back from Cali and Wicked Stone came next.

During Wicked Stone, Myles started shaking hands, and I was able to touch his hand. Here is a video, in 1:33 he starts shaking hands, mine is the last one he touches around 1:42

https://youtu.be/5wAUInNwMgA

It was a cool moment!

Then came DTJ, I was expecting a long solo like on the UYI tour, but insted it was very short. But I forgot about it when they started playing a killer version of You Could Be Mine.

Myles nailed that one.

Between Doctor Alibi and Welocome to the Jungle I was able to sneak into 2nd row. I could almost touch Frank Sidoris and Todd Kerns because they were very near.

A little break with Starlight, the ballad from the 2010 album.

Beneath the Savage Sun (wtf was slash thinking when he made a song about an elephant?) and The Dissident (awesome song) came next.

And then...it was time for Rocket Queen.

During the (veeery long) solo, Slash came to my zone, and he was like 1 meter away from me!. During the solo, security guards gave us glasses of water. After drinking the 1st glass and catching a 2nd one, (I repeat, Nice is a very hot place and I was thirsty as f*ck) I saw a beautiful blonde of my age next to me trying to catch a glass. Just imagine the situation of "What should I do? Should I offer mine to her? I'm very very thirsty,  but I'm not sure about what to do" while Slash played the RQ solo in front of me. Finally, she catched a glass from the security guard, so I was like "I ain't gonna see her again in my life, so f*ck it, I'm gonna drink my water".

Bent to fly, World on Fire and Anastasia came next (thanks to Frank's amp I could barely hear Slash's part on Anastasia)

Sweet child O'mine was the next song, Slash's riff sounded very low and like if his guitar was bought in a chinese toy bazar. I could almost not hear the solos (Thanks again Frank :( )

Slither came up, that song is killer when played live. At the end of the song, Frank Sidoris threw a pick that fell next to me and I was able to catch it (I still have it at home, it has his signature on one side and a drawing of a very haired face on the other). Then I tried to sneak into 1st row, but a fat french man saw me and growled something at me (Even though I didn't understand a shit of what he told me, I just said ok ok).

Paradise City was the closing song, we were all very tired but still singing along. 

After the show, I decided to look for Slash's bus, and I found it. We were like 200 people out there, a guy had travelled from the USA with his guitar so Slash could sign it.

But then a security guard came out and said that Slash was very tired and he wasn't going to sign.

They put a barrier and opened the door: Slash and Myles went out.

Slash said "Hi guys" while walking to the bus very fast. A guy next to me (friend of the blonde) touched Slash's arm and got crazy screaming "Je l'ai touché, Je l'ai touché". I shouted at them "You are the best!!!" because I couldn't think of anything else.

• Like 2