STEVEN ADLER ON DRUMS!! Out to Get Me! LIVE!!!!

2 minutes ago, fallglimmer said:

The rumor is that Izzy wasn't happy with the $$ he was offered.

But even if true, it's no excuse not to get up on stage for at least one guest appearance. I get that the $$ could prevent a full fledged regrouping or multiple appearances by IZZY, but for one appearance? Hell, Axl managed to get him up on stage with the former lineup just a couple years ago. There's no reason he shouldn't be able to do it again. I'll bet IZZY probably didn't even get paid for any of those past appearances. If he did, it likely wasn't much more than expenses.

2 minutes ago, thunderram said:

But even if true, it's no excuse not to get up on stage for at least one guest appearance. I get that the $$ could prevent a full fledged regrouping or multiple appearances by IZZY, but for one appearance? Hell, Axl managed to get him up on stage with the former lineup just a couple years ago. There's no reason he shouldn't be able to do it again. I'll bet IZZY probably didn't even get paid for any of those past appearances. If he did, it likely wasn't much more than expenses.

He did get paid, and a lot apparently. Axl mentioned that management did that without him knowing, he thought it was just Izzy being buddies. He was shocked how much he ended up being paid.

Edited by fallglimmer

4 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Izzy is the least likely and now its proven to be the case.

He doesn't like commitments and being tied down. He doesn't like being in the limelight either

I'm not really sure how you can believe that to be true considering the fact that he's turned up at several of AXL's shows the past 6-7 years and gotten up on that stage. All the other things you said about him were still true then, yet it still happened.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fallglimmer said:

He did get paid, and a lot apparently. Axl mentioned that management did that without him knowing, he thought it was just Izzy being buddies. He was shocked how much he ended up being paid.

Link? I'm skeptical considering how much control AXL has over the band and everything that goes along with it. I really can't imagine that "management" (whatever that really is) could or would be able to do something like that w/o his knowledge or approval. Not saying you are wrong, just saying that I'm skeptical.

1 minute ago, thunderram said:

Link? I'm skeptical considering how much control AXL has over the band and everything that goes along with it. I really can't imagine that "management" (whatever that really is) could or would be able to do something like that w/o his knowledge or approval. Not saying you are wrong, just saying that I'm skeptical.

it was in one the of Q&As that he did on here, its been talked about before. I'm sure someone else will have a better idea of where to find it.

8 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

I was convinced Izzy wouldn't appear at all but now I think he will. Last week when there was all the speculation about what his new song meant, he was very quick to post the lyrics, explain the inspiration, and say sorry for any misunderstanding.

I think he posted the lyrics because of that bullshit altnation article that just took the lyrics some guy heard WRONG, and they made a big deal out of it. Morons

Btw anyone notice at 4:54 in the video after OTGM Steven wants to to shake Axls hand as in saying thank you, and Axl quickly got up to shake his hand.:heart: I agree with the other posters who said it looks like the 2nd song wasnt planned, I think thats why Steven did the handshake

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, fallglimmer said:

it was in one the of Q&As that he did on here, its been talked about before. I'm sure someone else will have a better idea of where to find it.

Well, then I guess there is a reason for it not to happen. SHIT.

Hopefully they will be able to come to some type of agreement for at least one show with Steven there as well. Hopefully IZZY will do it for the fans rather than for the $$ as I'm sure Steven just did.

4 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Well, then I guess there is a reason for it not to happen. SHIT.

Hopefully they will be able to come to some type of agreement for at least one show with Steven there as well. Hopefully IZZY will do it for the fans rather than for the $$ as I'm sure Steven just did.

I mean it could still happen. It's just that he isn't going to do it for kicks like Steven probably did.

so is Steve going to be a staple now on the tour? when the Rolling Stones had their 50th Anniversary tour a few years ago, they had a former guitarist (Mick Taylor) come along and play a few songs every show and than get off the stage, I am guessing it is going to be the same thing for Steven and this tour

Man, that was so cool and nice. Adler looks so happy and he plays great! I always knew that he would make a quest appearance at some point. The fact that he hadn't made any comments about the reunion proved it.  I'm happy with Frank on drums, but this was cool nevertheless and most of all I'm happy for Adler. Nobody has wanted a reunion more than him.

Wow. I never wanted or needed it but that was fucking sweet. And he really does sound boss. I'm no drum expert but i'd love to hear him on RQ and Brownstone.

Seems there are still people around here who think this tour is more about money than healing. This says otherwise. Love how Axl runs up to him to find out what he wants to play and both Fortus and Duff play right in front of him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gilla999 said:

Literally still in shock. The best kind of shock there is. He has a smile on his face the whole way through - oh, and it sounds fucking AWESOME. Obviously. How it's supposed to sound. You guys see Slash smiling at him during My Michelle? I love it. So so happy for Steven, this will have meant so much to him. What a random time and place to do it though! 

Izzy, we we're waiting for you...

Stevies from Ohio! Not so random if you think about it :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gilla999 said:

Yeah exactly and I'm from that era of GNR fan so that's what I'm used to seeing! I do think the British crowds these days are still more rowdy than what I've witnessed in the US but I totally agree the camera phone thing plays a massive part of it wherever you are too. I was in pit in Vegas and the phone thing did my head in - such a buzz kill

Part of it is the fact us Americans can and will get sued for anything these days, but Also in Wisconsin where I'm from it'd be boarderline riot having GNR, which is why I wished they would have played Lambeau Field in Green Bay Wi. For Kenny Chesneys concert (yes Kenny Chesney lol) played at Lambeau there were 80,000 fans there and there was dozens ejected from the concert and a bunch of arrests...Wisconsin knows how to party, these other midwest states are chill compared to us...even chicago was chill, they've got absolutely nothing on us. You should have seen the bartenders face at Soldier Field when I said all 4 beers I ordered were for myself, she instantly knew I was from Wisconsin and asked me to confirm it lol.

Ironically section 430 at Soldier Field was full of Wisconsinites, I had wondered initially why our section was kicking so much ass, then found out most of us were all from the same town & just wisconsin in general, must have been a ploy by Ticket Master to keep us away from the Chicago people because they know what we do to them during Packers Vs Bears games.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/cops-overwhelmed-by-drunks-kenny-chesney-sparks-white-1713086995

Edited by SlashElvisTCB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think he posted the lyrics because of that bullshit altnation article that just took the lyrics some guy heard WRONG, and they made a big deal out of it. Morons

Btw anyone notice at 4:54 in the video after OTGM Steven wants to to shake Axls hand as in saying thank you, and Axl quickly got up to shake his hand.:heart: I agree with the other posters who said it looks like the 2nd song wasnt planned, I think thats why Steven did the handshake

Ohhhhh, yeeesss :wub::wub::wub:

2 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

I'm looking that video for the 4th time and it seems to me just as you sad...

My Michelle seems to be added by feeling... Axl said "let's do another... ", goes do Duff, and then to Adler... and Slash just throws a smile B-)

I don't have an ear for drums like some world class drummer-posters here, but I see difference in energy when Adler is there and when any one else is there...

It's just natural when he plays in GNR gig and that's it. No Sorum, No Brain, No Frank... just Popcorn - he is that source of juvenile, wild energy that is in the core of GNR

I'm saying this as person who thinks that Frank's doing good job there...

Yeah, but Sorum made a great job. He was the best replacement for Steven. Perfect Scouting back then. But as you said, when it comes to energy and stage presence steven is even better than all of them. A hybrid GnR with Adler and Sorum would have been perfect for a reunion.

• Like 1

Hopefully Angus told Axl: Dude, as long as they live and they are able to play, bring em back! Thats what the fans want.

With Steven you can see the magic of GnR...wild, unpredictable, happy, powerful, ...

Awesome. 

• Like 1