Would Slash do it without Duff?

yea but Axl is not firing Frank. Also Matt playing CD songs could probably be agreed upon the way Slash agreed to play CD songs. Actually according to Axl Slash didn't even need convincing. Duff already knew the songs and Slash jumped right in. With Frank it isn't even an issue for Axl but if he ever stepped aside I bet we see Matt. Him and Axl would iron out their differences if they were serious enough to keep them from being business partners again. You just hope Matt has learned to not be so brash and divisive. Maybe he has learned to be a better bandmate. Playing alongside Perry & Cooper can really humble you. Being sober also helps

Edited by Top-Hatted One

Who knows? possibly if there was a boat load of money and there was a solid pact between Axl and Slash to make nice on the tour. Duff adds more legitimacy to the band, he also has a level head which promoters look at and think "he'll keep things on track"... but, if he quit tomorrow the shows would still sell all around the world... this is proven time and time again, GNR 98-2014 Current AC/DC, Queen, Bon Jovi... all these bands were missing key members and they still did mega business worldwide, despite fan backlash. 

I know that the fan filmed doc suggested Duff isn't well known, but that really isn't entirely representative of Duffs fame. You could go to a metallica concert and ask some randomer "who's the drummer in Metallica" and they may not know, but the other rest of the crowd probably do know. This is a big tour and it's attracting people who don't have a history with the band so they don't know anyone bar Axl and Slash, as both of those are the iconic faces of GnR, more so than any other member... as far as general fair weather fans perceptions. 

5 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

yea but Axl was firing Frank. Also Matt playing CD songs could probably be agreed upon the way Slash agreed to play CD songs. Actually according to Axl Slash didn't even need convincing. Duff already knew the songs and Slash jumped right in. With Frank it isn't even an issue for Axl but if he ever stepped aside I bet we see Matt. Him and Axl would iron out their differences if they were serious enough to keep them from being business partners again. You just hope Matt has learned to not be so brash and divisive. Maybe he has learned to be a better bandmate. Playing alongside Perry & Cooper can really humble you. Being sober also helps

Matt is not coming back, I don't think Axl has much love for his drumming and the guy is too in your face. I'm sure things would be smoother these days but I'd guess that if Frank did decide he wanted out (not happening), Slash would probably get Brent Fitz in to replace him. 

Slash and Duff seem to be very close (not only them but also their wives/girlfriend and kids) so i doubt that Slash would have done it without him. He would at least have asked Duff if he wants to be a part of it again.  Slash was also the person who fought the most for Steven to have his guest spot on the drums. Dont know why people think that Slash has such a big ego. He comes across as qutie the contrary. Especially since he got sober and clean.

Edited by RooSaa
spelling mistake
  • Like 3

Duff is a role model for me. I really admire the guy. After the original Gnr breakup he kicked drugs, went to business school, studies martial arts, etc... Always stayed true to his roots.
Getting GnR back together is one of his crowing achievements, I don't think anyone thought it was possible. I mean if you really think about it this whole year has been so surreal.. Slash and Axl buds again, Slash playing Chinese songs, Axl being punctual, a hot anime character on keyboards, Adler back on drums. Crazy times man, crazy times...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

agreed - especially when $ is the core focus 

i'm not sure axl genuinely wants to release anything new 

Why wouldn't money be the core focus? Touring Is the only way they are going to make a living. Even though we may want It there Is no money In releasing a new album.

Edited by ironmt

I think Slash would but it wouldn't have happened without Duff. 

But once the ice is broken and Axl can trust Slash more, sure. It may have happened once Perla was gone anyway. Slash was sober and doesn't drive as hard a bargain. Hopefully Axl didn't take advantage of Slash's divorve to screw him on the reunion. Hopefully Slash was renumerated ignificantly enough to keep the ice breaking. 

Edited by wasted
Icebreaker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RooSaa said:

Slash was also the person who fought the most for Steven to have his guest spot on the drums. 

Okay I keep reading this and I have no idea where this info comes from?!

How do we know that it was Slash who pushed for Steven to have his moment? 

I've been here the entire time but I must have completely missed where this came from?

I haven't read all the previous posts so apologies if it was already mentioned but Slash said in his book and previous interviews that a reunion with GNR would only be considered by him if all original AFD members were on board.

That is pretty much what we see now in one way shape or form apart from Izzy who if rumors are to be believed was approached about reunion and still may appear sparingly as Steven is now.

So to answer the original post I doubt Slash would have rejoined without Duff.

• Like 1

The only fact we know is we don't know shit. Plain and simple.

We just don't know how this reunion happened. All we're doing is speculating.

It's most likely Duff brought Slash and Axl back together, but we just don't know.

We know Steven was allowed to play with them, but we don't know the conditions and how that happened or who was responsible for that. Was it Duff? Was it Slash? Or was it Axl as a nice gesture? 

We don't even know the conditions of Duff and Slash. Is this the regrouping of the old partnership? Is it still Axl's GNR?

Don't get me wrong dude, but there are maybe ... I don't know ... maybe 3 members on this forum (including Axl and Fernando) who could answer you these questions but there are zero members who would answer you such questions.

On July 16, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Free Bird said:

The only fact we know is we don't know shit. Plain and simple.

We just don't know how this reunion happened. All we're doing is speculating.

It's most likely Duff brought Slash and Axl back together, but we just don't know.

We know Steven was allowed to play with them, but we don't know the conditions and how that happened or who was responsible for that. Was it Duff? Was it Slash? Or was it Axl as a nice gesture? 

We don't even know the conditions of Duff and Slash. Is this the regrouping of the old partnership? Is it still Axl's GNR?

Don't get me wrong dude, but there are maybe ... I don't know ... maybe 3 members on this forum (including Axl and Fernando) who could answer you these questions but there are zero members who would answer you such questions.

Who is the 3rd one?