11/26/16 - San Jose, CR - Estadio Nacional

alfierose

29 minutes ago, Chuerta86 said:

Tocayo!!!! Nice to meet you here and great to run into you at the concert.

I'm at the airport, ready to fly back home (stopping for a while in Mexico City) and I have to say that out of 8 show's this year (Troubador, both Vegas, 1st Mexico City, both LA, San Diego and Costa Rica) THIS was the best performance and my favorite show (right after Troubador.

I was there for a week and there were too many emotions and uncertainties due to the hurricane, a lot of anxiousness hoping people and loved ones would be safe and at the same time hoping the concert would not get cancelled. San Jose was by far the best crowd and the most intense, not rowdy or "aggressive" like Mexico or other S.A. countries, no, I was right on the rail and it was pretty mellow. The fans there are very loyal, noble, respectful and very beautiful. It was calm but intense just the way people were glued to the stage, jumping and singing and witnessing history being made. People were crying out of joy outside during soundcheck. I know people that got late because they were driving from far away under horrible road conditions due to the hurrican, but they made it. Guns showed support for the victims and cooperated with the local red cross and people mobilized quick to donate goods and foods. The aura and energy was very emotive and joyful, it was a hot day and when it rain the fresh and wetness was welcomed by everyone. Axl dedicated Knocking on Heaven's Door to the victims in a moment that saw my teary eyes and, even for those who are not local, struck a strong chord. It was surreal. Many waited 23 years for this but the Ticos waited close to 30 to see these monsters. People were camping outside for over a week despite the dangers of the hurricane. I love the crowd. I love Costa Rica. I love my Ticos. <3

I had a Mexican flag and Axl looked right at it and smiled, that was a personal highlight for me. I also met so many awesome fans and started what I hope it will be many cool and awesome friendships.

I will post some pictures sometime later.

Wow....what a beautiful heartfelt review. I could tell even via Periscope how special the show was and you could see it in everyone's faces on and off stage. So glad you to got to see that in person. How special! 

I was there too. Went from Guatemala just for the concert but get to know the producer whom took them to Costa Rica and had a blast (didn't make to meet the band, sadly). Axl sounded amazing for most of part of the concert and Slash was the showstopper imo. Anyone else noticed how slash made mistakes in some songs in Costa Rica? People were awesome, rocked although the rain, Axl was super friendly and happy saying hi to everyone (even to fans on the highest rows). 

Although I was there for less than 24 hours I get to see how amaizing the country is, but must important how incredible ticos are. Everyone there was so so so so friendy, people are polite and very respectul. As with any concert of this magnitude, a lot of people of other near contries travel to see those bands. People from other countries (like mine, sadly) left some places dirt and trash on floors and I witnessed may ticos (civilians, no staff) picking trash from floors and the park around the stadium and placing it on trash bins. Thats amazing, the people left the place clean. TICOS ROCKS!

Just now, tata said:

I was there too. Went from Guatemala just for the concert but get to know the producer whom took them to Costa Rica and had a blast (didn't make to meet the band, sadly). Axl sounded amazing for most of part of the concert and Slash was the showstopper imo. Anyone else noticed how slash made mistakes in some songs in Costa Rica? People were awesome, rocked although the rain, Axl was super friendly and happy saying hi to everyone (even to fans on the highest rows). 

Although I was there for less than 24 hours I get to see how amaizing the country is, but must important how incredible ticos are. Everyone there was so so so so friendy, people are polite and very respectul. As with any concert of this magnitude, a lot of people of other near contries travel to see those bands. People from other countries (like mine, sadly) left some places dirt and trash on floors and I witnessed may ticos (civilians, no staff) picking trash from floors and the park around the stadium and placing it on trash bins. Thats amazing, the people left the place clean. TICOS ROCKS!

Oh and forgot to mention the bad part of the concert: no fireworks or pyro at all! The producer told me that there was a restriction by the local government about using fireworks and pyro and they try to negotiate but didn't happen.

18 hours ago, Chuerta86 said:

Tocayo!!!! Nice to meet you here and great to run into you at the concert.

I'm at the airport, ready to fly back home (stopping for a while in Mexico City) and I have to say that out of 8 show's this year (Troubador, both Vegas, 1st Mexico City, both LA, San Diego and Costa Rica) THIS was the best performance and my favorite show (right after Troubador.

I was there for a week and there were too many emotions and uncertainties due to the hurricane, a lot of anxiousness hoping people and loved ones would be safe and at the same time hoping the concert would not get cancelled. San Jose was by far the best crowd and the most intense, not rowdy or "aggressive" like Mexico or other S.A. countries, no, I was right on the rail and it was pretty mellow. The fans there are very loyal, noble, respectful and very beautiful. It was calm but intense just the way people were glued to the stage, jumping and singing and witnessing history being made. People were crying out of joy outside during soundcheck. I know people that got late because they were driving from far away under horrible road conditions due to the hurrican, but they made it. Guns showed support for the victims and cooperated with the local red cross and people mobilized quick to donate goods and foods. The aura and energy was very emotive and joyful, it was a hot day and when it rain the fresh and wetness was welcomed by everyone. Axl dedicated Knocking on Heaven's Door to the victims in a moment that saw my teary eyes and, even for those who are not local, struck a strong chord. It was surreal. Many waited 23 years for this but the Ticos waited close to 30 to see these monsters. People were camping outside for over a week despite the dangers of the hurricane. I love the crowd. I love Costa Rica. I love my Ticos. <3

I had a Mexican flag and Axl looked right at it and smiled, that was a personal highlight for me. I also met so many awesome fans and started what I hope it will be many cool and awesome friendships.

I will post some pictures sometime later.

Hey Tocayo!!! Didn't know you were on this forum. Awesome!!! It was my pleasure meeting you and living this experience with you guys on the What's App group months before the concert. Send you a big hug my friend. See you soon ;)

• Like 1