¿it is important?

¿is important to have a tecnique to sing with rasp? because i used to sing with rasp (lol with very nice rasp)  since i have 16 now i have almost 20 and i can't sing with the same rasp voice that i used to , if you want a idea i used to sing like axl in the marquee n ritz but now its more hard n i can't do for example the scream of the min 2:39 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-X79AjRfO8 now its more kinda easy to do the voice of 92 or 93 but sometimes i can't do or sing any of  that lol whats is wrong with my voice its fuc** up :( ? do i have to take some lessons to sing? or my voice change has to do something with my age? 

Edited by GN'R MEX
i miss one emoticon
  • Like 1

You said You were 16 When you started out and now you're almost 20? Most likely your voice has matured. It doesn't mean that your voice is damaged. Do you warm up beforehand? Drinking enough water during the day is important to vocal health also. Avoiding dairy foods before you sing helps as well. If range is what you're after there are plenty of YouTube videos you can watch and practice to help you improve your range. 

Rasp is simply character like vibrato. Having rasp is nice but it depends on what you're singing.

I'm a musician and singer also. So, are you just trying to sound like Axl or do you sing your own material? If you write your own material the best advice I can give you is to find your own tone, inflections and sound. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/14/2016 at 0:47 PM, GN'R MEX said:

¿is important to have a tecnique to sing with rasp? because i used to sing with rasp (lol with very nice rasp)  since i have 16 now i have almost 20 and i can't sing with the same rasp voice that i used to , if you want a idea i used to sing like axl in the marquee n ritz but now its more hard n i can't do for example the scream of the min 2:39 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-X79AjRfO8 now its more kinda easy to do the voice of 92 or 93 but sometimes i can't do or sing any of  that lol whats is wrong with my voice its fuc** up :( ? do i have to take some lessons to sing? or my voice change has to do something with my age? 

a vocal coach could be a good idea :)

• Like 1