JUSTICE LEAGUE (2017) Comic-Con Trailer

Słash

• 9 months later...

So last night the new Tom & Jerry movie was supposed to come out on HBO Max but the intern who was supposed to upload it accidentally uploaded the file for the new Justice League Snyder cut instead. So anyone who went to go watch Tom & Jerry on Max last night saw the 4-hour, R-rated Snyder cut instead lol!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

So last night the new Tom & Jerry movie was supposed to come out on HBO Max but the intern who was supposed to upload it accidentally uploaded the file for the new Justice League Snyder cut instead. So anyone who went to go watch Tom & Jerry on Max last night saw the 4-hour, R-rated Snyder cut instead lol!

Warner's fault for relying on unpaid interns :P  

Imagine having that on your resumé.  

• Haha 2

Re-watching Batman Vs. Superman for the first time since it came out. It is an extended edition so maybe it is more coherent this time. I really disliked it when it came out, and probably still do but I also have to give it kudos for being a big, unique mess. It reminds me of TLJ which I really like as a Star Wars fan. One of the dumbest parts for me was Superman having a grudge against Batman, that made zero sense. They did a good job setting up why Batman wants to take out Superman, though.

Edit- Still a slog

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

the social media review embargo has now lifted on the Snyder cut, and strangely enough, nobody is comparing it to JL2017. They’re all acting as if no films have happened since BvS. That can’t be a coincidence. Anyone who got to see this early must’ve all been instructed to pretend like JL2017 never happened.

It also sounds like it's the kind of mess one would expect out of a four hour movie:

https://www.cnet.com/news/snyder-cut-justice-league-review-still-a-mess-now-a-million-years-long/

I had zero expectations that this would be any better.  In fact, I kind thought it would be even worse than Whedon's version since I prefer Whedon's non-serious tone to Snyder's way too serious huff (that said, something more in the middle would have been appreciated).  

It amazes me that we're eleven years out from Dark Knight Returns.  How the fuck did Warner allow the DC universe go so far off the rails?  Wonder Woman and arguably Man of Steel were decent, but the rest have been a waste of time at best to dreck at worst.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, downzy said:

It also sounds like it's the kind of mess one would expect out of a four hour movie:

https://www.cnet.com/news/snyder-cut-justice-league-review-still-a-mess-now-a-million-years-long/

I had zero expectations that this would be any better.  In fact, I kind thought it would be even worse than Whedon's version since I prefer Whedon's non-serious tone to Snyder's way too serious huff (that said, something more in the middle would have been appreciated).  

It amazes me that we're eleven years out from Dark Knight Returns.  How the fuck did Warner allow the DC universe go so far off the rails?  Wonder Woman and arguably Man of Steel were decent, but the rest have been a waste of time at best to dreck at worst.  

I assume you mean Dark Knight Rises, right? If so; that one will be celebrating its 9th birthday this July.

On 3/9/2021 at 6:59 AM, rocknroll41 said:

Whoops LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I assume you mean Dark Knight Rises, right? If so; that one will be celebrating its 9th birthday this July.

Sorry, lol, I meant the Dark Knight.  It's been so long that I forgot both the name and its release date. 

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

Man, this version makes all the sense, WTF was WB and Whedon smoking in 2017?

You enjoyed it?

As a fan of both 'Man of Steel' & 'Dawn of Justice' & Zack Snyder in general, I was extremely let down with the 2017 release.

I'll be watching it this weekend and very much looking forward to it.

I'm going to preface this by saying that I don't consider myself to be a movie aficionado:

I liked the Snyder cut but I felt like if even 50 of the slow motion shots were played at normal speed, the movie could've been an hour shorter. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

even 50 of the slow motion shots were played at normal speed, the movie could've been an hour shorter. 

Then it wouldn't be a Snyder cut. Didn't you see SuckerPunch, Watchmen and 300?

54 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

You enjoyed it?

As a fan of both 'Man of Steel' & 'Dawn of Justice' & Zack Snyder in general, I was extremely let down with the 2017 release.

I'll be watching it this weekend and very much looking forward to it.

Yes I did, as fan of both those movies, and Zack's other work as well, ZSJL fits in nicely with all those.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm going to preface this by saying that I don't consider myself to be a movie aficionado:

I liked the Snyder cut but I felt like if even 50 of the slow motion shots were played at normal speed, the movie could've been an hour shorter. 

I said exactly the same thing to my wife when watching it earlier. :lol: That said, all things considered, I'm shocked to say that I did really enjoy it. I've not seen the earlier version for comparison but this was very enjoyable.

• Like 2

I watched a 30 min highlight reel on YouTube of the Snyder cut. It definitely has some flaws, but overall, it’s actually MUCH better than the Whedon version. I’m honestly shocked a lot of this shit got cut out!

EDIT: Upon further reflection, however, I can see why some of the omitted stuff would’ve never worked theatrically. Cyborg’s subplot is great, but very tonally bleak (something the studio was trying to move away from by that point), and Flash’s big moment towards the end would’ve had to have been edited differently so that it wouldn’t be too gory.

Edited by rocknroll41

22 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

EDIT: Upon further reflection, however, I can see why some of the omitted stuff would’ve never worked theatrically. Cyborg’s subplot is great, but very tonally bleak (something the studio was trying to move away from by that point), and Flash’s big moment towards the end would’ve had to have been edited differently so that it wouldn’t be too gory.

I'm kinda glad the gore had no such restrictions, that was very different from the usual kind of movie in this genre. 
On 2nd watch I noticed Steppenwolf straight up splits a few of the Atlantis guards in half, and blood goes everywhere in the water. 

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

If you are a fan of Snyders tone and vision you're gonna love the Snyder cut, it's a LOT, LOT, LOT more of the stuff you like. It's definitely a better film than Whedons version of the Justice League (that is a low bar to clear mind) and expands on characters backstories, context and motivations as it should do in its 4 hour runtime. For me it was still mediocre as its bloated and massively overindulgent, amped everything Snyder does to 11, your enjoyment may just come down to if your a Snyder fan or not. 

8 hours ago, Ryan95 said:

If you are a fan of Snyders tone and vision you're gonna love the Snyder cut, it's a LOT, LOT, LOT more of the stuff you like. It's definitely a better film than Whedons version of the Justice League (that is a low bar to clear mind) and expands on characters backstories, context and motivations as it should do in its 4 hour runtime. For me it was still mediocre as its bloated and massively overindulgent, amped everything Snyder does to 11, your enjoyment may just come down to if your a Snyder fan or not. 

Pretty much what I was going to say.

I finally got a chance to watch it over the last two nights.  I honestly don't know how anyone could sit down and watch a four hour movie, even if time allows.  

I did enjoy it more than I thought I would, but I think largely because I split the viewing over two nights.

It's hard for me to compare it to Whedon's version as I honestly don't remember it much.  I do think it's somewhat unfair to compare the two in some respects since Whedon had to edit for a theatrical release, i.e. keep it limited to two to three hours.  Snyder gets the benefit of leaving almost nothing on the cutting room floor, so it's less reliant on exposition and allows for more time with each character.  

That said, there's still a lot in this film that doesn't make much sense to me.  Especially the last hour, which felt like a mess.  It's still unclear how the Flash goes back in time going faster than the speed of light.  I know he mentions something really quickly before he does it, but it feels really forced and unnecessary.  Just have Superman kill Steppenwolf have the link between the two universes end.  

The epilogue felt really rough; almost as though Snyder was starting a new movie.  It would have made more sense to me to release it on its own as a bonus feature or something.  Felt really tacked on and pieced together with what few clips Snyder had on hand.  

Watching this new edition really makes me wish they would transition these kinds of projects away from theatres to television.  This movie would have been way more enjoyable had it been a six or eight our television series rather than one sprawling film.  The Marvel series works because they took their time with it and had what was essentially a 20-22 episode season play out in theatres.  Production values on television are rivalling films these days and with streaming revenues what they are I think fans of multi-character comic book entertainment would be better served if the format was geared towards television than films.