Nose Job, changed vocals, enunciation

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Has Gandalf had a nose job too? He doesnt talk like that in X Men! 

Obviously. What else could it be.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What was going on with him in 2002 and that interview where he had no eyebrows?

Chemical peels gone wrong or something. Possibly he was sick as well.

9 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

he has his mid range in 2010(whch was after the nose job as you say). Mid range is about the fucking shape man. He is fitter in 2010, thats why he sounds better 

I'm also referring to non-rasp songs like Patience, where his voice is not as deep as it used to be.  I have not heard him sing Patience or Don't Cry like he used to. 

Edited by jayrod737

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

this is so cool and so appropiate for this non-sense :rofl-lol:

GOD's profile pic is actually a good example of the side profile that shows the nose having much more of a slope than is used to. 

I hope Axl never reads this. 

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i like that idea :)

I think it cuz we get bored...they haven't released new music in 8 yrs and we're already used to these set lists...the reunion magic is already fading on some of us spoiled children. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jayrod737 said:

GOD's profile pic is actually a good example of the side profile that shows the nose having much more of a slope than is used to. 

I hope Axl never reads this. 

wtf is that "i hope Axl never reads this" thing you keep repeating? :crazy:

I don't know how old you are but there's something called "aging" that changes the face of a person as they grow older.

You should photograph yourself every year from now on and in 10 years we all will be talking about that terrible plastic surgery you got :facepalm:

• Like 1

Just now, jayrod737 said:

I think it cuz we get bored...they haven't released new music in 8 yrs and we're already used to these set lists...the reunion magic is already fading on some of us spoiled children. 

hahaha! i actually do feel spoiled. i like the list threads though, they seem less contentious and are fun. what kind of list thread can we make? :)

25 minutes ago, killuridols said:

wtf is that "i hope Axl never reads this" thing you keep repeating? :crazy:

I don't know how old you are but there's something called "aging" that changes the face of a person as they grow older.

You should photograph yourself every year from now on and in 10 years we all will be talking about that terrible plastic surgery you got :facepalm:

Well its ridiculous for a grown man to be bringing up this subject, so "hope he never reads this" comes from an embarrassed acknowledgments of that.  And if he or any of his crew ever did jump on this site again, I would just hope they'd have a better impression of GnR fans than a bunch of dudes analyzing Axl's face. Wait, are you Axl...Beta...Fernando? jk. 

You may be right.  The nose and ears of everyone, especially men continue to grow as they age.  I was just wondering about the voice connection and if anyone else thought of it. 

Wait, Frey and GOD seem to be getting mad at me. I thought I was in a SAFE SPACE?!?!?! 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I can't see any physical evidence of Axl having had a nose job. 

Chemical peels, hair transplant, Botox... Yes.

Not a nose job though. 

this i agree with. i don't see enough evidence for it to be a nose job. maybe the peels/Botox tightened his face so much that it may account for a slight change in the appearance of the nose? so hey how about this weather?? ( in an attempt to divert away from this topic :lol: )

• Like 1

also, in regard to the Axl reading this...my chiropractor was like the official chiro for LiveNation when big bands would come in town, so back in 2006 I almost got to meet Axl when the chiro when to adjust him and there was a chance of that happening again when they swing through town on this tour. So it would just seem so gay to meet Axl in person and try to be all down to earth with him when just a few days before I was on a gnr board over analyzing every way his voice may have changed.  Just weird when you actually see these guys as human beings.  That's why I said that no matter what I'm just glad he's happy now and things are going well.  But true fans always take things a little further than most sometimes. And its not like I'm the first bring up voice issues. I just hadn't seen the possible nose job aspect discussed. 

I'm not mad at anyone, I was just baffled. But I understand now what you meant by that sentence after reading your latest posts. Don't worry man, we all discuss the most ridiculous things here (at least I do...), it's just that you're with reasonable certainty wrong about the key points your argument was based on :lol: And there've been way worse threads on here...

Edited by Frey

11 minutes ago, jayrod737 said:

Well its ridiculous for a grown man to be bringing up this subject, so "hope he never reads this" comes from an embarrassed acknowledgments of that.  And if he or any of his crew ever did jump on this site again, I would just hope they'd have a better impression of GnR fans than a bunch of dudes analyzing Axl's face. Wait, are you Axl...Beta...Fernando? jk. 

You may be right.  The nose and ears of everyone, especially men continue to grow as they age.  I was just wondering about the voice connection and if anyone else thought of it. 

Wait, Frey and GOD seem to be getting mad at me. I thought I was in a SAFE SPACE?!?!?! 

then if you know and are aware of all those things, why did you start such a cringeworthy thread like this anyway? :shrugs:

The way you presented your concern looked so bad in print that I had to respond with those gifs but I'm not mad. It's just that your fundaments are very weak to even take this topic seriously and want to discuss it.

We've done this before and most of us concluded he has not had any major surgery performed in his face. And there is not one single serious proof of it nowhere to be found.

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

then if you know and are aware of all those things, why did you start such a cringeworthy thread like this anyway? :shrugs:

The way you presented your concern looked so bad in print that I had to respond with those gifs but I'm not mad. It's just that your fundaments are very weak to even take this topic seriously and want to discuss it.

We've done this before and most of us concluded he has not had any major surgery performed in his face. And there is not one single serious proof of it nowhere to be found.

haha, yeah, well it wasn't well thought out.  twas a random thought that was spoken prematurely

Should have just singled it down to the enunciation thing, which is actually totally separate from voice/nose stuff.  Anyone got thoughts on that?, haha

It may have done something that effected his voice but who really knows? It could have been many things. I do think he has had a fair amount of subtle shit done over the years. I always thought it was strange that he started at such a young age with it too. Reminds me of Michael Jackson in a way. 

28 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It may have done something that effected his voice but who really knows? It could have been many things. I do think he has had a fair amount of subtle shit done over the years. I always thought it was strange that he started at such a young age with it too. Reminds me of Michael Jackson in a way. 

it seems to me, and I may be wrong about this, but it SEEMS to me that many on here are opposed to the idea that he had surgery not because they are experts at spotting surgery, but because they think it makes Axl look weak or insecure or not something their idea of AXL ROSE would do.  But to me, it actually makes sense, not just because of the drastic difference in appearance post 1998, but because we all know Axl has had a rough life, feels shit deeply, he's an artist...and he's world famous, so getting old or seeing shit you don't like can't be a good feeling when millions are looking at you. And if he did anything, a lot of it was leading up to trying to build NuGnR and promote ChiDem, so that was a shit ton of pressure.  

I'm not a fan of Axl because of his looks.  I'm a true fan and true fans are not the ones that go to these shows to just hear Jungle, SCOM or PC. True fans would actually love to hear Locomotive or Don't Damn Me or Breakdown because we actually know all the lyrics and connect with them in some way.  We're the ones who actually know what Axl is saying the last few minutes of Coma.  I'd like to think the true fans actually care about these guys, especially Axl, as people, not "celebrities".  So I don't care if he had surgery or not.  It makes sense that he would, but its irrelevant to me in regard to my appreciation for him.  I do miss the old voice, I mean that's the voice on all the pre-ChiDem albums so how can you not miss it. And I do wonder what exactly happened and when, but I don't think anyone misses it more than Axl.  How incredibly frustrating must it have been when he started to realize his voice was losing the edge and power it used to have? Do you know how much courage it must take to keep going out there singing songs that you can't sing the way you used to...when that voice was one of the most iconic in rock history?  That takes balls.  So I respect him so much for what he's doing. And what's going on now is better than anything I thought we'd ever see.  

Sure, these aren't the 28 year old guys that were bat shit crazy going on stage 2 hours late and drunk abusing their bodies and Axl's vocal chords. These are men who have survived a lot and have been on a journey of their own and are now writing a new chapter that we all get the privilege to see.  These are fallible men with weaknesses just like all of us. They age and struggle and face death like we all do. I just think its cool they're still here and finally back together. 

Edited by jayrod737
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Is there some kind of surgery I can go through that will make me oblivious to these kind of threads? Some kind of partial lobotomy?

Since he's the surgery expert, he should suggest us what to get done to our brains so we dont have to :facepalm: everytime we read something like this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

This sentence made me cringe so fucking hard. Maybe people like me just don't give a fuck? It's creepy to go on and on about this kind of thing. Endlessly analyzing his physical appearance.

If the new criteria for using this band fan forum is being a surgery expert, well...colour me disturbed.

:rofl-lol:

yeah, it's like those people who say IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for Slash and Duff to be playing Chinese Democracy songs WITHOUT AXL FORCING THEM TO DO IT. Like there's no chance in hell they are doing it just because they like them.

This guy goes like, there is no fucking way in hell Axl Rose just AGED and some of his facial features changed? :lol:

I mean, THAT IS SO NOT TOTALLY A POSSIBILITY!

Axl painted himself into a corner with the way he sang in his younger days.  Everything about GN'R was destined to crash & burn and be short lived, voice included.  Some of you just can't get that aging plays a factor lol. GAH!

My voice doesn't sound like it did 20 years ago, does yours?  

Edited by Smokin' Cigarettes