Should the current lineup try to reclaim the "longest show" record?

Should the current lineup try to reclaim the "longest show" record?  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

All they have to do to break that record is to have Angus as a guest to play that never ending solo.

Agnus solo and Slash's 20 mins Rocket Queen solo!

5 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Vegas 06/06/14 was like the third longest? It was awesome. I think this lineup will do it eventually.

Hope one day they pull out all the stops and play every single song. It'd be amazing.

The only thing that would've made the 6/6/2014 setlist better would be Coma or Locomotive. Otherwise it was about perfect... TWAT, Yesterdays, and Prostitute on top of the normal set was incredible. I wish this lineup would play Prostitute at some point.

On 7/28/2016 at 9:41 AM, TheSeeker said:

GNR's longest show by the old lineup was 3 hours, 39 minutes, 11 seconds in August 1991

NewGNR broke the record in December 2009 with a show in Tokyo that was 3 hours, 39 minutes, 47 seconds

Should the current lineup take the record back?

GNR's longest show was 3 hours, 39 minutes, 11 seconds in August 1991

Axl Solo Band played 3 hours, 39 minutes, 47 seconds in Tokyo, December 2009

Should we use the right words to name these bands?

• Like 1

On 7/28/2016 at 1:24 PM, NicoRourke said:

I voted 'No' because I don't want them to do it just for the sake of reclaiming. I want them to do it if they just feel like playing a little longer, something spontaneous.

These were my thoughts exactly. If it were to occur naturally, I hope they do it, but just to play a long show to claim a record seems forced. As others pointed out, the other shows had "reasons" for being long (even if the band was not entirely aware of it):

-1991: Use Your Illusions were right around the corner and the band was probably stoked to be done.

-2009: As someone else said, Axl expected to be on tour in mid-2009. He had to wait a year to hit the road, and when he did, no holds were barred.

-2014: Although no one ever 100% confirmed it, everyone pretty much knew it was Bumblefoot's last show. Bumblefoot came on the board talking about how rehearsals for Vegas were they way he wished things had been all along (implying that his tenure in the band was ending). Someone at the forum asked Ron after the show if it would be his last show, and Ron confirmed it was. We've come to learn that pretty much everyone in the band in 2014 knew Slash and Duff were likely coming back, so those last few Vegas shows were really the end of an era: thus getting some lesser played Chinese Democracy songs. 

Also, I remember reading on the forums (I wanna say GNR Truth) that people in the front of the 06/06/2014 show were egging the band to keep playing and go for "longest show," and Axl mouthed something like "not tonight."

Edited by themadcaplaughs

• 1 year later...
54 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

If they keep adding covers like the CD stuff and other random stuff, yes the shows will get longer and longer ... :facepalm:

I'd be happy with just 5 minutes of the real GNR line-up and songs though !

Seriously... I was pretty excited about last nights show... I was listening a long and they were sounding damn good. I heard they were going to play almost 4 hours.. I figured that just meant more CD songs but I was really hoping to wake up have and some cool videos to look up on you tube.... Nope just all CD garbage.  All good for people that like CD but why not throw a bone to the fans that don't like that shit and who been around forever.  So disappointing... 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

because they are axl rose covers played by guns n aliens

Nope, they are Guns N' Roses songs. Don't you know Guns N' Roses discography?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N'_Roses#Discography

GNRchinesedemocracy.jpg

What does it say there? If that's not Guns N' Roses, then the one who made that cover should be having serious legal issues...

• Like 1