Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

44 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Reunion would have been postponed 20 more years if that happened

Dunno, Slash played in MJ's album and live with him when both GnR and him were touring Europe and Japan in 90s and the allegations against Jackson only became public in 1993 and he cancelled any show after that.

The rumours about Axl hating him or Slash for working with him never made much sense, the only thing Axl said about MJ at the time was at the VMAs when they received the ''Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award'' and Axl said them winning had nothing to do with Michael Jackson, you would expect a bit more than that if Axl really hated him.

And just found this, looks like this wasn't discussed much around the internet, if its legit.

If I had to say who I thought the best singers were, I'd say first that I don't know there's a definitive answer as in my opinion it's subjective, and second that my focus is primarily rock singers," he told Spin. "That said, I enjoy Freddie MercuryElvis PresleyPaul McCartney, [Nazareth singer] Dan McCafferty, Janis JoplinMichael JacksonElton JohnRoger DaltreyDon Henley, [Electric Light Orchestra frontman] Jeff Lynne, Johnny CashFrank Sinatra, [jazz singer] Jimmy Scott, Etta JamesFiona Apple, [Pretenders frontwoman] Chrissie Hynde, Stevie WonderJames Brown and a ton of others (predominantly Seventies rock singers) and would rather hear any of them anytime rather than me!"

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-responds-to-list-calling-him-worlds-greatest-singer-20140528

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s1u9qj

Edited by Rickodez

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, baje said:

Nah. It wasn't him on the record but he did play it live 

I found this

2. "Black or White", again from 1991's Dangerous.
Contrary to popular belief, Slash has not played on the main song, or even the lead, which is really not a guitar lead. If you remember the video, it starts off with Macaulay Culkin listening to music in his room. The guitar riffs you hear in that intro are by Slash.

Must be thinking of Lenny Kravitz. 

There’s that video on youtube of a drunk Slash playing a never ending solo and MJ gets pissed and kicks him. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like they r touring south america again in the future. Branco Eventos, producer tied to the AFD30 and SPTrip campaigns, said they have a huge announce for GNR in July. I cant see anything other than a tour.

• Like 1