Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so funny. Niven rant. Highly amusing. :lol::rofl-lol:

Though. What is that spirituality talk? :blink: Could someone explain the bolded part to me, please. Thanks!

26 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I am long married to a light worker, renown in this area, my friends know my spirituality and that our home is full of positive spiritual talismen. By contrast, just last month I was warned that Mr. Goldstein was roaming the Southwest in a mobile home full of weapons. Do I think Mr. Goldstein and Mr. Rose are banal? You might ask that but I could not possibly comment, beyond saying …

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

This is so funny. Niven rant. Highly amusing. :lol::rofl-lol:

Though. What is that spirituality talk? :blink: Could someone explain the bolded part to me, please. Thanks!

Haha, yeah it's bonkers!

I cant claim to understand what he said. But I have some guesses. I think Niven maybe practices some form of Wicca. He often presents with traits of a 'white witch' - a certain lineage of Wicca with a focous on positivity. But it could be so many belief systems. Or even his own personal one.

What I've noticed before about Niven is that he has talked about Slash possessing "the light" in other interviews. And hes often very concerned about the words people use when talking about God, Satan, Christ, etc. But I'm not sure what to make of that?

Could be a New Age tendency too. Or at an extreme, there's hints of Thelemic Mysticism (with its focous on light and dark, and with their acceptance of the broader Golden Dawn* idea of "Ascended Masters." In Thelema Christ, whom Niven defends earlier in his statement, is considered an "ascended master." Thelema could also explain the range of spiritual talisman he claims to display in the home). Thelema was founded by Mr Crowley who has been popular in the rock community, so it makes sense in that regard. But it also makes me embarrassed to raise the potential because Crowley is a sort of conspiracy theorist's fan-favorite, lol.

I dont know anything about his wife or what Niven means by "light worker" but its maybe noteworthy that he lives in Arizona because Sedona Arizona is an Aquarian hot spot. Sedona is where Yoda lived and worked. Thats where Axl would travel to see her. Many psychics and mystics live there. People travel to Sedona to 'recharge' their crystals. So, I'm not sure if its just coincidence that both parties live and work the mystical arts in the same state. Niven might just happen to live in same State but practice a completely different set of beliefs.

*Golden Dawn the historical magical order, not the present day Right Wing group from Greece

Edited by soon
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, soon said:

Haha, yeah it's bonkers!

I cant claim to understand what he said. But I have some guesses. I think Niven maybe practices some form of Wicca. He often presents with traits of a 'white which' - a certain lineage of Wicca with a focous on positivity. But it could be so many belief systems. Or even his own personal one.

What I've noticed before about Niven is that he has talked about Slash possessing "the light" in other interviews. And hes often very concerned about the words people when talking about God, Satan, Christ, etc. But I'm not sure what to make of that?

Could be a New Age tendency too. Or at an extreme, there's hints of Thelemic Mysticism (with its focous on light and dark, and with their acceptance of the broader Golden Dawn* idea of "Ascended Masters." In Thelema Christ, whom Niven defends earlier in his statement, is considered an "ascended master." Thelema could also explain the range of spiritual talisman he claims to display in the home). Thelema was founded by Mr Crowley who has been popular in the rock community, so it makes sense in that regard. But it also makes me embarrassed to raise the potential because Crowley is a sort of conspiracy theorist's fan-favorite, lol.

I dont know anything about his wife or what he means by "light worker" but its maybe noteworthy that he lives in Arizona because Sedona Arizona is an Aquarian hot spot. Sedona is where Yoda lived and worked. Thats where Axl would travel to see her. Many psychics and mystics live there. People travel to Sedona to 'recharge' their crystals. So, I'm not sure if its just coincidence that both parties live and work the mystical arts in the same state. Niven might just happen to live in same State but practice a completely different set of beliefs.

*Golden Dawn the historical magical order, not the current day Right Wing group in Greece

OMG. LOL Thanks for that. I guess?! :lol:

I didn’t expect as much information that I wouldn’t get either. But I do know how to take Niven’s last comments. lol

Also. They are ALL batshit crazy, like all of them. The band, the hangers, bystanders, exes and all. Carazzzzyyyyy. It keeps amazing me. :facepalm::rofl-lol:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

OMG. LOL Thanks for that. I guess?! :lol:

I didn’t expect as much information that I wouldn’t get either. But I do know how to take Niven’s last comments. lol

Also. They are ALL batshit crazy, like all of them. The band, the hangers, bystanders, exes and all. Carazzzzyyyyy. It keeps amazing me. :facepalm::rofl-lol:

je6za0Uh.png?1

Ha! Yup, every last one of them are crazy! But that thing about Dougie driving around in a mobile home full of guns... that's just another day in Murica :shrugs::lol:

Spoiler

:lol:

To restate: Niven seems to practice some form of what could broadly be termed Neo-Paganism. It might be why he lives in Arizona where New Age has a home in Sedona, Arizona. Or not.

• Haha 3

On 30.11.2018 at 11:18 PM, soon said:

je6za0Uh.png?1

Ha! Yup, every last one of them are crazy! But that thing about Dougie driving around in a mobile home full of guns... that's just another day in Murica :shrugs::lol:

Hide contents

To restate: Niven seems to practice some form of what could broadly be termed Neo-Paganism. It might be why he lives in Arizona where New Age has a home in Sedona, Arizona. Or not.

Yoda!!! :rofl-lol:

I am a total expert of neo paganism as I read the Mist of Avalon when I was 15. :book:

Also Mr. Crowley ... Axl said he saw Slash’s soul leaving his body in form of a crow... 

tenor.gif?itemid=5096707

Edited by Tori72
  • Haha 1

On 2018-11-29 at 6:25 AM, Sydney Fan said:

Its funny slash still talks to niven but the whole band and ex members want nothing to do with goldstein.

I think I read in Slashs book that him an whatever bird he was with at that point were in Nivens band and Niven said something to Slash’s bird that weirded them out and they left and didn’t speak to him after? 

Is that bollocks then? 

On 01/12/2018 at 5:30 AM, killuridols said:

I also don't understand the use of the banal word :confused:

what does he mean?

Banal means ordinary or everyday. There’s a quote about the banality of evil. It’s not always a cartoon of the evil mastermind. 

Niven might have been right about the direction of the band, but they went all out and pulled it off. All the videos and doing Estranged and Coma set them apart from other bands. 

31 minutes ago, wasted said:

Banal means ordinary or everyday. There’s a quote about the banality of evil. It’s not always a cartoon of the evil mastermind. 

Niven might have been right about the direction of the band, but they went all out and pulled it off. All the videos and doing Estranged and Coma set them apart from other bands. 

Comes from French and we use it in Dutch too. Urban dictionary says it's boring, so it apparently evolved from everyday to downright boring. Maybe Axl and Dougie are boring to Niven. And crazy pants.

I think it's funny Niven's still frothing at the mouth every time he thinks of Axl. He's going out of his way to insult Axl every time he opens his mouth. I don't really see a reason to do that here, and I think it speaks volumes of him. What an annoying guy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lio said:

Comes from French and we use it in Dutch too. Urban dictionary says it's boring, so it apparently evolved from everyday to downright boring. Maybe Axl and Dougie are boring to Niven. And crazy pants.

I think it's funny Niven's still frothing at the mouth every time he thinks of Axl. He's going out of his way to insult Axl every time he opens his mouth. I don't really see a reason to do that here, and I think it speaks volumes of him. What an annoying guy.

That’s true people say That’s banal , if you say something boring or cliche. I think Niven mentioned the banality of evil, in this case greed and ego. So he was trying to be condescending by saying that their evil is boring. 

2 hours ago, wasted said:

Banal means ordinary or everyday. There’s a quote about the banality of evil. It’s not always a cartoon of the evil mastermind

So he is saying he can't comment on whether he thinks Axl and Doug are banal people?

I'm sorry, I still dont get it :P

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, killuridols said:

So he is saying he can't comment on whether he thinks Axl and Doug are banal people?

I'm sorry, I still dont get it :P

No, he’s saying in a roundabout way that their evil was banal but it was masked by this crazy situation with Yoda. He just doesn’t want say it directly. It was boring greed and ego, not some evil witchcraft thing. He is infering they are banal people. 

Edited by wasted
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Lio said:

In spanish language banal means , superficial or trivial.

1 hour ago, wasted said:

No, he’s saying in a roundabout way that their evil was banal but it was masked by this crazy situation with Yoda. He just doesn’t want say it directly. It was boring greed and ego, not some evil witchcraft thing. He is infering they are banal people. 

That makes sense, thank you :)