RussTCB

Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

31 minutes ago, wasted said:

Banal means ordinary or everyday. There’s a quote about the banality of evil. It’s not always a cartoon of the evil mastermind. 

Niven might have been right about the direction of the band, but they went all out and pulled it off. All the videos and doing Estranged and Coma set them apart from other bands. 

Comes from French and we use it in Dutch too. Urban dictionary says it's boring, so it apparently evolved from everyday to downright boring. Maybe Axl and Dougie are boring to Niven. And crazy pants.

I think it's funny Niven's still frothing at the mouth every time he thinks of Axl. He's going out of his way to insult Axl every time he opens his mouth. I don't really see a reason to do that here, and I think it speaks volumes of him. What an annoying guy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lio said:

Comes from French and we use it in Dutch too. Urban dictionary says it's boring, so it apparently evolved from everyday to downright boring. Maybe Axl and Dougie are boring to Niven. And crazy pants.

I think it's funny Niven's still frothing at the mouth every time he thinks of Axl. He's going out of his way to insult Axl every time he opens his mouth. I don't really see a reason to do that here, and I think it speaks volumes of him. What an annoying guy.

That’s true people say That’s banal , if you say something boring or cliche. I think Niven mentioned the banality of evil, in this case greed and ego. So he was trying to be condescending by saying that their evil is boring. 

2 hours ago, wasted said:

Banal means ordinary or everyday. There’s a quote about the banality of evil. It’s not always a cartoon of the evil mastermind

So he is saying he can't comment on whether he thinks Axl and Doug are banal people?

I'm sorry, I still dont get it :P

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, killuridols said:

So he is saying he can't comment on whether he thinks Axl and Doug are banal people?

I'm sorry, I still dont get it :P

No, he’s saying in a roundabout way that their evil was banal but it was masked by this crazy situation with Yoda. He just doesn’t want say it directly. It was boring greed and ego, not some evil witchcraft thing. He is infering they are banal people. 

Edited by wasted
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Lio said:

In spanish language banal means , superficial or trivial.

1 hour ago, wasted said:

No, he’s saying in a roundabout way that their evil was banal but it was masked by this crazy situation with Yoda. He just doesn’t want say it directly. It was boring greed and ego, not some evil witchcraft thing. He is infering they are banal people. 

That makes sense, thank you :)

I remember him bitching about Perla and Axl on his social media. 

I also noticed Slash didn't include Ash in his Thanks on Living The Dream.

Edited by lilacmess
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I'm guessing Ash is drunk again :facepalm: he's horrible when he's drunk

Sounds like you know him?

Something doesn't add up. Meegan shared this on her instastories :shrugs: Guess she doesn't know what he wrote about her...

screencapture-instagram-stories-meeganho

• Haha 1