Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, soon said:

"Touring Drummer" is a better title than "Brains' Understudy" which was more accurate at one point. And I really hope that is still the case if any new drum tracks will be on a potential upcoming gnr album. 

I really, really hope that at least some of Brain's drumming (and Buckethead's guitar playing) will be on the next album.

Technically, "Guns N' Roses" consists of only 3 people. Frank is "the Guns N' Roses drummer" but not a part of the legal entity/brand... kinda like how Matt Sorum was an "additional musician".

17 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I really, really hope that at least some of Brain's drumming (and Buckethead's guitar playing) will be on the next album.

Technically, "Guns N' Roses" consists of only 3 people. Frank is "the Guns N' Roses drummer" but not a part of the legal entity/brand... kinda like how Matt Sorum was an "additional musician".

Me too! Id love to hear the original version and Ill be happy to hear the Slashified version. Im of many minds on this, because as a starved guns fan I will take anything, lol.

Any new tracks or new music to old vocals should be handled by Brain and Adler imo

• Like 2

They should keep as many musicians from the CD sessions as possible on the finished songs. Those members have spent so much time and energy into the recording process. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 3

''Tour drummer'' is such an Axl Rose thing haha. He did this with the Live Era credits also.

I've explained this before but he sees band designations as things in terminal flux, with various stages of ''touring musicians'', ''behind the scenes'' personae and ''people we may or may not want to record with, but we haven't really decided yet''. It is quite common to see band members join Guns N' Roses, depart Guns N' Roses, never thoroughly aware what their true status in the band was. It is also common to see people sacked, rehired, sacked, and pass forth through differing designations. 

It is all very confusing and uniquely Axl Rose. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Tour drummer'' is such an Axl Rose thing haha. He did this with the Live Era credits also.

I've explained this before but he sees band designations as things in terminal flux, with various stages of ''touring musicians'', ''behind the scenes'' personae and ''people we may or may not want to record with, but we haven't really decided yet''. It is quite common to see band members join Guns N' Roses, depart Guns N' Roses, never thoroughly aware what their true status in the band was. It is also common to see people sacked, rehired, sacked, and pass forth through differing designations. 

That's the way it is. 

31 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And I got used to the flexibility of GN'R lineups back in the 90s while you just had an epiphany.

I'm still confused by the term "shadow line-up". Could you explain that to me?