Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Only W. Axl Rose would seriously contemplate having a figure as inherent to Guns N' Roses as Slash guest on a Guns N' Roses album!

I would say that Izzy was more important for GN'R than Slash. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Sosso said:

But that doesn't contradict the fact that Rose's proposal was truly bonkers, Rose-inspired lunacy.

How can Slash be a guest on a Guns N' Bloody Roses album? 

Picture this scenario with any other band,

(Paul) ''Hey George, I'd really like you to guest on two songs I have been working on with this new version of The Beatles I have set up. John and Ringo are not there but I will allow you to guest on two Beatles songs. Pop into Abbey Rd on Saturday''.

(Mick) ''Keef, I'd really like you to guest on three songs I have been working on with this new version of the Stones I have set up. Can you come in before Tuesday? It'll have to be before Tuesday as I'm at Lord's from Wednesday''.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But that doesn't contradict the fact that Rose's proposal was truly bonkers, Rose-inspired lunacy.

How can Slash be a guest on a Guns N' Bloody Roses album? 

Picture this scenario with any other band,

(Paul) ''Hey George, I'd really like you to guest on two songs I have been working on with this new version of The Beatles I have set up. John and Ringo are not there but I will allow you to guest on two Beatles songs. Pop into Abbey Rd mon Saturday''.

(Mick) ''Keef, I'd really like you to guest on three songs I have been working on with this new version of the Stones I have set up. Can you come in before Tuesday? It'll have to be before Tuesday as I'm at Lord's from Wednesday''.

Yeah, but we know that communication was rather difficult for Axl and Slash in the late 90's/early 2000's. Those three songs could've improved their relationship. 

34 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Wow Izzy more important than slash? Thats delusional.

What would the appetite album be without slash's contributions to those riffs and solos?

The appetite 5 were all equally important for the first record and it shows whenever they try and hire someone new to fill the boots of a ex member from that period

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't care who is more important. None of the Appetite members can be guests for Guns N' Roses. Having Slash (or Izzy) guest on a Guns album is like somebody guesting at their own party. It is their thing to begin with!!

Thats correct and why would slash even be a guest when his in a partnership with axl and duff as owners? Where did the guesting stem from?

9 minutes ago, vloors said:

Thats correct and why would slash even be a guest when his in a partnership with axl and duff as owners? Where did the guesting stem from?

I don't know? That weird Chinese interview, wasn't it, from a few years ago? 

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't know? That weird Chinese interview, wasn't it, from a few years ago? 

The china exchange thing? I can only remember him mentioning that he had shown stuff already recorded to duff and slash. I might have another listen after the gym.

It would be suicide if they released a album only featuring a couple of slash/duff features and the rest with ashba or bumble. 90 percent of fans want slash and duff or they will be severely disappointed and sales will be half of or even less then a full feature would be with slash/duff.

Axl isnt that stupid and  especially if they plan to support the record with a new tour.  They will need slash/duff to re record on every song not just guesting on one or two.

7 hours ago, Sosso said:

I'm still confused by the term "shadow line-up". Could you explain that to me? 

No, I can't. Isn't that a term someone uses for something that occurred in the late 90s? I can't remember the details.

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Only W. Axl Rose would seriously contemplate having a figure as inherent to Guns N' Roses as Slash guest on a Guns N' Roses album!

Well, obviously Axl thought a new GN'R record would be better if it featured some of Slash's guitar work, but that having him back as a members again might not have been something Axl (or Slash) wanted. Your rigidity of mind is what causes your confusion.

8 hours ago, Sosso said:

It refers to a group of musicians who work on material for a while that is eventually handed over to the main line up to develop further. They are working on material that might eventually become Guns N' Roses songs but they are not members of Guns N' Roses.

It is believed that Axl had a group of such musicians doing exactly this in the background while the remains of the use your illusion lineup worked on their own material in the mid 90s.

Edited by History2010

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I will always be confused by how Rose has ran this band I'm afraid. 

Well, I would certainly not say I agree with all strategic decisions of the band, or that they all make much sense to me, but that Axl would want Slash to come back and add guitar leads to new songs after he had quit the band, makes complete sense to me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sosso said:

4 hours ago, History2010 said:

It refers to a group of musicians who work on material for a while that is eventually handed over to the main line up to develop further. They are working on material that might eventually become Guns N' Roses songs but they are not members of Guns N' Roses.

It is believed that Axl had a group of such musicians doing exactly this in the background while the remains of the use your illusion lineup worked on their own material in the mid 90s.

This.

The shadow band lineup is discussed a bit here, under the Working With Paul heading:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=54729#p54729

On 3/9/2019 at 7:41 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I don't care who is more important. None of the Appetite members can be guests for Guns N' Roses. Having Slash (or Izzy) guest on a Guns album is like somebody guesting at their own party. It is their thing to begin with!!

Izzy and Duff were both referred to as "special guests" when they appeared with GNR. So even if it feels weird, if Slash isn't in GNR and isn't rejoining GNR but will contribute to an album, he could be considered a "guest". Actually it's not bad promotion for him to be singled out like that.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, that's the same turntable may of us got bundled with our Locked & Loaded Sets. 

We got an even better deal now considering the pricing of the turntable on it's own! 

You got the actual turntable with that set?  I thought it was just a mat.  It's not wireless is it?  Glad to help you feel better about your purchase.

51 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Izzy and Duff were both referred to as "special guests" when they appeared with GNR. So even if it feels weird, if Slash isn't in GNR and isn't rejoining GNR but will contribute to an album, he could be considered a "guest". Actually it's not bad promotion for him to be singled out like that.

Well they werent part of the lineup at the time were they.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cineater said:

You got the actual turntable with that set?  I thought it was just a mat.  It's not wireless is it?  Glad to help you feel better about your purchase.

Lol, no, it wasn't just a turntable mat it was the entire turntable.

It's basically a Pro-Ject Essential III with the GNR branding on it. They also included the acrylic platter, which is usually a $120 upgrade.

I feel fantastic about my purchase. I got a $1000 boxed set and a $500 turntable for about $500 including tax and shipping :)

• Like 4