RussTCB

Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

17 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I really, really hope that at least some of Brain's drumming (and Buckethead's guitar playing) will be on the next album.

Technically, "Guns N' Roses" consists of only 3 people. Frank is "the Guns N' Roses drummer" but not a part of the legal entity/brand... kinda like how Matt Sorum was an "additional musician".

Me too! Id love to hear the original version and Ill be happy to hear the Slashified version. Im of many minds on this, because as a starved guns fan I will take anything, lol.

Any new tracks or new music to old vocals should be handled by Brain and Adler imo

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

They should keep as many musicians from the CD sessions as possible on the finished songs. Those members have spent so much time and energy into the recording process. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 3

On 22/01/2019 at 4:05 AM, duffgnr86 said:

Hope, he doesn't want to return..posted yesterday..del james liked it..

No fucking way does Ashba have over 1million followers. They must be bots lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

''Tour drummer'' is such an Axl Rose thing haha. He did this with the Live Era credits also.

I've explained this before but he sees band designations as things in terminal flux, with various stages of ''touring musicians'', ''behind the scenes'' personae and ''people we may or may not want to record with, but we haven't really decided yet''. It is quite common to see band members join Guns N' Roses, depart Guns N' Roses, never thoroughly aware what their true status in the band was. It is also common to see people sacked, rehired, sacked, and pass forth through differing designations. 

It is all very confusing and uniquely Axl Rose. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Tour drummer'' is such an Axl Rose thing haha. He did this with the Live Era credits also.

I've explained this before but he sees band designations as things in terminal flux, with various stages of ''touring musicians'', ''behind the scenes'' personae and ''people we may or may not want to record with, but we haven't really decided yet''. It is quite common to see band members join Guns N' Roses, depart Guns N' Roses, never thoroughly aware what their true status in the band was. It is also common to see people sacked, rehired, sacked, and pass forth through differing designations. 

That's the way it is. 

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That's the way it is. 

You'd be right (for a change). I have long accepted the fact that Rose has a very eccentric view on band designations. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You'd be right (for a change). I have long accepted the fact that Rose has a very eccentric view on band designations. 

And I got used to the flexibility of GN'R lineups back in the 90s while you just had an epiphany.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And I got used to the flexibility of GN'R lineups back in the 90s while you just had an epiphany.

Not really. I summarized this ages ago, and believe have stated it here before.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I'm still confused by the term "shadow line-up". Could you explain that to me? 

Only W. Axl Rose would seriously contemplate having a figure as inherent to Guns N' Roses as Slash guest on a Guns N' Roses album!

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Only W. Axl Rose would seriously contemplate having a figure as inherent to Guns N' Roses as Slash guest on a Guns N' Roses album!

I would say that Izzy was more important for GN'R than Slash. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Sosso said:

But that doesn't contradict the fact that Rose's proposal was truly bonkers, Rose-inspired lunacy.

How can Slash be a guest on a Guns N' Bloody Roses album? 

Picture this scenario with any other band,

(Paul) ''Hey George, I'd really like you to guest on two songs I have been working on with this new version of The Beatles I have set up. John and Ringo are not there but I will allow you to guest on two Beatles songs. Pop into Abbey Rd on Saturday''.

(Mick) ''Keef, I'd really like you to guest on three songs I have been working on with this new version of the Stones I have set up. Can you come in before Tuesday? It'll have to be before Tuesday as I'm at Lord's from Wednesday''.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But that doesn't contradict the fact that Rose's proposal was truly bonkers, Rose-inspired lunacy.

How can Slash be a guest on a Guns N' Bloody Roses album? 

Picture this scenario with any other band,

(Paul) ''Hey George, I'd really like you to guest on two songs I have been working on with this new version of The Beatles I have set up. John and Ringo are not there but I will allow you to guest on two Beatles songs. Pop into Abbey Rd mon Saturday''.

(Mick) ''Keef, I'd really like you to guest on three songs I have been working on with this new version of the Stones I have set up. Can you come in before Tuesday? It'll have to be before Tuesday as I'm at Lord's from Wednesday''.

Yeah, but we know that communication was rather difficult for Axl and Slash in the late 90's/early 2000's. Those three songs could've improved their relationship. 

34 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Wow Izzy more important than slash? Thats delusional.

What would the appetite album be without slash's contributions to those riffs and solos?

The appetite 5 were all equally important for the first record and it shows whenever they try and hire someone new to fill the boots of a ex member from that period

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't care who is more important. None of the Appetite members can be guests for Guns N' Roses. Having Slash (or Izzy) guest on a Guns album is like somebody guesting at their own party. It is their thing to begin with!!

Thats correct and why would slash even be a guest when his in a partnership with axl and duff as owners? Where did the guesting stem from?

9 minutes ago, vloors said:

Thats correct and why would slash even be a guest when his in a partnership with axl and duff as owners? Where did the guesting stem from?

I don't know? That weird Chinese interview, wasn't it, from a few years ago? 

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't know? That weird Chinese interview, wasn't it, from a few years ago? 

The china exchange thing? I can only remember him mentioning that he had shown stuff already recorded to duff and slash. I might have another listen after the gym.

It would be suicide if they released a album only featuring a couple of slash/duff features and the rest with ashba or bumble. 90 percent of fans want slash and duff or they will be severely disappointed and sales will be half of or even less then a full feature would be with slash/duff.

Axl isnt that stupid and  especially if they plan to support the record with a new tour.  They will need slash/duff to re record on every song not just guesting on one or two.

7 hours ago, Sosso said:

No, I can't. Isn't that a term someone uses for something that occurred in the late 90s? I can't remember the details.

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well, obviously Axl thought a new GN'R record would be better if it featured some of Slash's guitar work, but that having him back as a members again might not have been something Axl (or Slash) wanted. Your rigidity of mind is what causes your confusion.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Sosso said:

It refers to a group of musicians who work on material for a while that is eventually handed over to the main line up to develop further. They are working on material that might eventually become Guns N' Roses songs but they are not members of Guns N' Roses.

It is believed that Axl had a group of such musicians doing exactly this in the background while the remains of the use your illusion lineup worked on their own material in the mid 90s.

Edited by History2010

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

might not have been something Axl (or Slash) wanted.

You speak like him haha.

Edited by DieselDaisy

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You speak like him haha.

Well, just let me know if you are still confused and I will try to help out.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, just let me know if you are still confused and I will try to help out.

I will always be confused by how Rose has ran this band I'm afraid.