Jump to content
RussTCB

Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I will always be confused by how Rose has ran this band I'm afraid. 

Well, I would certainly not say I agree with all strategic decisions of the band, or that they all make much sense to me, but that Axl would want Slash to come back and add guitar leads to new songs after he had quit the band, makes complete sense to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sosso said:

I'm still confused by the term "shadow line-up". Could you explain that to me? 

 

4 hours ago, History2010 said:

It refers to a group of musicians who work on material for a while that is eventually handed over to the main line up to develop further. They are working on material that might eventually become Guns N' Roses songs but they are not members of Guns N' Roses.

 

It is believed that Axl had a group of such musicians doing exactly this in the background while the remains of the use your illusion lineup worked on their own material in the mid 90s.

This.

The shadow band lineup is discussed a bit here, under the Working With Paul heading:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=54729#p54729

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 7:41 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I don't care who is more important. None of the Appetite members can be guests for Guns N' Roses. Having Slash (or Izzy) guest on a Guns album is like somebody guesting at their own party. It is their thing to begin with!!

Izzy and Duff were both referred to as "special guests" when they appeared with GNR. So even if it feels weird, if Slash isn't in GNR and isn't rejoining GNR but will contribute to an album, he could be considered a "guest". Actually it's not bad promotion for him to be singled out like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, that's the same turntable may of us got bundled with our Locked & Loaded Sets. 

We got an even better deal now considering the pricing of the turntable on it's own! 

You got the actual turntable with that set?  I thought it was just a mat.  It's not wireless is it?  Glad to help you feel better about your purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Izzy and Duff were both referred to as "special guests" when they appeared with GNR. So even if it feels weird, if Slash isn't in GNR and isn't rejoining GNR but will contribute to an album, he could be considered a "guest". Actually it's not bad promotion for him to be singled out like that.

Well they werent part of the lineup at the time were they.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, cineater said:

You got the actual turntable with that set?  I thought it was just a mat.  It's not wireless is it?  Glad to help you feel better about your purchase.

Lol, no, it wasn't just a turntable mat it was the entire turntable.

It's basically a Pro-Ject Essential III with the GNR branding on it. They also included the acrylic platter, which is usually a $120 upgrade.

I feel fantastic about my purchase. I got a $1000 boxed set and a $500 turntable for about $500 including tax and shipping :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:


I feel fantastic about my purchase. I got a $1000 boxed set and a $500 turntable for about $500 including tax and shipping :)

Basically you bought the turntable and L&L free :)

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Check out Richard's Instagram... 

I don't think it's going to be anything GNR-related. The guy's constantly uploading studio pics. The guy does session work outside of Guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I don't think it's going to be anything GNR-related. The guy's constantly uploading studio pics. The guy does session work outside of Guns.

yeah it's not gnr related. He mentioned in past interviews he's working on a ton of projects outside of GNR. It oculd be headtronics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Anyone know what he is recording? This does not look like a low budget side project at all. That's a Steinway grand piano. Could it be..? 

Doesn't seem like much. The producer he is with posted a snippet of Fortus' work:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

All signs are pointing to a song in Avengers 2

I was thinking more likely terminator 6 which will be released november 2019.

Theres history in arnie films.

You could be mine on T2

OMG on end of days

????? On terminator 6

November also holds alot of history for gnr releases.

Edited by vloors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vloors said:

I was thinking more likely terminator 6 which will be released november 2019.

Theres history in arnie films.

You could be mine on T2

OMG on end of days

????? On terminator 6

November also holds alot of history for gnr releases.

Im 🤞 for that to be true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Coma16 said:

All signs are pointing to a song in Avengers 2

it's possible but there are no signs. It will be a smart decision imo. like a you could be mine track. wish Izzy was a part of it.

Edited by Rovim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the next Avengers movie comes out way too soon. It's not gonna happen. As for the next Terminator movie, there is actually a tiny chance it could happen, but personally I'm not expecting new music this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×