RussTCB

Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I think the song is great. Parts of the lyrics are childish but that's a minor thing. Overall it is a fantastic song. The song has a great buildup, the interplay of the acoustic and the electric guitar, the vocal delivery, the intensity, and for most part the lyrics. It is a rock song, I don't care if it doesn't always make absolute sense. It is not a novel to be dissected by students in English Literature. 

• Like 2

Yay, so one person is willing to say that the lyrics dont always make sense! 

4 minutes ago, soon said:

Yay, so one person is willing to say that the lyrics dont always make sense! 

I will go one further: a large proportion of pop and rock lyrics don't always make sense :) 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I will go one further: a large proportion of pop and rock lyrics don't always make sense :) 

Yes, and Im certain that they are all being discussed online within their respective fandoms. But this one is a doozy. 

What other GnR tracks barely make sense?

Edited by soon

Posted (edited)

System Of A Down has a song that goes: the most loneliest day of my life, but in the chorus that fits better than ''most lonely'' or just ''loneliest''so they went with the incorrect grammar, but it's no big deal. Lyrics and poetry are often not correct.

1 hour ago, soon said:

What other GnR tracks barely make sense?

Most lyrics by Duff and Izzy.

Edited by EvanG

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

System Of A Down has a song that goes: the most loneliest day of my life, but in the chorus that fits better than ''most lonely'' or just ''loneliest''so they went with the incorrect grammar, but it's no big deal. Lyrics and poetry are often not correct.

I think whats being overlooked is that I invented the nickname Del "The Smell" James in my initial post on this subject. Thats gotta be worth something? :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

I think whats being overlooked is that I invented the nickname Del "The Smell" James in my initial post on this subject. Thats gotta be worth something? :lol:

I thought that was his official nickname that I never knew about.

• Haha 1

On 29.4.2019 at 10:19 PM, Coma16 said:

Without you is the first line of Prostitute

No. He's whispering "I love you", I think... 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, soon said:

Apparently people are comfortable saying: 'OIAM is bigoted but I still like it.'

Apparently, so far, no one is comfortable saying: 'It's a grammatical nightmare to the extent that sometimes it barely makes sense. And is a rhetorical nightmare to the extent that the songs conceit is balanced on Axl connecting entirely unrelated subject matter. But I still like it.' 

I mean, Axl seeks to vindicate himself regarding the bigotry by virtue of being a small town Murican. Why cant one also apply that social location to explain why he is a semi literate slack jawed yokel? (Im a small town white boy, so its okay when I say it! ;))

C'est la vie :shrugs:

It would've been awesome if Axl tried to shoehorn "I'm a semi literate slack jawed yokel just trying to make ends meet".😄

Edited by lame ass security
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

No. He's whispering "I love you", I think... 

That's what most people thought, and then the multitrack was heard.

9 hours ago, Coma16 said:

That's what most people thought, and then the multitrack was heard.

Oh thats really cool. I think Prostitute is about Slash? I wonder exactly how it connects with 'without you' ?

That post about Susan's book show is cool. She seems like a likable person and it's cool that she appreciates and cares for Gn'R-fans.

And I don't exactly know why I care about what strangers do, but it's also cool to see that so many members of the "Gn'R family" were there. I guess they really are all friends, more or less. It's nice.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

One of my favorite performances ever.. Axl nails it.. HE should use that voice a lot more these days

Axl nails just about all the covers he has ever been involved in. Such a versatile voice that he can put his own spin on a song and take it to another level. 

• Like 3

On 5/7/2019 at 7:10 AM, GNRfanMILO said:

So now Del shares “illegal” Guns N’ Roses footage. I wonder if our little friend is going to take this one down too...

Isn't that on a Rolling Stones DVD? Or was it just broadcast?

On 4/30/2019 at 10:59 PM, EvanG said:

This made me laugh because every time I listen to 'So fine' by Duff it strikes me that the lyrics are such rubbish!! 

"It's a story of a man
Who works as hard as he can
Just to be a man who stands on his own
But the book always burns
As the story takes it turn
An leaves a broken man"

I mean seriously, WTF Duff???! Not to mention this part doesn't seem to be related to the other verses at all.:lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, money honey said:

This made me laugh because every time I listen to 'So fine' by Duff it strikes me that the lyrics are such rubbish!! 

"It's a story of a man
Who works as hard as he can
Just to be a man who stands on his own
But the book always burns
As the story takes it turn
An leaves a broken man"

I mean seriously, WTF Duff???! Not to mention this part doesn't seem to be related to the other verses at all.:lol::lol:

I love to listen to the intro of 'So Fine' before I go to bed so I can hear the 'oh's' and 'ah's' before I hit the hey. 

Guns N’ Roses have filed a trademark lawsuit against a brewery that sells a beer called Guns ‘N’ Rosé, The Blast reports and legal documents viewed by Pitchfork confirm.

The band’s lawsuit claims that Canarchy Craft Brewery Collective’s Oskar Blues Brewery attempted to trademark the name but abandoned their trademark application when the band objected. The band say they asked the brewery to stop selling the beer and all affiliated merchandise, but the brewery reportedly stated that they would continue selling Guns ‘N’ Rosé until March 2020. The complaint says that the brewery “should not be entitled to continue to sell infringing products and intentionally trade on the GNR’s goodwill, prestige, and fame without GNR’s approval, license, or consent.”

Guns N’ Roses are suing for trademark infringement and seeking unspecified damages. Pitchfork has reached out to Oskar Blues Brewery.

:axl:

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Gackt said:

:axl:

"GnR's goodwill", they must keep the sanctity of that above all else thus sayeth the lord our God.

Edited by lame ass security

GNR is right, they overstepped the trademark line.  Hope they settle something so it can continue.  I like the look of the design and the pink color.  Of course that all depends on how it tastes.  Might taste like shit.

This can mean only one thing, that Fernando is planning his own range of Guns N' Roses ales.

I bought the Guns N Rosé beer, not bad the prickly pear makes it pretty tart, the hibiscus adds a little sweetness.

I've seen on Instagram another brewery does an Axl Rosé beer, complete with Axl's face right on the can.  haven't been able to track it down yet.I have i 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

This can mean only one thing, that Fernando is planning his own range of Guns N' Roses ales.

well i suppose other bands have done it.