Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Outside of Axl and Slash, DJ is one of the most successful members of the band many members throughout the years.

Being an entrepreneur probably, musically I never heard one said "oh that sixx am record, DJ Ashba is awesome" that's just me though not really digging deep on that band. 

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

I'd say the other way round. If DJ is releasing some new solo stuff, Axl could have guested there. As a thank you. Wouldn't be the first time, would it. And we wouldn't have known about that, the same way we hadn't known about Rock the Rock until it suddenly emerged. 

I didn't think of that.  That's a possibility too. 

I like DJ.  He does all that stuff one is suppose to do for your business.  And he's always positive.  He never shows us all that bad stuff you know he goes through trying to make it in this business.  The guy just keeps trying.  You can't break him, you can't defeat him.  He may not have made it big in this business but he's in there.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cineater said:

I was thinking probably still denying a Glen Campbell song would be played on a GNR stage. :lol:

I don't like that particular song, but I don't have any problem with GNR playing. By congrats, I have nothing against Hogan Ears, but I have no interest in seeing them on a GnR stage. 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I don't like that particular song, but I don't have any problem with GNR playing. By congrats, I have nothing against Hogan Ears, but I have no interest in seeing them on a GnR stage. 

You make of the GNR world what you will.  I'm more DJ like, positive and upbeat.  There's that little bit of Axl though, wrestle that bitch to the ground and keep her there is a problem with some of the shit that happens in this band.  Yeah, you will get an opinion hanging out at the GNR boards, like it or not.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cineater said:

You make of the GNR world what you will.  I'm more DJ like, positive and upbeat.  There's that little bit of Axl though, wrestle that bitch to the ground and keep her there is a problem with some of the shit that happens in this band.  Yeah, you will get an opinion hanging out at the GNR boards, like it or not.

I was just making light hearted jokes. Everyone on Earth is entitled to an opinion, that's not exclusive to GNR boards. 

I'm an extremely upbeat & positive person, but I would never model anything about myself after DJ. He's whole shtick is an act to me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I was just making light hearted jokes. Everyone on Earth is entitled to an opinion, that's not exclusive to GNR boards. 

I'm an extremely upbeat & positive person, but I would never model anything about myself after DJ. He's whole shtick is an act to me. 

You would have to be an extremely upbeat and positive person to be a moderator on this forum.😄

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2019 at 12:05 PM, double talkin jive mfkr said:

DJ is the main reason why my love for GNR was taken to the next level of obsession 

best addition the band has seen mostly due to his fan interaction and technical ability to rehash the GNR songs in a way that really provide a creative outlet to listen to them and appreciate them that much more, i think we really only scratched the surface with DJ, it's really too bad he didn't accept coming back with GNR for NITL. Axl's vision for NITL was on point here by having DJ included in the lineup, very much in tune with what the public wanted, if only he could have brought in Paul Huge as well... oh well live and learn 

https://giphy.com/gifs/eye-roll-court-rock-n-CtfvmbnbJNpD2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

How the heck did fernando get my facebook number?

I put facebook on about once every two months. 

We talked about this a little in the Merchandise thread. A lot of us got that message. I don't follow or "like" GNR on any social media, so I have not one clue why I got it. 

• 2 weeks later...