Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ironic thing about it was Duff took great pride in the writing process for Ozzy's record only taking 4 days and he went on to remark that that's what a rock n' roll band should be like blah blah blah, if you can't get in a room together and make it happen blah blah blah..

Well, that was the perfect cue for Jonesy to ask how that new GN'R record is coming along after all these years.. but no

29 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

The ironic thing about it was Duff took great pride in the writing process for Ozzy's record only taking 4 days and he went on to remark that that's what a rock n' roll band should be like blah blah blah, if you can't get in a room together and make it happen blah blah blah..

Well, that was the perfect cue for Jonesy to ask how that new GN'R record is coming along after all these years.. but no

Guess what Duff said could be perceived as some critique of GnR’s (Axl’s) way of doing things?

11 hours ago, ArthurMorgan said:

Guess what Duff said could be perceived as some critique of GnR’s (Axl’s) way of doing things?

I didn't really see it as a critique of GnR. I think that was mainly more a testament to how good of a drummer/songwriter Chad Smith is and how well they meshed-- In spite of Ozzy's people giving them such a tight deadline.

Obviously no overt mentions of a new album, but my takeaways from the interview re: new material was that Slash & Duff are aware of "dropping" singles before the album is completed (as he mentioned Ozzy did)

Duff wanted to discuss upcoming GnR stuff but wasn't sure of what was announced already.

And Duff did say they were going to begin rehearsing later that day (for Miami)-- Another good sign.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

No way. GnR already have stadiums booked. This has gotta be something else.

He also mentions that it won't be in stadiums. When he says "4 bands" and "amphitheater" it makes me think it'll just be another bunch of 80s hair bands doing the same package tours they always do. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He also mentions that it won't be in stadiums. When he says "4 bands" and "amphitheater" it makes me think it'll just be another bunch of 80s hair bands doing the same package tours they always do. 

Could also be 90s bands that have been struggling lately. Didn’t STP, Bush, and The Cult do a tour like that recently? I know Cult is more 80s than 90s, but you get what I mean.

10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Could also be 90s bands that have been struggling lately. Didn’t STP, Bush, and The Cult do a tour like that recently? I know Cult is more 80s than 90s, but you get what I mean.

Yeah, those have been going on too. I was just going by Trunk saying 80s in his tweet, so I was assuming hair bands.