RussTCB

Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

40 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Dj Ashba just updated on Facebook "Just finished song #22 lots of goods coming your way" and theres a 2014 picture of him with Axl.

Attention whore. That guy. Haha

4 hours ago, estranged_85 said:

Indeed lol

We do know there are musicians that work behind the scenes that are not part of the touring band.  That's an interesting post.  There was another recent picture with him and Richard.  22 wouldn't fit on one album would it?

All speculation on my part.

12 hours ago, Kelmi said:

Dj Ashba just updated on Facebook "Just finished song #22 lots of goods coming your way" and theres a 2014 picture of him with Axl.

Wow, what a desperate move for attention.... 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, what a desperate move for attention.... 

I want to go with personal promotion but it's a possibility he will be on this album.  It's not like they haven't teased us with surprises from the studio before.  Remember that silhouette pic?  My, I'm probably wrong based on what we know, guess was Steven and at the time he was in rehearsals with GNR.  Who would have thought?  I'm thinking we could see guest appearances on some songs from former members or those folks who are not part of the touring band.  I don't think there's been a pic of DJ singing with Axl since he left the band so you wouldn't get an updated one if they are fucking with us.

Just saying, don't rule this out, it's a possibility.  You can have the best argued, thought out, think you discussion and still be wrong.  I wouldn't have went with Steven back then but they did.

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

I want to go with personal promotion but it's a possibility he will be on this album.  It's not like they haven't teased us with surprises from the studio before.  Remember that silhouette pic?  My, I'm probably wrong based on what we know, guess was Steven and at the time he was in rehearsals with GNR.  Who would have thought?  I'm thinking we could see guest appearances on some songs from former members or those folks who are not part of the touring band.  I don't think there's been a pic of DJ singing with Axl since he left the band so you wouldn't get an updated one if they are fucking with us.

Just saying, don't rule this out, it's a possibility.  You can have the best argued, thought out, think you discussion and still be wrong.  I wouldn't have went with Steven back then but they did.

I get what you're saying, but whether or not DJ has anything to do with the next GNR album is beside the point here. 

When DJ says "#22 finished..." or whatever, he's absolutely NOT talking about GNR. He only attached the pic of Axl for attention so people wonder if he's talking about GNR. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, cineater said:

Steven is apart of gnr history (AFD), ashba isnt. I couldnt think of one possible reason ashba will be on the next gnr release. Having ashba in the band was the most cringy decision axl ever made in terms of band lineup.

Edited by Sydney Fan

I'd say the other way round. If DJ is releasing some new solo stuff, Axl could have guested there. As a thank you. Wouldn't be the first time, would it. And we wouldn't have known about that, the same way we hadn't known about Rock the Rock until it suddenly emerged. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I get what you're saying, but whether or not DJ has anything to do with the next GNR album is beside the point here. 

When DJ says "#22 finished..." or whatever, he's absolutely NOT talking about GNR. He only attached the pic of Axl for attention so people wonder if he's talking about GNR. 

That, and he's probably just attaching his highest-profile job.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

I'd say the other way round. If DJ is releasing some new solo stuff, Axl could have guested there. As a thank you. Wouldn't be the first time, would it. And we wouldn't have known about that, the same way we hadn't known about Rock the Rock until it suddenly emerged. 

That's ALOT more likely. 

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

That's ALOT more likely. 

A lot more likely than what? The proven history of DJ begging for attention? 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

A lot more likely than what? The proven history of DJ begging for attention? 

I guess he meant "than DJ being on a new GNR record", as someone suggested. That's nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

29 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I guess he meant "than DJ being on a new GNR record", as someone suggested. That's nonsense. 

Ahhh, my bad. Yes, you're totally right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

What a stupid tool

Outside of Axl and Slash, DJ is one of the most successful members of the band many members throughout the years.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Outside of Axl and Slash, DJ is one of the most successful members of the band many members throughout the years.

Being an entrepreneur probably, musically I never heard one said "oh that sixx am record, DJ Ashba is awesome" that's just me though not really digging deep on that band. 

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

I didn't think of that.  That's a possibility too. 

I like DJ.  He does all that stuff one is suppose to do for your business.  And he's always positive.  He never shows us all that bad stuff you know he goes through trying to make it in this business.  The guy just keeps trying.  You can't break him, you can't defeat him.  He may not have made it big in this business but he's in there.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

DJ will never be on a GnR album. 

That's my favorite thing I've read on the internet today. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

That's my favorite thing I've read on the internet today. 

I was thinking probably still denying a Glen Campbell song would be played on a GNR stage. :lol:

4 minutes ago, cineater said:

I was thinking probably still denying a Glen Campbell song would be played on a GNR stage. :lol:

I don't like that particular song, but I don't have any problem with GNR playing. By congrats, I have nothing against Hogan Ears, but I have no interest in seeing them on a GnR stage. 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I don't like that particular song, but I don't have any problem with GNR playing. By congrats, I have nothing against Hogan Ears, but I have no interest in seeing them on a GnR stage. 

You make of the GNR world what you will.  I'm more DJ like, positive and upbeat.  There's that little bit of Axl though, wrestle that bitch to the ground and keep her there is a problem with some of the shit that happens in this band.  Yeah, you will get an opinion hanging out at the GNR boards, like it or not.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cineater said:

You make of the GNR world what you will.  I'm more DJ like, positive and upbeat.  There's that little bit of Axl though, wrestle that bitch to the ground and keep her there is a problem with some of the shit that happens in this band.  Yeah, you will get an opinion hanging out at the GNR boards, like it or not.

I was just making light hearted jokes. Everyone on Earth is entitled to an opinion, that's not exclusive to GNR boards. 

I'm an extremely upbeat & positive person, but I would never model anything about myself after DJ. He's whole shtick is an act to me. 

• Like 2