Jump to content
RussTCB

Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, ArthurMorgan said:

That's the ugliest piece of clothing I've seen in a while:lol:

Made me smile. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Did anybody hear the interview?

Margott has recorded and it's on her facebook account

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Just watched... no GNR new music questions or info

Gag order

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ironic thing about it was Duff took great pride in the writing process for Ozzy's record only taking 4 days and he went on to remark that that's what a rock n' roll band should be like blah blah blah, if you can't get in a room together and make it happen blah blah blah..

Well, that was the perfect cue for Jonesy to ask how that new GN'R record is coming along after all these years.. but no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

The ironic thing about it was Duff took great pride in the writing process for Ozzy's record only taking 4 days and he went on to remark that that's what a rock n' roll band should be like blah blah blah, if you can't get in a room together and make it happen blah blah blah..

Well, that was the perfect cue for Jonesy to ask how that new GN'R record is coming along after all these years.. but no

Guess what Duff said could be perceived as some critique of GnR’s (Axl’s) way of doing things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ArthurMorgan said:

Guess what Duff said could be perceived as some critique of GnR’s (Axl’s) way of doing things?

I didn't really see it as a critique of GnR. I think that was mainly more a testament to how good of a drummer/songwriter Chad Smith is and how well they meshed-- In spite of Ozzy's people giving them such a tight deadline.

Obviously no overt mentions of a new album, but my takeaways from the interview re: new material was that Slash & Duff are aware of "dropping" singles before the album is completed (as he mentioned Ozzy did)

Duff wanted to discuss upcoming GnR stuff but wasn't sure of what was announced already.

And Duff did say they were going to begin rehearsing later that day (for Miami)-- Another good sign.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow if my uncle lived in Vegas I would think that was him. lol

Cool! did this fan just meet Slash or did he pay VIP prices?

I have a friend who is meeting the Crue and she paid over $1000 to meet them. Crazy. It's not like the bands need this money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you’re expecting questions related to new music, don’t even bother watching this. SJ and Duff are close friends for decades and he asked about when Duff moved to LA, he didn’t know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, itsprettytiedup said:

Could it be GN'R?

 

 

No way. GnR already have stadiums booked. This has gotta be something else.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

No way. GnR already have stadiums booked. This has gotta be something else.

He also mentions that it won't be in stadiums. When he says "4 bands" and "amphitheater" it makes me think it'll just be another bunch of 80s hair bands doing the same package tours they always do. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He also mentions that it won't be in stadiums. When he says "4 bands" and "amphitheater" it makes me think it'll just be another bunch of 80s hair bands doing the same package tours they always do. 

Could also be 90s bands that have been struggling lately. Didn’t STP, Bush, and The Cult do a tour like that recently? I know Cult is more 80s than 90s, but you get what I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Could also be 90s bands that have been struggling lately. Didn’t STP, Bush, and The Cult do a tour like that recently? I know Cult is more 80s than 90s, but you get what I mean.

Yeah, those have been going on too. I was just going by Trunk saying 80s in his tweet, so I was assuming hair bands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RussTCB said:

Yeah, those have been going on too. I was just going by Trunk saying 80s in his tweet, so I was assuming hair bands. 

Oh, I missed that part of his tweet, so yeah then it’s not STP or Bush again lol. Maybe Cult, tho.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Cinderella, W.A.S.P., Winger, and Dokken?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ferma said:

This four band thing is the Motley, Poison, Def Lep and Joan Jett tour.

I think you misunderstood. Eddie Trunk is saying that he heard on the inside that there are four OTHER 80s bands planning to do a tour of their own that’s SEPARATE from the Motley, Poison, Leppard, and Joan Jett thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Could also be 90s bands that have been struggling lately. Didn’t STP, Bush, and The Cult do a tour like that recently? I know Cult is more 80s than 90s, but you get what I mean.

Except he said 80s bands lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Amir said:

Maybe Cinderella, W.A.S.P., Winger, and Dokken?

Saw all of those bands back in the day, except W.A.S.P. and I can't believe I just admitted that in a public forum.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m pretty sure Ratt (only Pearcy and Croucier original members left) will be one. They are in the studio now and talking about a 2020 tour TBA soon, so they seem likely to me. No way this has anything to do with GnR.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Saw all of those bands back in the day, except W.A.S.P. and I can't believe I just admitted that in a public forum.

Haha, the only one I've seen is W.A.S.P. in Glasgow in 2009, and it was a great show! Been meaning to see them again since but I've always been out of town.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

No way. GnR already have stadiums booked. This has gotta be something else.

I think he means SKID ROW , Cinderella , Warrant and Winger. I ve read an article about it but they wrote stadiums not theatres.. P.S. I hate the word "hair band"... Skid Row is a hardrock band - period 🤟

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×