Jump to content
RussTCB

Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, EricA said:

That's the same guy, who was the first and only one, spreading the news that Sorum's book was canceled.

Makes me wonder if he's somehow in touch, or friends, with Sorum? If so, i'm a bit afraid of his untold story:lol:

A while ago he mentioned was going to interview Gilby for this magazine. I guess it's this interview and a story told by Gilby.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 20-6-2020 at 6:22 PM, DurhamGirl said:

What is this dislike of DJ Ashba (sp)?

His playing was sloppy at best, couldn't bend even if his life depended on it. And even tho he seems like a very friendly guy, he annoyed everyone to death with his Ashbaswag merchandise and by acting like a giant poser.

Little did we know that the entire GN'R brand would move in the same direction :lol:

Edited by UcudBmine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

His playing was sloppy at best, couldn't bend even if his life depended on it. And even tho he seems like a very friendly guy, he annoyed everyone to death with his Ashbaswag merchandise and by acting like a giant poser.

Little did we know that the entire GN'R brand would move in the same direction :lol:

His bends are fucking shitty. I wonder what Fortus and Bumblefoot thinks of him when they were still touring together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

His bends are fucking shitty. I wonder what Fortus and Bumblefoot thinks of him when they were still touring together. 

One thing I was thinking about, the guy was a monster on business. He's like one of these soccer players who can't score a goal to save his life and still go and sign a top team. You gotta give him that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ashba merch and water was pretty ridiculous.  Like Ashba was a brand and a guitar hero / legend. But to fair, only.the GnR community was noticing that. The hate for Ashba was definately over the top. He is actually a better guitarist than Fortus and BBF. And He is not an arrogant arse. But is he big enough to sell overpriced water with his own name? No.

And...He should call himself just ASHBA. The DJ is still so irritating to me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Creed said:

He is actually a better guitarist than Fortus and BBF

What??? 

You may prefer him over 4tus and BBF but that doesn't make him better than these two... It's a fact that 4tus and BBF both are better from a technical standpoint, as is Slash, Bucket, Finck, nearly everyone, maybe apart from Paul Tobias 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who wants some #Ashba #Budz?

This guy would put his name on anything to sell it. Maybe he should become a real rockstar and start selling underground #Ashba #Heroin.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

People who are fans of this guy must be mentally retarded

Hey! Shut your dirty mouth, he’s better than the ‘old one’ ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason, the Brazilian trending topics on Twitter right now is a hashtag #AxlRosePorFavorMeComa - Axl Rose Please Fuck Me. 

Is this real life?

EcB5kHgWoAEHe-l?format=png&name=small

  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Who wants some #Ashba #Budz?

This guy would put his name on anything to sell it. Maybe he should become a real rockstar and start selling underground #Ashba #Heroin.

He's rolling out a weed brand under the guise of his media company? Cant wait for those CNN #Budz :lol:

14 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

For some reason, the Brazilian trending topics on Twitter right now is a hashtag #AxlRosePorFavorMeComa - Axl Rose Please Fuck Me. 

Is this real life?

EcB5kHgWoAEHe-l?format=png&name=small

"I kinda like it in a Coma..." :lol:

Nah, but thats so random! How is that trending? Weird.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2020 at 9:46 PM, Live Like a Suicide said:

Who wants some #Ashba #Budz?

This guy would put his name on anything to sell it. Maybe he should become a real rockstar and start selling underground #Ashba #Heroin.

I don't actually believe that any of his businesses actually exist or do anything. I mean all we see is him talking about them like they're some great things but we don't see any actual product or whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't actually believe that any of his businesses actually exist or do anything. I mean all we see is him talking about them like they're some great things but we don't see any actual product or whatever.

I just checked out Ashba Water, and you can request a one time delivery or a subscription. At least they donate a portion of the income to charity, i guess...

https://www.ashbawater.com

Edit: A bottle of Ashba Water costs $1.99:

https://www.ashbawater.com/new-products/ashba-water-1

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I just checked out Ashba Water, and you can request a one time delivery or a subscription. At least they donate a portion of the income to charity, i guess...

https://www.ashbawater.com

Edit: A bottle of Ashba Water costs $1.99:

https://www.ashbawater.com/new-products/ashba-water-1

What about his other businesses? Honestly most of the stuff he talks about never comes to fruition (like that solo album he was supposedly working on).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

What about his other businesses? Honestly most of the stuff he talks about never comes to fruition (like that solo album he was supposedly working on).

I don't know too much about his other stuff. All i ever heard about was Ashba Swag and Ashba Water. Wouldn't surprise me if half his business ideas never take off. I'm surprised Ashba Water still exists (i wouldn't expect him to make much turnover).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Wouldn't surprise me if half his business ideas never take off.

That's my guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember Ashba talking about how Sixx made a real impression on him with this piece of financial wisdom - to set out a bunch of buckets and see which catches water (or something to that effect).

He strikes me as the type of "creative" who is just as thrilled by the process of entrepreneurialism as they are by writing and recording rock n roll. Generally speaking these types can be found talking extra loud to someone on the phone in the middle of an otherwise reasonably quiet cafe at 3pm. Always talking about their next venture. And never taking about the last one. Mostly its just playtime for trust fund kids, but hey if they end up creating a job or two along the way, its certainly not the worst way to spend ones time. 

Ashba has been admirably open about his struggles with bullying. Both in his school days, and as a member of Guns. And while he absolutely should be bullied for his time in Guns :lol:, its also cool for someone with that lived experience to be their own boss. To live and work on their own terms. So good on him.

All this being said, selling water is an ethically dubious proposition. Its almost as bad as selling that water in single use plastic bottles. So also, fuck him :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meegan posted a picture of Slash with a bandana.

He should keep wearing some kind of cap instead :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not using instagram, but I'm curious... Could someone ask Meegan if she still enjoys watching Slash jerking off?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Drexl said:

I'm not using instagram, but I'm curious... Could someone ask Meegan if she still enjoys watching Slash jerking off?

Well its probably no more perverse than the bondage whipping setup that perla tried to sell as part of their divorce. I wonder if anyone bought it?. 

 

On 05/07/2020 at 8:10 AM, soon said:

I remember Ashba talking about how Sixx made a real impression on him with this piece of financial wisdom - to set out a bunch of buckets and see which catches water (or something to that effect).

He strikes me as the type of "creative" who is just as thrilled by the process of entrepreneurialism as they are by writing and recording rock n roll. Generally speaking these types can be found talking extra loud to someone on the phone in the middle of an otherwise reasonably quiet cafe at 3pm. Always talking about their next venture. And never taking about the last one. Mostly its just playtime for trust fund kids, but hey if they end up creating a job or two along the way, its certainly not the worst way to spend ones time. 

Ashba has been admirably open about his struggles with bullying. Both in his school days, and as a member of Guns. And while he absolutely should be bullied for his time in Guns :lol:, its also cool for someone with that lived experience to be their own boss. To live and work on their own terms. So good on him.

All this being said, selling water is an ethically dubious proposition. Its almost as bad as selling that water in single use plastic bottles. So also, fuck him :lol:

Well if ashbas business ventures and music doent work out he could approach tom zautat to sell cars at a hyundai dealership. DJ joining GNR took either balls or stupidity im not sure which one.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Drexl said:

I'm not using instagram, but I'm curious... Could someone ask Meegan if she still enjoys watching Slash jerking off?

Oh God every now and then I wonder about that :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 04/07/2020 at 6:52 PM, MaskingApathy said:

What about his other businesses? Honestly most of the stuff he talks about never comes to fruition (like that solo album he was supposedly working on).

That solo lp he has released a snippit off it maybe a month ago

*Update its on his website https://www.djashba.com/home

 

Edited by vloors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×