RussTCB

Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 hours ago, RooSaa said:

no :( Axl should concentrate on GNR and planning new material with them not AC/DC .... :(

Agree. But I desperately want at least one album from this collaboration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starlight said:

I don't know why you'd want an AC DC album over a GNR one, aren't we supposed to be GNR fans?

I support Axl Rose like many others here but I am more interested in GNR as a whole band opposed to Axl solo career

Who said over GN'R?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I think most fans just want an album with Axl's vocals on it!

I think most Guns N Roses fans want a Guns N Roses album with Axls vocals on it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I think most Guns N Roses fans want a Guns N Roses album with Axls vocals on it.

Of course Who else gonna be GN'R Vocalist on the album if not Axl? :lol:

Edited by SerenityScorp

2 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Of course Who else gonna be GN'R Vocalist on the album if not Axl? :lol:

that wasn't the point....I've tried to be fairly non-opinionated on this issue, but people who think Guns N Roses is a great band bc of Axl (and then whoever else happens to be around) should realize by now that isn't the case. 

In all honesty while the re-grouping is great, there's a lot of people in these parts who only know the true brilliance of GnR based on YouTube clips of the late 80's/early 90's.   

If you're an Axl Rose fan only, good for you, I have no issue with that.  But a lot of people are Guns N Roses fans first and foremost.  I think I speak for most of "us" in that there's no problem with Axl singing and even recording with AC/DC, but give us a god damn GnR record, that's what we probably all here really want.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

that wasn't the point....I've tried to be fairly non-opinionated on this issue, but people who think Guns N Roses is a great band bc of Axl (and then whoever else happens to be around) should realize by now that isn't the case. 

In all honesty while the re-grouping is great, there's a lot of people in these parts who only know the true brilliance of GnR based on YouTube clips of the late 80's/early 90's.   

If you're an Axl Rose fan only, good for you, I have no issue with that.  But a lot of people are Guns N Roses fans first and foremost.  I think I speak for most of "us" in that there's no problem with Axl singing and even recording with AC/DC, but give us a god damn GnR record, that's what we probably all here really want.

With Slash N' Duff in the Band maybe We will get it soon 

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I don't like GN'R because of Axl.

It was the combination of 5 great musicians that made me a fan. Axl would probably be after both Slash and Duff if I made a list of members that to me makes GN'R so special.

I'm first and foremost a fan of the 85-93 era all though I do like both CD and Slash's solo stuff (I really enjoyed Loaded with Duff too!). 

Would I prefer a GN'R album to an Axl/DC one? Of course I would!

Would I like and Axl/DC album? Hell yeah!

Does having one of these rule out the other? No.

Do I and most GN'R fans want to hear an album with Axl's newly recorded vocals? I would think so.

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I think most fans just want an album with Axl's vocals on it!

ok so they are more of Axl fans than GNR fans like I said before

• Like 1

If Angus releases another album under the name AC/DC, it should be called Chinese Democracy.

I'd love to hear an album of Angus and Axl together but AC/DC? Without Malcolm, Cliff, Phil Rudd and Bon/Brian there ain't no AC/DC to me. Be cool, release it as Young Rose and everybody will be happy. ;)

38 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

If Angus releases another album under the name AC/DC, it should be called Chinese Democracy.

I'd love to hear an album of Angus and Axl together but AC/DC? Without Malcolm, Cliff, Phil Rudd and Bon/Brian there ain't no AC/DC to me. Be cool, release it as Young Rose and everybody will be happy. ;)

Dont think an other name than ACDC is going to happen, its his entire legacy and he probably sees it as just another evolution of the band just like with Back In Black. Maybe the new album should be called Back In Red? Yeah ill show myself the door

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Or you know, make grandpa Angus retire already and let Axl focus solely on Gn'R.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Or you know, make grandpa Angus retire already and let Axl focus solely on Gn'R.

So much this!

11 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Have you even seen Angus performing recently?  He is playing awesome and has more energy on stage than men half his age. No reason to retire. 

1 hour ago, Mooch14 said:

Have you even seen Angus performing recently?  He is playing awesome and has more energy on stage than men half his age. No reason to retire. 

Other than the fact that his entire band is gone, not just his singer, and he's basically in a NuAC/DC situation. If he wants to continue he should just go solo and maybe play the biggest AC/DC hits with his new band, sort of like Slash. And even if he doesn't let the band go, don't record damnit! We want Axl with Guns!

• Like 2

In China Exchange Axl said:

1. that he would like to release a new GnR album and that it would be great if Slash wanted to write something with him or play on something.

2. that he and Angus were talking of working together.

I don't think that anything has changed since then regarding his intentions.

Edited by Blackstar

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

In China Exchange Axl said:

1. that he would like to release a new GnR album and that it would be great if Slash wanted to write something with him or play on something.

2. that he and Angus were talking of working together.

I don't think that anything has changed since then regarding his intentions.

Agreed! I don't see ANY reason to believe Axl feels any differently than he did at China Exchange. As of right now, we really don't know what's going to happen.

As far as AC/DC goes, I don't foresee Angus putting that to rest yet. He still got a lot to give. If Axl does in fact proceed with the band (if that's what Angus wants), I'll love ve and support it for sure! But like I said before, I want him to be able to put Guns first and not forget what his main priority should be.

• Like 2

Angus isnt going to retire like the others. He still loves getting out there and performing  and ever since axl joined seems even more rejuvenated.

This what i see happening.

1. Band continues on with acdc with a new lineup replacing people that leave or retire.

2. Angus axl and dave grohl (who are hanging out alot these days) get together and form a new band. 

Not sure who would be bassist maybe Jason Newstead or John Paul Jones lol heres hoping. Rhythm no idea.

3. Angus joins Guns N Roses as 3rd guitarist or a rhythm replacing richard 

Edited by vloors