Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been wearing it since the 90s. Onstage, one really does often need it because the lights can wash out someone's face, especially if they have a light complexion. Offstage, hey, why the hell not? There's nothing on the eyeliner pencil or mascara bottle that says it's only for women. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

Well, facial expressions might be a better word. But those facial expressions help to convey different emotions. I guess I don't know how to put my thoughts in to words, but rockstars wearing make up isn't really that different than other entertainers (actors, clowns etc.) doing so. Using make up to spice up your performance on stage is a pretty basic trick.

Plus wearing make up when you're a guy has also that rebel-element (for the lack of a better word). In our society it's not common for men to use make up. In Asia 3000 BC or in the Roman times it was more common for men to wear some kind of make up to signify their status in society. These days rockstars do it. And, as a guy myself, I think it's cool. And not just for rockstars. For ordinary people too.

How in the hell do I have this much to say about guyliner?! :D

I guess you are wearing make up right now :)

1 hour ago, jekylhyde said:

Well, facial expressions might be a better word. But those facial expressions help to convey different emotions. I guess I don't know how to put my thoughts in to words, but rockstars wearing make up isn't really that different than other entertainers (actors, clowns etc.) doing so. Using make up to spice up your performance on stage is a pretty basic trick.

Plus wearing make up when you're a guy has also that rebel-element (for the lack of a better word). In our society it's not common for men to use make up. In Asia 3000 BC or in the Roman times it was more common for men to wear some kind of make up to signify their status in society. These days rockstars do it. And, as a guy myself, I think it's cool. And not just for rockstars. For ordinary people too.

Don't worry, mate, we all talk about ridiculous shit here :lol: And you're totally right. I would never wear eyeliner myself (would look ridiculous on me and I don't see the point), but if someone's into that and they can pull it off, more power to them I say. Men all throughout history and all over the globe have used that stuff.

I remember reading that even the vikings used kohl to paint their eyes. And you can't get much more badass and manly than a viking lol. So I really don't care if Axl uses guyliner or not. I think it's a bit baffling that he seems to be using it so much these days, but it's the least of the guy's problems lol.

@stella I never realized he was wearing eyeliner in these interviews. I still don't see it, but maybe that's just because I don't know much about this stuff. If anything at all, I think he's maybe got that black stuff on his lashes that women apply with these little brushes, because his lashes kinda look too black and too noticable for a ginger guy. That's different from the raccoon look he's sporting nowadays though.

11 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I would say he wears some foundation also...

Lol yeah I remember there was a picture in the womens' thread some time ago where it looked like his entire face was covered in make up. Eyeliner, foundation, the cheek stuff...

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

What will Axl do next? make smokey eyes? 

He's gonna start posting make up tutorials on Youtube. He probably watches these already anyway...

Edited by Frey

6 hours ago, Frey said:

Don't worry, mate, we all talk about ridiculous shit here :lol: And you're totally right. I would never wear eyeliner myself (would look ridiculous on me and I don't see the point), but if someone's into that and they can pull it off, more power to them I say. Men all throughout history and all over the globe have used that stuff.

I remember reading that even the vikings used kohl to paint their eyes. And you can't get much more badass and manly than a viking lol. So I really don't care if Axl uses guyliner or not. I think it's a bit baffling that he seems to be using it so much these days, but it's the least of the guy's problems lol.

@stella I never realized he was wearing eyeliner in these interviews. I still don't see it, but maybe that's just because I don't know much about this stuff. If anything at all, I think he's maybe got that black stuff on his lashes that women apply with these little brushes, because his lashes kinda look too black and too noticable for a ginger guy. That's different from the raccoon look he's sporting nowadays though.

He has some light eyeliner and mascara on in both of those. A lot of redheads have eyelashes that are so light they can't even be seen, so it would make sense that he would want to do something to make them show up a little more. 

I think it's pretty clear Axl does mascara just so he can re-enact that scene from Silence of The Lambs. He's naked in front of the mirror, putting on that mascara, uttering "would you fuck me? I'd fuck me... I'd fuck me so hard", then he proceeds to put his junk between his legs and does the crucifixion pose. This is obvious.

• Like 1

On 21.08.2016 at 0:54 PM, jekylhyde said:

tumblr_nl4mhllkjX1rh92u2o4_400.gif

• Like 1