Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, tsinindy said:

damn, like button is gone, but hahaha!

Go to bottom left corner of this page -click  Theme -

change the theme from MyGNRforum (default) to Default. 

You get the like button back (and some new reaction buttons)   And a white background...

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Go to bottom left corner of this page -click  Theme -

change the theme from MyGNRforum (default) to Default. 

You get the like button back (and some new reaction buttons)   And a white background...

Just done it, it's going to take some getting use to, it's bloody bright. 😎

16 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Someone on blabbermouth.net stated that in January of 2018 Slash and Duff's contracts with GNR would be up.

This article said Slash would go on to play with Myles again and Duff and Axl would record/play with AC/DC.

Anyone heard anything about this?

I not know, but have the impression what this sites read the forums

32 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Someone on blabbermouth.net stated that in January of 2018 Slash and Duff's contracts with GNR would be up.

This article said Slash would go on to play with Myles again and Duff and Axl would record/play with AC/DC.

yes.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yea supposedly Axl's tour with AC/DC kicks off early 2018, new GNR blu ray/ CD early 2018, and after a break GNR may renegotiate on something in the future. 

I guess we will find out...just not this year 

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

@IncitingChaos all that info is a rumor? Duff in AC/DC? wow! The hardcore fans of the band will be very angry! and now Brian Johnson singing great again will be worst! Tour with new album? Axl on vocals?....so many questions! 

A lot to find out. I think Duff joining is bogus. But Axl's return is imminent.  

Angus Brian relationship is fried. Brian can't do the 2 and half hour shows like Axl anymore and Angus wants to do shows every few days on a full tour knowing this is about it for him too. 

He wants another album and Axl is going to be the voice for it.

i think we will know by the end of the year. If an Axl AC/DC blu ray gets released then the writing is on the wall  

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I looked for the blabbermouth article but couldn't find it. Was it recent? Do you have a link? Or @IncitingChaos?

It's all rumor. Take it how you want. It's not something they want discussed here Bc there's no facts supporting it but as far as a future for these guys go I think it's just about connecting the dots

Axl- loves AC/DC thing, the gnr thing confuses him. I don't think he trust the current situation but that's to be expected. Everything seems too good for him 

Slash- wants to create and tour. He will work with Myles again and make new music on that end. He's not going to push Axl towards working together on new music..if it happens it happens

Duff- great family, young kids, just glad that his buds are talking and he can go home and rest easy 

but yea, no facts. Maybe some insider got information out and maybe he didn't. We all know things can change on a dime with gnr and so right now it's all talk. 

I enjoy the conversation, it's cool to speculate on these things when Axl could release music with AC/DC first, and could be an actual member. We are getting a blu ray for gnr so that's cool!  But either way none of these guys are retiring we will get to enjoy them in some form as we roll on.

the blockage of this topic on this forum seems out of line. But maybe our mods know more than we do 

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

It's all rumor. Take it how you want. It's not something they want discussed here Bc there's no facts supporting it but as far as a future for these guys go I think it's just about connecting the dots

Axl- loves AC/DC thing, the gnr thing confuses him. I don't think he trust the current situation but that's to be expected. Everything seems too good for him 

Slash- wants to create and tour. He will work with Myles again and make new music on that end. He's not going to push Axl towards working together on new music..if it happens it happens

Duff- great family, young kids, just glad that his buds are talking and he can go home and rest easy 

but yea, no facts. Maybe some insider got information out and maybe he didn't. We all know things can change on a dime with gnr and so right now it's all talk. 

I enjoy the conversation, it's cool to speculate on these things when Axl could release music with AC/DC first, and could be an actual member. We are getting a blu ray for gnr so that's cool!  But either way none of these guys are retiring we will get to enjoy them in some form as we roll on.

the blockage of this topic on this forum seems out of line. But maybe our mods know more than we do 

Slashs former photographer for SMKC said a while ago on facebook (then deleted it) that SMKC has studio time booked for December 2017. I also do believe they will finally record that album which was ready to be recorded in spring 2016 already but was postponed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Slashs former photographer for SMKC said a while ago on facebook (then deleted it) that SMKC has studio time booked for December 2017. I also do believe they will finally record that album which was ready to be recorded in spring 2016 already but was postponed.

Yea I remember Myles discussing this but said that the reunion was going too well so they postponed. 

If Slash starts talking to media/press after December then a lot of these rumors will start fulfilling themselves. 

I just don't see how Slash doesn't return to Myles next year. It seems logical if Axl goes to AC/DC 

I know we all have this pipe dream that the tour will end and Axl and Slash will hit the studio to start work on UYI3 but reality is the gnr situation remains as complicated as it was in 94 or 96. 

Maybe they are trying to rewrite history and do what they should have done after the Illusions tour finished...go solo, work on solo projects, get all that negative emotion out. Then when and if the time is right return to work on a new album together. No reason to force something. 

Our dream of this band sadly doesn't mirror reality 

20 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Blu Ray?

I've been out the game for a week or two, what have I missed?! Or are you meaning the upcoming Rio gig that will be streamed/broadcast?

The rumour in regards to AXL/DC (I think @Gibbo mentioned it) has been about a tour in the end of 2018. It makes sense, because the fall is a period when bands play in South America, and AC/DC'S ROB tour didn't go there. The recording of an AC/DC album in January is a new one and I don't know where it comes from; if it's from certain "insiders", I don't trust it.

37 minutes ago, Dean said:

Blu Ray?

I've been out the game for a week or two, what have I missed?! Or are you meaning the upcoming Rio gig that will be streamed/broadcast?

No, Dodger Stadium was filmed last year. It will pop up in 2018 as a release. 

28 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I didn't know there is a blockage here about this.

About the blu-Ray is a rumor too? because I haven't see anything about it.

Oh well. We will know soon enough.

The last discussion in regards to the future of the band got shut down in less than a hour...didn't even get moved to Jungle section just completely removed 

49 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Yea I remember Myles discussing this but said that the reunion was going too well so they postponed. 

If Slash starts talking to media/press after December then a lot of these rumors will start fulfilling themselves. 

I just don't see how Slash doesn't return to Myles next year. It seems logical if Axl goes to AC/DC 

I know we all have this pipe dream that the tour will end and Axl and Slash will hit the studio to start work on UYI3 but reality is the gnr situation remains as complicated as it was in 94 or 96. 

Maybe they are trying to rewrite history and do what they should have done after the Illusions tour finished...go solo, work on solo projects, get all that negative emotion out. Then when and if the time is right return to work on a new album together. No reason to force something. 

Our dream of this band sadly doesn't mirror reality 

Maybe GNR will be the type of band to just do a big tour, then lay it down for a couple years to build up the demand again, and tour again. And have their seperate projects in the meantime. I hope not, but whatever, I won't complain about a SMKC or AxlDC album, I just want anything new. World On Fire was damn good, and maybe Slash will ask Axl to do a guest vocal on one song for his album now that they're friends, why not? And Axl working with Angus will result in Axl singing real rock again instead of whatever CD was.

If this lineup indeed expires and was only for a tour, then there is a good side to it: there is a chance they'll write with Izzy and sort all that crap out. Not to keen on a new album with the current Guns. Whatever happens, I can't wait until the media ban is lifted and they start talking. Poor Slash is in no better position than before, instead of annoying Axl questions he'll get annoying AFD5 wheres Izzy and Steven questions!