Jump to content
RussTCB

Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Recommended Posts

Blackstar    3,226

The rumour in regards to AXL/DC (I think @Gibbo mentioned it) has been about a tour in the end of 2018. It makes sense, because the fall is a period when bands play in South America, and AC/DC'S ROB tour didn't go there. The recording of an AC/DC album in January is a new one and I don't know where it comes from; if it's from certain "insiders", I don't trust it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IncitingChaos    4,354
37 minutes ago, Dean said:

Blu Ray?

I've been out the game for a week or two, what have I missed?! Or are you meaning the upcoming Rio gig that will be streamed/broadcast?

No, Dodger Stadium was filmed last year. It will pop up in 2018 as a release. 

28 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I didn't know there is a blockage here about this.

About the blu-Ray is a rumor too? because I haven't see anything about it.

Oh well. We will know soon enough.

 

The last discussion in regards to the future of the band got shut down in less than a hour...didn't even get moved to Jungle section just completely removed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Yea I remember Myles discussing this but said that the reunion was going too well so they postponed. 

If Slash starts talking to media/press after December then a lot of these rumors will start fulfilling themselves. 

I just don't see how Slash doesn't return to Myles next year. It seems logical if Axl goes to AC/DC 

I know we all have this pipe dream that the tour will end and Axl and Slash will hit the studio to start work on UYI3 but reality is the gnr situation remains as complicated as it was in 94 or 96. 

Maybe they are trying to rewrite history and do what they should have done after the Illusions tour finished...go solo, work on solo projects, get all that negative emotion out. Then when and if the time is right return to work on a new album together. No reason to force something. 

Our dream of this band sadly doesn't mirror reality 

Maybe GNR will be the type of band to just do a big tour, then lay it down for a couple years to build up the demand again, and tour again. And have their seperate projects in the meantime. I hope not, but whatever, I won't complain about a SMKC or AxlDC album, I just want anything new. World On Fire was damn good, and maybe Slash will ask Axl to do a guest vocal on one song for his album now that they're friends, why not? And Axl working with Angus will result in Axl singing real rock again instead of whatever CD was.

If this lineup indeed expires and was only for a tour, then there is a good side to it: there is a chance they'll write with Izzy and sort all that crap out. Not to keen on a new album with the current Guns. Whatever happens, I can't wait until the media ban is lifted and they start talking. Poor Slash is in no better position than before, instead of annoying Axl questions he'll get annoying AFD5 wheres Izzy and Steven questions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ludurigan    1,189
1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Maybe GNR will be the type of band to just do a big tour, then lay it down for a couple years to build up the demand again, and tour again

 

i was under the impression that axl's band had already crossed the "maybe they will be that type of band" line a long time ago

since that's exactly what axl's been doing even before the guns n aliens tour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ludurigan said:

i was under the impression that axl's band had already crossed the "maybe they will be that type of band" line a long time ago

since that's exactly what axl's been doing even before the guns n aliens tour

 That's exactly what Axl did.  But now he has to have Slash and Duff be on board with that. Slash didn't want to become a nostalgia act and said that a lot and I believe he will stick to that. Need to wait and see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ludurigan    1,189
Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

 That's exactly what Axl did.  But now he has to have Slash and Duff be on board with that. Slash didn't want to become a nostalgia act and said that a lot and I believe he will stick to that. Need to wait and see

slash also wanted to do a reunion "with the five guys" and "for the right reasons" but the other day he tweeted about this horrendous guns n aliens tour describing it as a "reunion" tour

so i suppose it's fair to say that slash doesnt care a lot about what slash says!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ludurigan    1,189
2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I can't wait until the media ban is lifted and they start talking. Poor Slash is in no better position than before, instead of annoying Axl questions he'll get annoying AFD5 wheres Izzy and Steven questions!

your thoughts got me thinking!

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/219078-is-there-a-media-ban-whats-the-scope-of-it-will-it-ever-be-lifted-or-is-it-for-life/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

slash also wanted to do a reunion "with the five guys" and "for the right reasons" but the other day he tweeted about this horrendous guns n aliens tour describing it as a "reunion" tour

so i suppose it's fair to say that slash doesnt care a lot about what slash says!

And maybe he still wants to do it that way. Would certainly be another reason to do another big (and good selling) tour. So maybe it's all part of the masterplan. But how he called this "the GNR reunion" was pretty lame

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ludurigan    1,189
4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

And maybe he still wants to do it that way. Would certainly be another reason to do another big (and good selling) tour. So maybe it's all part of the masterplan. But how he called this "the GNR reunion" was pretty lame

lets see what future brings...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tsinindy    2,638
On 9/3/2017 at 2:52 PM, Fourteenbeers said:

Go to bottom left corner of this page -click  Theme -

change the theme from MyGNRforum (default) to Default. 

You get the like button back (and some new reaction buttons)   And a white background...

Super!  Thank you!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom-Ass    3,758
11 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Damn, the white default theme sux!

Terrible. I heard that the like feature will be restored soon without having to change themes. Lets hope that is the case.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ratam    839
2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Terrible. I heard that the like feature will be restored soon without having to change themes. Lets hope that is the case.

I keep loyal my forum in black 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KURT19    491
On 9/3/2017 at 4:57 PM, Archtop said:

Just done it, it's going to take some getting use to, it's bloody bright. 😎

AHHHHHHH MY EYES!  Good God...

Wish I hadn't done that and it was so bloody bright that it took me 7 minutes to see well enough to change the theme back! :shades:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Archtop    1,134
22 hours ago, KURT19 said:

AHHHHHHH MY EYES!  Good God...

Wish I hadn't done that and it was so bloody bright that it took me 7 minutes to see well enough to change the theme back! :shades:

I turned down the brightness on my IPad, then sat through last episode of Narco's wondering why the filming was so badly lit :facepalm:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blake Sabbath    972

Definitely lookin' every bit the rock star there. Gotta love the bandana backwards cap sig look from Axl, can't fault that ever!

Really hope he stays in shape ahead of the next leg of shows and really smashes it out in SA!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
janrichmond    3,094
1 hour ago, charliehoodger said:

Sorry for being THAT guy but I just popped into this thread for the first time in a while - are the rumors of a blu ray release legit or what?

Rumours from a Guns troll site :shrugs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×