Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I'd actually be happy if Axl was to release an album with DJ (or Bucket, or Robin, or Tommy, or anyone who isn't Pitman or Frank Ferrer) and the fact that Slash is back in GNR is irrelevant because it could be songs they had been working on before he came back. I rather have Axl and DJ recording and releasing songs they wrote together than have Slash playing those songs re-recording DJ's parts. THAT would be ridiculous. (Of course this material should NEVER be played by GNR.)

If there's gonna be new GNR music, it should be created by Axl, Slash and Duff (with some help from the current employees here and there). In the meantime, I wouldn't mind an Axl solo record featuring DJ or a DJ solo record featuring Axl. I wanna hear more music from Axl.

Btw, DJ Ashba was working on a solo album like a decade ago but he ended up leaving it in the vault Axl style. This is for you, Ashba fans:

He's apparently singing on this :P

I am completely ignorant on all things Ashba except the few cringy videos I've seen (and the hilarious water) so I've always been neutral about him.  If he wrote this song though, it's terrible.  Did he write this?  I don't want someone who writes songs like this collaborating with Axl.  Maybe Axl is just going to sing on his album? 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This. 

I'll be absolutely shocked if DJ has anything to do with GNR music ever again 

It won’t be Guns music however, this is something to do with Axl’s solo projects: as @Sosso mentioned it has the same “WAR” as Axl Rose trademarked.

Im not a supporter of it either, I hate DJ Ashba as a guitar player but I’m not blind to what’s happening. If he captioned the photo with anything else besides WAR at the end I wouldn’t blink twice. Even if it was all lowercase I wouldn’t think of it. But the way Ashba wrote WAR in all caps says something.

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Axl: We are working on new stuff. But, I don't know. Like I said a long time ago, "I don't know if soons the word" but I got a lot of stuff together and I've played some stuff for Slash and Duff and they like it and they might be on it, we don't know. [We talked about..] Angus and I are talking about working together. So we will see.

(China Exchange, 06/07/2016)

This quote is so twisted from what he really said

Imo what these DJ Ashba posts could be about AT MOST is that he is starting something on his own and Axl may do vocals on a couple of songs because he wants to help him or as some sort of "compensation", ie. something similar to what he had done with Gilby.

Of he's just fucking with the band and the fans. What I find strange is that he didn't post anything about being to the Vegas show, although he was there; but his wife did, saying how boring GnR were :lol: It makes me think that maybe he has had a fallout with Axl.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Imo what these DJ Ashba posts could be about AT MOST is that he is starting something on his own and Axl may do vocals on a couple of songs because he wants to help him or as some sort of "compensation", ie. something similar to what he had done with Gilby.

Of he's just fucking with the band and the fans. What I find strange is that he didn't post anything about being to the Vegas show, although he was there; but his wife did, saying how boring GnR were :lol: It makes me think that maybe he has had a fallout with Axl.

Either a solo album or a new band project is what I'm thinking aswell. An Axl solo album is so far out there I don't think that's at all possible even. But of course you never know..and Axl put some thought into how to get rid of all this unreleased material he has written by all the guitarists that have come and gone. I sure don't want Slash to wank over some Bumblefoot or Ashba riffs.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Of he's just fucking with the band and the fans. What I find strange is that he didn't post anything about being to the Vegas show, although he was there; but his wife did, saying how boring GnR were :lol:It makes me think that maybe he has had a fallout with Axl.

Could be. 

From a recent Tommy Stinson interview:

And then DJ (Ashba) quit…when DJ made it official he was “quitting Guns N’ Roses” or whatever. I think that was pretty, “Okay, well, guess we’ll move on from this chapter and get back with the old guys.” I mean, seems to me there might have been some other weird stuff going on in there that I wasn’t party to, but I’m glad they did it. I think it was important that they did. They’re having a ball and fucking killing it. I’ve seen 2 shows, they’re great. They’re all really happy and it seems to be drama free.

HRH: I’m envious, I haven’t made it to any of the reunion shows yet. You mentioned DJ quitting…was that an unusual situation to be in. Were you privy to that at all at the time or did you find out with the rest of us?

TS: (laughs) You know, he called me up on the phone and told me that he was gonna quit, you know, and this that and the other thing. I just kinda got to thinking … it was funny that he made such a big deal about it because there wasn’t really anything going on. He seemed like it was kind of inevitable that there was going to be a reunion happening, so I think he…I don’t know if he (laughs) tried to get in front of the curve to, you know, drum up some extra fucking press for himself. I don’t really know what the deal was, but I thought it odd. I thought it an odd time to make a big stink about quitting, you know?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, RONIN said:

TS: (laughs) You know, he called me up on the phone and told me that he was gonna quit, you know, and this that and the other thing. I just kinda got to thinking … it was funny that he made such a big deal about it because there wasn’t really anything going on. He seemed like it was kind of inevitable that there was going to be a reunion happening, so I think he…I don’t know if he (laughs) tried to get in front of the curve to, you know, drum up some extra fucking press for himself. I don’t really know what the deal was, but I thought it odd. I thought it an odd time to make a big stink about quitting, you know?

What a bunch of nonsense. Tommy is full of shit - always has been. What the fuck is he talking about here? 

He himself said that he was gonna leave GNR, whether the reunion plans were coming to fruition or not... So he jumps on Dj, saying he made a big deal about reunion being inevitable. It WAS! Dj himself said that Axl had reunion in mind - and wanted  Dj a part of it. It's not like Axl came to the idea of a reunion after all of them left (Tommy, Bumble, Dj)...

A lot was going on at that time apparently...

I don't get why would him and Axl have a fallout - Dj clearly stated that he doesn't want to accompany Slash on the stage in case of reunion. Makes sense, doesn't it? And...? More money for Axl and more public credibility. So Dj did him a favor - by not adhering to his stupid proposition...

---

I'm just asking for some common sense. I fail to see how you can believe what Tommy has to say and on top of all of that - share his sentiments??? 

I just ...

2 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

What a bunch of nonsense. Tommy is full of shit - always has been. What the fuck is he talking about here? 

He himself said that he was gonna leave GNR, whether the reunion plans were coming to fruition or not... So he jumps on Dj, saying he made a big deal about reunion being inevitable. It WAS! Dj himself said that Axl had reunion in mind - and wanted  Dj a part of it. It's not like Axl came to the idea of a reunion after all of them left (Tommy, Bumble, Dj)...

A lot was going on at that time apparently...

I don't get why would him and Axl have a fallout - Dj clearly stated that he doesn't want to accompany Slash on the stage in case of reunion. Makes sense, doesn't it? And...? More money for Axl and more public credibility. So Dj did him a favor - by not adhering to his stupid proposition...

---

I'm just asking for some common sense. I fail to see how you can believe what Tommy has to say and on top of all of that - share his sentiments??? 

I just ...

I just put up a quote from Tommy mate. I don't know enough about that whole situation to have an informed opinion.

What I will say, as Blackstar has mentioned, is how weird the comments from his wife about GnR are. Why publicly slam the band that your husband was in for the last 5 years? Seems pretty ungrateful and salty for her to do that - it seems indicative of some kind of fallout between Ashba and Axl - otherwise, why do that? Especially given the rave reviews the reunion shows have gotten. She clearly has some kind of axe to grind. 

Also, if Ashba is telling the truth and Axl really wanted to have him be a third guitarist in GnR alongside Slash, then once again, he is insane. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RONIN said:

What I will say, as Blackstar has mentioned, is how weird the comments from his wife about GnR are. Why publicly slam the band that your husband was in for the last 5 years? Seems pretty ungrateful and salty for her to do that - it seems indicative of some kind of fallout between Ashba and Axl - otherwise, why do that? Especially given the rave reviews the reunion shows have gotten. She clearly has some kind of axe to grind. 

What about her knowing more than all of us here, like knowing that Axl is bringing the nuGNR back after this lineup finishes the world tour and they are all gone? :shrugs:

After all, Slash got his plans for next year and so does Duff.

I've always had the feeling that reunion was a burden to Axl and something that he had to cross off his "things I dont want to do but have to" list.

He's never said one fucking word about this lineup being definite and permanent. When asked about new music he was like "I have written lots of shit. If Slash and Duff like it they will be part of it" and if they don't? :question:

That sounded like a one-sided thing in my opinion. GN'R is his band now. He decides who plays in it and who doesn't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

If there is any truth to this, then Axl is insane.

Sorry to tell you but if there's no truth about this, Axl is still insane, always have been :P

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I am completely ignorant on all things Ashba except the few cringy videos I've seen (and the hilarious water) so I've always been neutral about him.  If he wrote this song though, it's terrible.  Did he write this?  I don't want someone who writes songs like this collaborating with Axl.  Maybe Axl is just going to sing on his album? 

Yeah, he totally wrote it :lol: To be fair, though, he's written a lot of stuff and that ain't exactly the best. He wrote some Motley Crue songs (I know one of them was nominated for a grammy but I couldn't care any less, I despise Vince Neil so much that I'd never force myself to listen to it), plus songs in his bands like Sixx AM or Beautiful Creatures. IMO he did a decent job with BC, certainly better than his Ashba stuff.

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What about her knowing more than all of us here, like knowing that Axl is bringing the nuGNR back after this lineup finishes the world tour and they are all gone? :shrugs:

I've always had the feeling that reunion was a burden to Axl and something that he had to cross off his "things I dont want to do but have to" list.

He's never said one fucking word about this lineup being definite and permanent. When asked about new music he was like "I have written lots of shit. If Slash and Duff like it they will be part of it" and if they don't? :question:

That sounded like a one-sided thing in my opinion. GN'R is his band now. He decides who plays in it and who doesn't.

Are you talking about the China Exchange?  What he says is, "I've got a lot of stuff together and I've played some stuff for Slash and Duff and they like it, and they might be on it, we don't know..."  So that doesn't sound to me like Axl is calling the shots in that particular scenario.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Spot on @Blackstar

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It's definitely a possibility, and knowing Axl, he's certainly capable of taking a decision like that. :facepalm:

But after these reunion shows, it would be career suicide for him to move on without Slash. It's unthinkable really. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Yeah, he totally wrote it :lol: To be fair, though, he's written a lot of stuff and that ain't exactly the best. He wrote some Motley Crue songs (I know one of them was nominated for a grammy but I couldn't care any less, I despise Vince Neil so much that I'd never force myself to listen to it), plus songs in his bands like Sixx AM or Beautiful Creatures. IMO he did a decent job with BC, certainly better than his Ashba stuff.

Thanks for the info.  ^^  I er...hmm...how to put this nicely...I still don't rate him.  Guess I've moved from neutral to slightly negative. :lol: 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Are you talking about the China Exchange?  What he says is, "I've got a lot of stuff together and I've played some stuff for Slash and Duff and they like it, and they might be on it, we don't know..."  So that doesn't sound to me like Axl is calling the shots in that particular scenario.  

:lol: if you think Axl doesnt "call the shots" in this band then you've been watching a different movie.

He also said this during that conference:

"I just… I do want to put out more music with Guns n' Roses and I don't know if that has to do with Slash or not but underneath Guns n' Roses thing (?) and if he and I write something or if he wants to play on something we have it's like that'd be great."

Axl seems to see Slash as a separate musician who could possibly collaborate with him in a Guns N' Roses album or music but not someone who belongs and is exclusive to the band. And thats exactly what's happening right now. Slash has an album to make with SMKC. GN'R music is not a priority to him right now.

14 minutes ago, RONIN said:

It's definitely a possibility, and knowing Axl, he's certainly capable of taking a decision like that. :facepalm:

But after these reunion shows, it would be career suicide for him to move on without Slash. It's unthinkable really. 

I know but he moved on without Slash one time before :ph34r:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

If that was the case (highly unlikely), it wouldn't make sense for her to talk like that about the band in public, since the band includes Axl. She also implied that they weren't given good seats, that they were far from the stage etc.

50 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I just put up a quote from Tommy mate. I don't know enough about that whole situation to have an informed opinion.

There is also this post by @KiraMPD in the WT:

-------

One of Ashba's recent IG posts is a picture of him in a shirt that says "Suck it!" and another is titled "heading to the ATM". Maybe Axl owes him money too?

I can't believe I' sitting here analyzing DJ Ashba's and his wife's posts :facepalm::lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Raykugen said:

If Meegan talks so much with the fans about what Slash is doing, why don't anybody ask her when is GnR is releasing new music?

If someone does ask (and someone probably already has), she'll either give a vague answer like Fortus does when the topic of new music comes up or she won't respond at all. She probably isn't allowed to give away what the band is or isn't doing.

22 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thanks for the info.  ^^  I er...hmm...how to put this nicely...I still don't rate him.  Guess I've moved from neutral to slightly negative. :lol: 

Poor guy, everyday he's a bit more hated than the day before :lol:

6 minutes ago, Raykugen said:

If Meegan talks so much with the fans about what Slash is doing, why don't anybody ask her when is GnR is releasing new music?

Do you really think they don't ask her? She either has no answer for that or she's not allowed to share. Or both.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If that was the case (highly unlikely), it wouldn't make sense for her to talk like that about the band in public, since the band includes Axl. She also implied that they weren't given good seats, that they were far from the stage etc.

I took it as she was dissing the Slash and Duff, because her husband is better than them :lol:

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

One of Ashba's recent IG posts is a picture of him in a shirt that says "Suck it!" and another is titled "heading to the ATM". Maybe Axl owes him money too?

I can't believe I' sitting here analyzing DJ Ashba's and his wife's posts :facepalm::lol:

If they are in bad terms than the WAR mention means "legal battle" and that he is going to sue Axl for the money they owe him? :question:

It doesn't make sense in any way either that if they are in bad terms they were given seats for a show and THEY WENT TO IT?

All of this shit is cray...