Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, skassi said:

Not sure what I need to explain. You said 2017 was bad and I said I totally disagree. I saw and heard some bad (I'll give you that) but I also saw and heard plenty of good and even some great.

You say he shouldn't be recording as though he's broken and/or implying that his voice is a lost cause. If you expect 80s Axl I'm afraid you're just not going to get it. Shredding his vocal chords so that we can get our "rasp" fix at the expense of his health is just something I've moved on from years ago. I appreciate his clean voice just as much nowadays and I appreciate how long this tour has been and how many hours he puts in every night. I appreciate the fact that he had been sick during much of this last leg and yet he still put out 100% every night and then some on the last one. Four f'n hours. I was there and there was barely a hiccup. Dude rocks. So yes, I disagree. ❤✌

If you compare 2017 to 2016, it definitely was bad... I mean, if you can't tell that he sounded much worse this year than last year (specially in the 2016 NA run), then we're in a problem. Yes, he got better in the last shows, he gave his 110% and we got longer setlists, but he was better in 2016. Those are facts. 2016 My Michelle vs 2017 My Michelle, or Rocket Queen, or Nightrain, or WTTJ, every single song sounded worse this year than last year. The only good thing were the Chinese songs and the long setlists (that also were this last months but not all the year). This year his voice was in 2011-2014 levels, because the last shows don't save a whole year. Axl sang BAD in 2017, and got better in the last shows.

2016 voice was miles ahead and that's a fact. Go and check the same songs from one year to another...

42 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

If you compare 2017 to 2016, it definitely was bad... I mean, if you can't tell that he sounded much worse this year than last year (specially in the 2016 NA run), then we're in a problem. Yes, he got better in the last shows, he gave his 110% and we got longer setlists, but he was better in 2016. Those are facts. 2016 My Michelle vs 2017 My Michelle, or Rocket Queen, or Nightrain, or WTTJ, every single song sounded worse this year than last year. The only good thing were the Chinese songs and the long setlists (that also were this last months but not all the year). This year his voice was in 2011-2014 levels, because the last shows don't save a whole year. Axl sang BAD in 2017, and got better in the last shows.

2016 voice was miles ahead and that's a fact. Go and check the same songs from one year to another...

I didn't say anything about 2016. Yes he was better but that's a matter of opinion, it can't be fact 😉. Still, better in 2016 doesn't make 2017 all bad and that's what I disagreed with. 

I'm not concerned about Axl's voice. You're comparing the beginning of the tour to the end and nobody knew how long this tour was going to last. If they have plans to record I would expect him to air on the side of caution. IMO, he's still capable of getting to where we'd ideally like to hear him get to. 

• GNFNR 3

On 12. 12. 2017. at 12:03 AM, Sydney Fan said:

Axl needs to do something about that hair. Hes starting to look like doc from back to the future.

If he just had a car...maybe we could have a rerun of UYI Tour and forget about the Melissa/Frank/Fortus and last 25 years embarassment...Izzy back, Matt, Gilby...Axl please buy Doc's car

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:12 AM, vloors said:

Yes Geffen was bought out by interscope and jimmy iovine helped push through chinese. 

I dont think GNR have a contract for a major record label anymore for a new album . 

then I would like to know why interscope records name appears everytime I get emails from the GNRMERCH site. Sounds like Interscope maybe still involved with the band on a touring/merch related level but not on a recording contractual level.

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Can you imagine how much money one of us would piss away as head of the label? :lol:

If the track record of Chinese Democracy being the highest amount of money ever spent on an album over a 11+ year wait doesn’t say something, I don’t know what else would :P

26 minutes ago, Lio said:

Which Conspirator sings OTGM? Forgive me if I'm being silly, but could he just sing all the songs? I liked his voice better than Myles's.

20 minutes ago, Ratam said:

@Lionot sure, but i think is Tod Kerns.

Yes that's Todd he also did WTTJ  with Slash

and You're Crazy

Edited by EricA
  • Thanks 2

My guess is Meegan is correct, and that Myles just said that not to draw attention away from his solo album in the interview, which was the sole reason he went to trunk, to promote that. Poor guy goes on a promo run and all he gets asked about is Slash. Just smart thinking, he was not aware of Meegans tweets who already said what's going on. Since he thought no one knew, might aswell capitalize on that. That would be pretty logical then.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown