Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ratam said:

@Tom-Assi mean that is great strategy for Steven part put Slash son ,this maybe make talk more of his gig .

Cool, I know I am going if he plays around here.  Dunno if it is the same lineup as the last Adler's Appetite I saw a couple times probably 10 years ago but I am sure it will be good either way.  See one of the AFD5 play all those classics in a small place, with good musicians, with a bunch of Guns fans for short money. Can't go wrong with that.  I'll finally get to see "Think About You" live!!!  It would be bad ass if they played the whole "live" side of LIES too. 

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I don't like Miles's voice, so it wouldn't bother me at all.

Andrew Stockdale!!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Cool, I know I am going if he plays around here.  Dunno if it is the same lineup as the last Adler's Appetite I saw a couple times probably 10 years ago but I am sure it will be good either way.  See one of the AFD5 play all those classics in a small place, with good musicians, with a bunch of Guns fans for short money. Can't go wrong with that.  I'll finally get to see "Think About You" live!!!  It would be bad ass if they played the whole "live" side of LIES too. 

Andrew Stockdale!!!

@Tom-Ass,and plus you can see Slash son with his band, and maybe you meet very:slash:, good plan to you ,enjoy!!👍

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tremolo said:

Because it’s most likely more than she (or anyone posting here) will ever acomplish musically.

I know the guy looks like a douche, but despite his fuck ups as a guitarist in gnr he was always cool to the fans.

For some reason everyone loves to hate on him... I don’t get it.

Because most fans really disliked him. He didn't really win us over. Didn't feel genuine at all.

But I also think the continuous mocking of him is a bit childish. Hope he doesn't read the forum. No matter how you look you should never be subjected to ridicule and belittling. It takes all kinds.

• Like 1

Dj comes off a little bit fake-ish or poser-y, but all in all he did an ok job when he was with Gn'R. Towards the end of his tenure he started to get a bit sloppy, but I don't see why hating him is so cool on this forum. He ain't no Slash or Robin Finck (who I think is a true artist, outside of Gn'R), but what he does with his solo stuff ain't that bad. At least half of Sixx AM is actually enjoyable.  I think he is ok.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tremolo said:

That doesn’t really justify al the hate he gets. It’s almost as if the guy broke the band or something... 

I'm notorious for my dislike of DJ and even I've let it go by now. I wasn't expecting his hints to mean that he was going to have anything to do with GN'R in the future but I'm glad it's confirmed now. That's all I took away from his post. No need to shit on him as far as I'm concerned.

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

He brings it on himself though, doesn't he? He's cringe as fuck(not my opinion, objective fact.), not talented yet a poser and goes out of his way to associate himself with GNR like with his recent social media...why are you so surprised people occasionally make remarks? Harden up lol.

Besides I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about him with genuine "I carry hate in my heart on a daily basis because of this douchebag guitar player." level of vitriol. It's usually just taking the piss out of him.

agree, he is fuckin poser, do you remember what he was doing on the WttJ intro? All those gusture? Fuck, really hate that idiot

• Like 2

I’ll be the first one to eat crow pie over the whole Ashba thing and I primarily blame myself for spreading the whole “he’s going to work with Axl” rumblings we saw on the forum. 

That being said I think there’s no real point to hate on him anymore. As for his time with the band I look back on it differently now and think that while he sucked, he did try to be good in the band and anyone of us wouldn’t blink twice to play in a band called “Guns n’ Roses”

Hes a footnote in Guns history. Keeping complaining about him is as useful as ranting about how bad the weather in September 2015 was. It happened, move on.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, tremolo said:

Not talented? Dude, he might not be the most influential artist of his generation, but saying he doesn’t have a talent is pretty dumb. And no, the fact that you think so doesn’t make it an objective fact.

I don’t need to harden up, it’s not me people are talking about. I was just wondering why he gets so much hate. It all seems very puerile.

Well, I think everybody can agree that he knows how to play guitar. But he is in my opinion a poor guitar player with cringeworthy mannerisms. He's like the "monster energy drink" of rock n' roll, I've never heard or seen him do anything that didn't make me feel uncomfortable. 

With that said, I agree with you that you Can't have a objective view of someones talent. It's all subjective.

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

He brings it on himself though, doesn't he? He's cringe as fuck(not just my opinion, objective fact.), not talented yet a poser and goes out of his way to associate himself with GNR like with his recent social media...why are you so surprised people occasionally make remarks? Harden up lol.

Besides I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about him with genuine "I carry hate in my heart on a daily basis because of this douchebag guitar player." level of vitriol. It's usually just taking the piss out of him. :shrugs:

Damn right, thank you!