Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Don't hold your breath LOL

I mean, considering this is from the same guy who allegedly had so many fantastic ideas for the AFD 30th anniversary... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Theres some talk about an AFD remaster, but as we all know nothing official by now. 

5 minutes ago, default_ said:

Theres some talk about an AFD remaster, but as we all know nothing official by now. 

Yawn. AFD sounds fine and remastering today sucks for the most part.

Maybe if it comes with some unreleased material or pro-shot shows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -W.A.R- said:

Maybe if it comes with some unreleased material or pro-shot shows.

Thats what I hope for actually, some demos and outtakes. Depending on whos remastering it might actually be a good thing and if not, the original isnt going anywhere anyway. Id love a collectors edition AFD reissue. 

8 minutes ago, default_ said:

I really dont want a remaster, but if they do I hope its by the original mastering engineer Barry Diament.  And if its a remix & remaster that Steve Thompson and Michael Barbiero need to be the mix engineers.  And just as they would've done originally, they need to consult with Clink too.  And dont use modern tech!! One of the cool things about AFD at the time of its release is that it didnt use as much modern production as other LA rock.  Would hate for it to all of a sudden embrace the gloss.  And dont muck with the bit of gated reverb on the snare - yes its dated but the album is perfect as is!

Fernando was probably just talking about having time to cash his cheques and put his feet up for a bit during the break.  Or he was excited to hang out in studio with Axl/DC.