Melissa, Dizzy on Keyboard

What are you guys thinking  about melissa and Dizzy on Keyboard? 

I like it way more that way, than before with pitman. Melissas backing vocals  are very nice and she is bringing  new  energy  to the band, I like it that way with Dizzy and melissa :)

• Like 2

The only love for females I have in GN'R was Tracey and Roberta. I don't really see the rationale behind letting Pitman go, but my god, did we get to see how much of a bitch he was when he was let go with the whole "FU moneygrab tour" comment. I don't see the need for a second keyboard in the first place, they're making it just fine with 2 guitarists instead of 3, so I think they could live with just Dizzy. It's not like we're going to be hearing CD stuff that requires two keyboards anyway.

In regards to Melissa, the sentiment of most concert goers when I was at the Houston show was "who's that bitch?" She just looks out of place with a bunch of 50 year old rockers. Plus she's easily forgettable, which is probably a good thing: I don't even remember if Axl introduced her at the show, and I'm speaking from both physically being there and re-watching the show on film; I even googled her a couple days ago, and I had already forgotten her name until this thread came along.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Were you the guy on that GNR International Forum FB page who was missing Pitman and wanted him back? 

I think he's just getting at the fact you are criticizing his musicianship without having heard his music. That said, the guy is a complete tool and I dont care for his music or his contributions to GNR (never liked Madagascar) so I'm not even gonna bother to check it out, and I am not going to criticize his abilities as a musician for that reason.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think he's just getting at the fact you are criticizing his musicianship without having heard his music. That said, the guy is a complete tool and I dont care for his music or his contributions to GNR (never liked Madagascar) so I'm not even gonna bother to check it out, and I am not going to criticize his abilities as a musician for that reason.

Well I did love the Towel solo? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yesterdays-Civil-War said:

She just looks out of place with a bunch of 50 year old rockers. Plus she's easily forgettable

Pretty much.. She still looks absolutely ridiculous on that stage dancing like a boob while pretending to play along to Guns N' Roses music. I was able to tune her out pretty easily at the shows but she sticks out like sore thumb in a lot of the videos.. Her backing vocals might add to a couple songs but there are others that she need not sing on.. The position should just be eliminated...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Yesterdays-Civil-War said:

In regards to Melissa, the sentiment of most concert goers when I was at the Houston show was "who's that bitch?" She just looks out of place with a bunch of 50 year old rockers. Plus she's easily forgettable, which is probably a good thing: I don't even remember if Axl introduced her at the show, and I'm speaking from both physically being there and re-watching the show on film; I even googled her a couple days ago, and I had already forgotten her name until this thread came along.

Maybe they are jelous or envy her for being there because GNR is a legendary band. I see a lot of hate toward her (specially on periscopes), I don`t think she deserves that. I read on social media that she is nice with people and very thankful for being in the band.

Also, she is not a teenager. for what said other poster here, she is in the mid. 30s.

In my opinion she is talented and a complete artist: not only is multi instrumentalist, she also sings and helps in the programming department.

The most important thing is that if the guys (Axl, Slash and Duff) hired her to the band, is their decision.

7 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Pitman is a great musician. I miss him.

You should check out bother Lusk and Sextapes.

I've only hear bits of Melissa's music and wasn't hugely impressed. I remain open minded to new information. 

It`s a little unfair the comparison between Reese and Pitman in the background department, he is almost 20 years older.

I don't like keyboards in rock music at all. Even the illusion era, the keys always seemed tacked on an pointless. Axl can play piano so there's just no reason for either of them to be there. Having said that, it doesn't bother me. When I was at my show, I barely noticed either of them and didn't feel like they were loud enough to fuck anything up anyway.

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

my eyes are on the blue smurfette dancing like she's at a rave. How can anyone not like her?

Oh, I don't know... maybe cause raving and classic rock go together about as well as a hemorrhoid and a sheet of sand paper? lol

• Like 1

I don't mind Dizzy that much. AFD 5 with Dizzy is really cool to me. 

We need him in Estranged and 14 years. 

I really don't get the use of 2nd keyboard players. The Guns N' Roses I knew, it was never needed. 

She just stands, shakes her ass, does some back vocals.