The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

26 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Or i could just stick it down the khazi for all the chance Brook has of beating GGG.

Brooks 6-1 I think i will add it in with Celtic and United to win. Just a tenner though don't mind losing that just to get myself into it.

He's gonna get fucked though isn't he? Just the ones that graze are gonna hurt and the ones Kell lands that would finish fighters at 145 are not going to have the same impact which has to be demoralising 

19 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Brooks 6-1 I think i will add it in with Celtic and United to win. Just a tenner though don't mind losing that just to get myself into it.

He's gonna get fucked though isn't he? Just the ones that graze are gonna hurt and the ones Kell lands that would finish fighters at 145 are not going to have the same impact which has to be demoralising 

Listen, the blokes fuckin' 30 years old and he's not fought a live body except Porter who he fought to win the title and he won that by the skin of his teeth.  They're tryna draw parrallels between him and GGG and suggest that people bottled it from him but thats bollocks, they didn't wanna pay Brandon Rios good money to come fight in England, he's been ignoring Errol Spence (a future star in this kids opinion) and his calls to fight him and has been sniffin' around Amir Khans chinny arse for fuckin' years now trying to get a big domestic dust up thinkin' that he can flatten him...cut to a few years later and he's 30 years old, 12 years as a pro and ain't fought no one, his careers slippin' away, so he sees Amir jump up two weight classes to fight Canelo, sees his oppertunity when Eubank pisses around in the negotiations and loses the GGG fight, jumps in thinkin' right, I'll have a bit of that and if i win I'm the fuckin' bollocks and if i lose I'm 4 mil to the good, thats life changing money really innit?  I don't think he'll win.  And to be honest I'm not sure i want him too and i always support the home town boy but i dont respect a man thats made a career taking the piss out of the sport i love, it's people like him that have historically given British fighters a bad name, saying they are protected, this that and the other.  They're making this big fuss about 'oh he was killing himself to make welterweight all these years, and to their credit he does look healthier at 160 but do me a fuckin' favour is he gonna beat GGG.  All this bollocks about 'oh if i beat GGG it's the biggest thing a british fighter has ever done!'...what, better than Lennox Lewis being the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world?  'I'm gonna be like Sugar Ray Robinson', Robinson fought 202 fights in his career, he dominated from featherweight and nearly got to win the fuckin' light heavyweight title, having won all the other titles in between, back when there was only 8 weight divisions.  They're just chatting shit, it's the Eddie Hearn gravy train but it's gonna come screeching to a fuckin' halt when GGG clumps him.  we're talkin' about a bloke that drops heavyweights in sparring, and he's gonna have a rough time with Kell Brook?  Yeah, course he is.

The only reason GGG ain't the biggest name since sliced fuckin' bread is cuz he ain't a yank and he don't speak English very well otherwise he'd be doing ads for fuckin' Pepsi right now.  The guys undefeated as a professional and the most avoided fighter i can fuckin' remember in my lifetime, so give Kell credit for that and also, this is boxing, a good shot or a good game plan can change the tide somewhat but at the same time there are very few fairytales in this sport, there are very few Furys that beat Klitschkos or Ali's that beat Listons, this game will bring you hurtling right down to earth in a second, this ain't Rocky, weight divisions are there for a reason, as Amir Khan found out to his peril and as I believe Kell will too.  I don't think it'll be quite the same case of Good-Nytol with Kell that it was with Amir but i just can't see how he can win.  I've seen GGG throw a punch at the same time as Curtis Stevens, get caught first, flush on the chin...and still follow through the punch he'd thrown and flatten the cunt, that is fuckin' something.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Listen, the blokes fuckin' 30 years old and he's not fought a live body except Porter who he fought to win the title and he won that by the skin of his teeth.  They're tryna draw parrallels between him and GGG and suggest that people bottled it from him but thats bollocks, they didn't wanna pay Brandon Rios good money to come fight in England, he's been ignoring Errol Spence (a future star in this kids opinion) and his calls to fight him and has been sniffin' around Amir Khans chinny arse for fuckin' years now trying to get a big domestic dust up thinkin' that he can flatten him...cut to a few years later and he's 30 years old, 12 years as a pro and ain't fought no one, his careers slippin' away, so he sees Amir jump up two weight classes to fight Canelo, sees his oppertunity when Eubank pisses around in the negotiations and loses the GGG fight, jumps in thinkin' right, I'll have a bit of that and if i win I'm the fuckin' bollocks and if i lose I'm 4 mil to the good, thats life changing money really innit?  I don't think he'll win.  And to be honest I'm not sure i want him too and i always support the home town boy but i dont respect a man thats made a career taking the piss out of the sport i love, it's people like him that have historically given British fighters a bad name, saying they are protected, this that and the other.  They're making this big fuss about 'oh he was killing himself to make welterweight all these years, and to their credit he does look healthier at 160 but do me a fuckin' favour is he gonna beat GGG.  All this bollocks about 'oh if i beat GGG it's the biggest thing a british fighter has ever done!'...what, better than Lennox Lewis being the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world?  'I'm gonna be like Sugar Ray Robinson', Robinson fought 202 fights in his career, he dominated from featherweight and nearly got to win the fuckin' light heavyweight title, having won all the other titles in between, back when there was only 8 weight divisions.  They're just chatting shit, it's the Eddie Hearn gravy train but it's gonna come screeching to a fuckin' halt when GGG clumps him.  we're talkin' about a bloke that drops heavyweights in sparring, and he's gonna have a rough time with Kell Brook?  Yeah, course he is.

The only reason GGG ain't the biggest name since sliced fuckin' bread is cuz he ain't a yank and he don't speak English very well otherwise he'd be doing ads for fuckin' Pepsi right now.  The guys undefeated as a professional and the most avoided fighter i can fuckin' remember in my lifetime, so give Kell credit for that and also, this is boxing, a good shot or a good game plan can change the tide somewhat but at the same time there are very few fairytales in this sport, there are very few Furys that beat Klitschkos or Ali's that beat Listons, this game will bring you hurtling right down to earth in a second, this ain't Rocky, weight divisions are there for a reason, as Amir Khan found out to his peril and as I believe Kell will too.  I don't think it'll be quite the same case of Good-Nytol with Kell that it was with Amir but i just can't see how he can win.  I've seen GGG throw a punch at the same time as Curtis Stevens, get caught first, flush on the chin...and still follow through the punch he'd thrown and flatten the cunt, that is fuckin' something.

A fiver it is then :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

5-1 Celtic v Rangers. There will be some battles in Glasgow tonight!

Wonder if poor Graeme was at that match?

Nah, thankfully I was oot at the dancing last night, I didn't get to my bed until 8am, so I slept through the whole thing and dreamt we held them to a narrow 1-0 victory. 

I would never go to Celtic Park anyway.

Absolute disgrace of a result though.

4 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Nah, thankfully I was oot at the dancing last night, I didn't get to my bed until 8am, so I slept through the whole thing and dreamt we held them to a narrow 1-0 victory. 

I would never go to Celtic Park anyway.

Absolute disgrace of a result though.

0fc43038d38f9dd6f07639a6d35159db.jpg

?