The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Why you prefer Chelsea over Spurs? You consider Tottenham a bigger threat to the title or because of rivalry between Arsenal and Tottenham?

I've never had a problem with Chelsea, even when they are the biggest threat to the title.  Anyway, threat insinuates we got a chance of winning :lol:  But yeah, I just dont see reason for an issue with Chelsea.  I dont really dislike any teams, except United and Tottenham.

• Like 1

On 13/06/2017 at 5:37 AM, spunko12345 said:

The Australian football team really is nicknamed the Soccerroos :lol: That must have taken all of 5 seconds to dream up. Living upside down must do strange things to a person's brain :lol:

It seems the powers that be just grab a local animal and tie it in somehow with a national side in Oz. Hockeyroos, Wallabies...or they just make up animals as is the case with the womens national Union team, they are called the Wallaroos. Could be worse, could refer to ourselves as a mythical creature ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

It seems the powers that be just grab a local animal and tie it in somehow with a national side in Oz. Hockeyroos, Wallabies...or they just make up animals as is the case with the womens national Union team, they are called the Wallaroos. Could be worse, could refer to ourselves as a mythical creature ;)

:lol:

• Like 1

CL Draw:

Group A: Benfica, Manchester United, FC Basel, CSKA Moscow.

Group B: Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Anderlecht, Celtic.

Group C: Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Roma, FK Qarabag.

Group D: Juventus, Barcelona, Olympiakos, Sporting CP.

Group E: Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, NK Maribor.

Group F: Shakhtar Donetsk, Manchester City, Napoli, Feyenoord.

Group G: Monaco, FC Porto, Besiktas, RB Leipzig.

Group H: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham, APOEL Nicosia.

• Thanks 1