Whats next for ac/dc?

GN'R MEX

All this Axl/DC talk is making me a bit sad :( I hope Axl at least saves his lyrics for a GNR album with Slash. It's not as if he's such a prolific writer that he could just pen 20 or so songs in the span of a year. Slash is my favourite guitarist, not Angus. If he has to do an album with Angus, he can just sing Angus's lyrics. Lyrics aren't what AC/DC is about anyway, right?

54 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

People ha te Queen + adam Lambert But like the idea of Axl + ac /DC.

We live in a strange world...

Not really. Queen is touring with some tool from a casting show. Plus Freddie was the most essential member of that band. Brian wasnt that for ACDC. Plus, Axl is a legend.

2 hours ago, Lio said:

All this Axl/DC talk is making me a bit sad :( I hope Axl at least saves his lyrics for a GNR album with Slash. It's not as if he's such a prolific writer that he could just pen 20 or so songs in the span of a year. Slash is my favourite guitarist, not Angus. If he has to do an album with Angus, he can just sing Angus's lyrics. Lyrics aren't what AC/DC is about anyway, right?

I almost guarantee that the lyrics will be 100% written by Angus as usual. Axl's job will, interestingly enough, to just shut up and sing. ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

I almost guarantee that the lyrics will be 100% written by Angus as usual. Axl's job will, interestingly enough, to just shut up and sing. ;)

I think that Axl will write 40 or 50% of the lyrics. We'll see.

Edited by Sosso

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I think that Axl will write 40 or 50% of the lyrics. We'll see.

I think Angus knows Axl is to good to just tell him "hey sing these lyrics" I'm sure Axl will have a certain level of input. 

Everyone that's worried how this could effect Guns recording, by this time Axl has to have the vast majority of his vocals done. If Slash and Duff have written something new and it will be used then that's obviously something that will be tracked from the ground up. I would think they will take what they collectively think is best from what Axl has worked on and they may try to collaborate on a few new things. 

Axl Rose should be the king here,he can do it with two bands and nothing to prove anyone,he loves AC/DC,they trusted him and he gave his  best with massive success onstage,we heared songs that brian couldn't sing for years.Just it will not be AC/DC,like CD wasn't GNR,so simple.

Edited by Majestic Beast

1 hour ago, shocker said:

Why can`t Axl give us a hint? 

Is there any chance for a new AC∕DC or Guns`n`Roses or both?

I don't see why anything AC/DC does will impact Guns as long as Axl can divide his time which we've already seen he can do.

There seems to be this attitude that a Guns album can't happen if an AC/DC one does. I just don't buy that. If a Guns album doesn't happen it is not because of AC/DC but because of one man named W. Axl Rose.

AC/DC is still and will remain the Angus Young show. 

In a perfect world, we'd get new albums from both bands. What makes a new AC/DC album more likely is the fact that it's Angus in control. That's why I think we'll see that sooner than new Guns music.

On 2/7/2018 at 4:34 AM, Tom2112 said:

No it's not, I know they tuned down. Listen to back in black from the studio and then the final live gig with AC/DC it's about an octave lower than the recorded version.

It's half a step down dude. It's really not that much lower. Literally one semitone away from the album.

If he was singing a full octave down, the band wouldn't need to change tuning at all.

3 hours ago, highvoltage said:

It's half a step down dude. It's really not that much lower. Literally one semitone away from the album.

If he was singing a full octave down, the band wouldn't need to change tuning at all.

Half step is enough to show that his voice ISN'T what it used to be, neither with control and sustain as well. I'm a Brain fan but he's past the expiration date.

All the people who have bashed Axls voice for years didn't even take it into consideration that he was singing the AC/DC material in standard  tuning. So it goes to show you just how much Axls voice is still on par, guns have always tuned a half step down as well.

13 hours ago, highvoltage said:

The gtrs are tuned down a half step true, not disputing that. Also not saying I've watched all the footage, but what I did see was much, much lower than the original pitch... More than a semitone. 

I'm not bashing the guy! He's 70 or more! That he kept those songs in the original key for that many years is baffling to be honest, and when the rock or bust tour started even though they tuned down because his range was dropping he still sounded good. Towards the end his performances were less and less good, and we know why now after his statement.

If I come across the shows I watched a few songs from I'll send you a link.

An octave is a exaggeration, but it's not that far off all the same.... in places. Not saying he was doing it for every song, all the time.

12 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

The gtrs are tuned down a half step true, not disputing that. Also not saying I've watched all the footage, but what I did see was much, much lower than the original pitch... More than a semitone. 

I'm not bashing the guy! He's 70 or more! That he kept those songs in the original key for that many years is baffling to be honest, and when the rock or bust tour started even though they tuned down because his range was dropping he still sounded good. Towards the end his performances were less and less good, and we know why now after his statement.

If I come across the shows I watched a few songs from I'll send you a link.

An octave is a exaggeration, but it's not that far off all the same.... in places. Not saying he was doing it for every song, all the time.

It's funny because I thought he started off the ROB Tour in better vocal shape than the Black Ice Tour. He sounded really good for much of the first leg and even brought out some of that Razor's Edge grit. The fewer, spread out dates seemed to really do the trick. He only got really bad on that last run. I know he said more recently that he literally couldn't distinguish the key anymore and was just guessing his way through the songs.

I guess when his hearing dropped - it really dropped. That also seems to be why he started off the tour great and then suddenly had terrible timing and couldn't find the key. The poor guy literally couldn't hear a thing.

Overall I don't think he lost much of his range. He could still hit the high notes in Shook Me which he performed in Standard tuning with Billy Joel, and even his studio take of Rock Or Bust (the song) was pretty high. The decision for half-step down starting with the Black Ice Tour seemed to be for preservation more than anything - not strain him as much and make him hold up longer. He still absolutely nailed Back In Black in Standard tuning for those charity gigs in 2007 so for a one-off he was fine but for a long tour they had to do something.

The only song he seemed to really re-adjust the melody on was Thunderstruck. Otherwise on the best of days he stayed as true as possible to his vocal arrangements on the other tracks, at least as far as the way he's performed them since 1990.

• Like 1