Whats next for ac/dc?

GN'R MEX

45 minutes ago, Axl`s BFF said:

Chris Slade is playing a gig with Deborah Bonham on June 2nd according to her Facebook page looks like he has his own band called time line 💛

He has a band called The Chris Slade Timeline. They include songs from his career in their setlist.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, shocker said:

So what`s up?

Axl should come out and tell if there`s gonna be another Guns`n`Roses album or AC∕DC album.

Well we're dealing with two of the most notoriously silent bands here.

We won't hear a peep from Angus until there's actually something to announce. That will be preceded by some studio rumblings, usually with Mike Fraser (their long time engineer) teasing the project or someon spotting them at the airport. This has been the exact same routine for AC/DC since 1990 - album, tour, several years of silence.

No need to fear or be impatient.

Guns is another story. We all know which two of the three classic members have a better reputation for actually releasing music.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

With Duff it'll be truly bizarre. ''Guns N' DC''. 

He would have little to zero presence on stage (as he would stand right next to the drum kit for most of the time), so that shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Sosso

Will be a truly missed opportunity if they don't call the tour Guns For Hire. And then just make up some anniversary for Flick Of The Switch and play the album in its entirety.

Get ready for the new forum debates too:

Does Slade have more groove than Frank? Should Stevie move more like Fortus? Would Stevie make a better Izzy?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sosso said:

He would have little to zero presence on stage (as he would stand right next to the drum kit for most of the time), so that shouldn't be a problem.

It will be Guns N' DC. A supergroup.

We live in bizarre times, potentially even more bizarre if we finally get our eagerly awaited Rose album and it is an Acca Dacca album!

• Like 2

I really, really wish that the Duff rumour is just not true. I hope they get a bassist that has some history with AC/DC. If Axl is singing then they must have the most legitimate lineup as possible. Otherwise the critics won't be that good in my opinion. As I said a few pages ago, my dream lineup would be Axl, Angus, Stevie, Phil and Mark Evans. Chris for Phil in case he still has legal issues, but that's it. Or convince Cliff to come back but I don't think so :D

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I really, really wish that the Duff rumour is just not true. I hope they get a bassist that has some history with AC/DC. If Axl is singing then they must have the most legitimate lineup as possible. Otherwise the critics won't be that good in my opinion. As I said a few pages ago, my dream lineup would be Axl, Angus, Stevie, Phil and Mark Evans. Chris for Phil in case he still has legal issues, but that's it. Or convince Cliff to come back but I don't think so :D

Agree...I wish this AC/DC thing to be a triumph for all involved.

I'll take it all day if this is true. I recently listened to the Cliff We Salute You bootleg and couldn't help but think how good a studio album would sound. I'm all for it.

I will say Duff on bass feels like a bit much, but tbh it would be all about Angus & Axl anyway.

I wonder how reliable that source is? I mean that's just a forum member right? But I did get the feeling during the tour that Axl's youth might've inspired Angus a bit. Axl's youth :lol:

I think at this point it would make much more sense to have a GNR + Angus tour than Axl/DC.

If they should record a new album Duff, Richard and Slash could easily play that stuff live with Angus. Have Angus come out for the AC/DC stuff, like 15 AC/DC and 15 GNR songs.

That would also mean that Duff, Richard and Slash would play something different, so I think it's a win/win for both sides.

9 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I think at this point it would make much more sense to have a GNR + Angus tour than Axl/DC.

Angus and Slash together would be to big for one band. Angus should keep his focus on AC/DC and Slash should keep his focus on GN'R/SMKC

Edited by Sosso

There’s no reputable source saying Axl/Dc will actually have Duff on Bass, seems to be just a slightly educated guess from the insiders friend. Don’t think it’d happen.

I am glad there will most likely be a new Ac/Dc album with Axl on vocals. At this point Axl Dc > GN’R in terms of whom I’d like to hear new music from.

• Like 1

Having Duff in AC/DC would be really awesome for his legacy.

Axl fronted two of the greatest rock bands of all time and Duff played bass for them.

For many (non-)fans GNR is only about Axl and Slash, but Duff playing for both bands would lift him to a whole different level and arguably the greatest bass player ever.

ACDC fans will be over the moon about having Duff in the band :lol::ph34r:

"Hopefully not DUff - he likes to prance around the stage thrusting his hips into his bass"

"Duff McKagan is 6`3. I don`t want to see that giant on stage with Angus."

"Duff is a nice singer but he is really toooooo tall to stand next to Abgus on stage :-)"

• Haha 3