Whats next for ac/dc?

GN'R MEX

• 2 weeks later...

Stolen without shame from ACDC.net

http://www.acdcfans.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=13622&page=1#Item_0

Angry Anderson in a recent interview for the Rockpit:

"I was talking to Angus earlier last year when we were doing the encores and we were opening for Guns ‘n’ Roses but Angus and I were asked to do the encores and I said to him “What are you going to do?” and he said “Mate I’m writing a new album.” I thought “Cool” so I asked him who was in the band and he said “Axl.” Brian’s not there, Phil’s not there, Cliff’s not there, sadly Malcolm’s not there. And there are these people, and yes it’s sad that the original line-up aren’t there anymore but it’s the songs, people who have supported them all the way through their career they want to hear the songs. And in a sense we owe that to people, so really it’s a debt of gratitude and what we’re saying is you’ve stood by us, we’ll stand by you. So Angus, and let’s face it he doesn’t need the money, he acknowledges that there are still millions of people around the world that want to hear AC/DC songs played live."

https://www.therockpit.net/2018/interview-angry-anderson-rose-tattoo-2/

I wonder how this is going........

• Like 3

18 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

This pretty much confirms it... right?

Not at all, how can someone who spoke to Angus and isnt in the band confirm something. AC/DC basically consists of two people according to him, so how are they going to record an album? They need additional musicians. Sure, maybe Chris is still there, and Stevie as well. But they are still short a bass player. So this confirms jack shit. Basically another angle on what everybody has been saying since ROB-tour ended; Angus isnt gonna wanna stop, Axl loves AC/DC so if asked he'll probably record with them.

1 hour ago, LovelessNL said:

Not at all, how can someone who spoke to Angus and isnt in the band confirm something. AC/DC basically consists of two people according to him, so how are they going to record an album? They need additional musicians. Sure, maybe Chris is still there, and Stevie as well. But they are still short a bass player. So this confirms jack shit. Basically another angle on what everybody has been saying since ROB-tour ended; Angus isnt gonna wanna stop, Axl loves AC/DC so if asked he'll probably record with them.

Exactly. Plus, this dates from a year ago. It's not as if Angus told Angry last month they were actually in the studio. It's the same story we've heard before via @Gibbo, I think? Didn't someone's son or whoever say that Angus would record with Axl?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lio said:

Exactly. Plus, this dates from a year ago. It's not as if Angus told Angry last month they were actually in the studio. It's the same story we've heard before via @Gibbo, I think? Didn't someone's son or whoever say that Angus would record with Axl?

Yeah I heard it last July 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Take this as not a sure thing, but this guy has a lot of respect in AC/DC forum, he is confirming Axl/CD

https://www.facebook.com/SoloDallas68?hc_ref=ARSUSFFo45Cy57lp0YS-65OTPu7Bp-Ck8qb_ylkBWjw6aaQbguuRDZpIXIs-RFAtRlw&fref=nf

Scroll down to his post on March 23 and in the comments, he is confirming

Many sources pointing to its true....

On 28/03/2018 at 4:57 AM, Georgina Arriaga said:

Take this as not a sure thing, but this guy has a lot of respect in AC/DC forum, he is confirming Axl/CD

https://www.facebook.com/SoloDallas68?hc_ref=ARSUSFFo45Cy57lp0YS-65OTPu7Bp-Ck8qb_ylkBWjw6aaQbguuRDZpIXIs-RFAtRlw&fref=nf

Scroll down to his post on March 23 and in the comments, he is confirming

Surely they should announce something really soon if anything is going to happen this year? 

• Like 1

I can only guess but I think the announcement would happen after the '18 GNR Euro leg. And the album will come out around October/November

Or maybe Angus will join them on stage to play a new Axl/DC song and Myles could join them for a new SMKC song. I don't think that's impossible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Surely they should announce something really soon if anything is going to happen this year? 

I also think it will be after the euro tour, because it will be huge news in the rock world and would suck all the good vibes.

But I don't think album for this year. If much, spring 2019....tour after that.

Some promoters of concerts in Latin America tweet the rumor as a news...

@TheGeneral after that RnRHoF presentation of Myles and GNR, I really hope that thing is not happen, ever....

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I can only guess but I think the announcement would happen after the '18 GNR Euro leg. And the album will come out around October/November

Or maybe Angus will join them on stage to play a new Axl/DC song and Myles could join them for a new SMKC song. I don't think that's impossible.

I think we might see Angus at a couple of the Euro shows but I bet they just play us Riff Raff and Whole Lotta Rosie again, if it happens. Probably Angus is most likely at the Germany shows or was it somewhere else he showed up on the last GnR Euro tour? I bet it won't be the one UK show they have <_<

13 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

But I don't think album for this year. If much, spring 2019....tour after that.

I'm so impatient I don't want to wait till 2019, how can they keep us in the dark like this, it sucks :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Probably Angus is most likely at the Germany shows or was it somewhere else he showed up on the last GnR Euro tour? I bet it won't be the one UK show they have <_<

He showed up in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, because he lives an hour from the venue.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think we might see Angus at a couple of the Euro shows but I bet they just play us Riff Raff and Whole Lotta Rosie again, if it happens. Probably Angus is most likely at the Germany shows or was it somewhere else he showed up on the last GnR Euro tour? I bet it won't be the one UK show they have <_<

I'm so impatient I don't want to wait till 2019, how can they keep us in the dark like this, it sucks :lol:

I hope Angus sneak in some Germany shows like in Hannover last year..

I hope your show in UK doesn't have The Pink Slips, that band is awful, and sadly only relevant because of Duff's daughter.

9 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I hope Angus sneak in some Germany shows like in Hannover last year..

I hope your show in UK doesn't have The Pink Slips, that band is awful, and sadly only relevant because of Duff's daughter.

The Pink Slips are on the main stage at Donington, it's ridiculous :lol:

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 3:14 AM, TheGeneral said:

It's almost a given at this point that Angus would join them on stage if he's able to. However, as this is still Axl's band, there's zero chance anything related to Slash's solo career makes it onto a GnR stage. The closest we got was Slither (iirc) being listed on the Alternative set list...

On 30-3-2018 at 12:14 PM, TheGeneral said:

I think they could announce the album before/during the Euro leg. Doesnt hurt GNR if Axl is in the news. Think last time it was also like that? Announced him right before Coachella? And the good run he had with AC/DC definitely didnt hurt GNR ticket sales.