Whats next for ac/dc?

GN'R MEX

Just now, LovelessNL said:

Axl won't 'deliver' anything. He'll just come in for two weeks or so and sing on whats has been previously written and recorded.

I hope you are right.

Reminds me of this Alice Cooper quote:

I know Axl likes to take his time, but if you can't get a vocal like that in an hour, there's something wrong. So I told him upfront, 'I have a tee-off time tomorrow at seven. We're doing this in about an hour.' I did it in two takes. I don't know how long it took him to do all of his takes, but it ended up sounding really, really good.

Oh well. Maybe Axl will change his ways for Angus.

I'd be in favour of Axl writing the lyrics because Angus' lyrics have been mostly shite, but I expect that Angus will be penning the lyrics as usual. Hopefully his newfound friendship with Axl leads to him at least letting Axl gloss over them and change a few things.

Thats about the most we could expect. Musically we will get business as usual for AC/DC.

I can see Angus letting Axl add some stuff. But Axl knows he's not expected to write Estranged or Madagascar.

If Axl showed me anything on the AXL/DC tour, it's that he knows his role in the band. He was a good teammate and backed up the Angus spotlight with no issues. He'll be fine with whatever Angus lays out. This will be much simpler and faster than anything Guns related.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I hope you are right.

Reminds me of this Alice Cooper quote:

I know Axl likes to take his time, but if you can't get a vocal like that in an hour, there's something wrong. So I told him upfront, 'I have a tee-off time tomorrow at seven. We're doing this in about an hour.' I did it in two takes. I don't know how long it took him to do all of his takes, but it ended up sounding really, really good.

Oh well. Maybe Axl will change his ways for Angus.

GNR is his own weird thing though. The 3 songs he did on Sebastian Bach's album were done in one night, I think. He seems to know his role in AC/DC, and if Angus gives him a deadline then he'll get it done on time. He already has changed his ways for Angus; start times, aggressive vocals, he even cut way back on the hats/glasses on stage because Angus' wife said something about it :lol:

• Like 1

Yes, Guns N' Roses is Axl's thing and has inherited all of his weirdness and eccentricities but for AC/DC it was more a professional workmanlike role - probably the most professional he has been in his career. He turned-up, leaving the ''Axl-baggage'' at home, did a shift and clocked-off at the end. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

As an avid CD fan, I wouldn’t want Axl to write the lyrics. Again, I love the album but there are some seriously stupid lyrics in parts during that album.

True.

But, if he's just tweaking Angus' lyrics, I could see the results being comparable to maybe Bad Apples or Right Next Door To Hell. Both of which are good songs/melodies IMO.

• GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

GNR is his own weird thing though. The 3 songs he did on Sebastian Bach's album were done in one night, I think. He seems to know his role in AC/DC, and if Angus gives him a deadline then he'll get it done on time. He already has changed his ways for Angus; start times, aggressive vocals, he even cut way back on the hats/glasses on stage because Angus' wife said something about it :lol:

He also did the work with Gilby quickly. So maybe...

• 3 months later...