Whats next for ac/dc?

GN'R MEX

• 4 weeks later...

Brian Johnson just came on stage to play Back in Black with Muse at Reading festival and it sounded great (or I got really high adrenaline rush :lol:

You can rewind to watch it here if you are from UK (or have VPN) (It's around 23:00 mark I think) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e43g9r/live/cv2hzc

It's on youtube

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Brian Johnson just came on stage to play Back in Black with Muse at Reading festival and it sounded great (or I got really high adrenaline rush :lol:

You can rewind to watch it here if you are from UK (or have VPN) (It's around 23:00 mark I think) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e43g9r/live/cv2hzc

It's on youtube

That makes me happy for two reasons...Because there´s a hope that he come back to DC and with that we´ll have the Redhead 100% into GNR thing! :P

• Like 1

Brian is obviously enjoying these appearances, but I think they are also a message to the fans that he's still capable of singing (the way he sang "yes I'm back" is very telling). That makes the hardcore AC/DC fan base less receptive to an AXL/DC album.

If Angus wants to work with Axl, it'd be better if he did it under another name.

Brian soumded amazing considering great too see him great too hesr him well well shocked as id never have  put these 2 together EVER but its only 1 track doing a full set & every other day for many months is a total different ball game for his hearing.

On 30.8.2017 at 8:32 AM, shocker said:

Do you really think Brian want to come back?

The man is almost 70 and he has been talking about his retirement since the Black Ice album came in 2008.

Many musicians talk about retirement, but standing on stage is like a drug, it is what keeps you alive. The reception of the fans, the adrenaline rush...

Look at the situation here. Everyone from the Back in Black Lineup ist still alive. The only one we need to unfortunately replace is Malcolm. They should just do it Rolling Stones style: smaller tours, like 10-20 dates, so that the fans can have a proper farewell. Maybe wishful thinkinng on my part, but in my opinion this is the only way proper way for AC/DC to finally end. 

Edited by slammerjam

On ‎01‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 0:07 AM, slammerjam said:

Many musicians talk about retirement, but standing on stage is like a drug, it is what keeps you alive. The reception of the fans, the adrenaline rush...

Look at the situation here. Everyone from the Back in Black Lineup ist still alive. The only one we need to unfortunately replace is Malcolm. They should just do it Rolling Stones style: smaller tours, like 10-20 dates, so that the fans can have a proper farewell. Maybe wishful thinkinng on my part, but in my opinion this is the only way proper way for AC/DC to finally end. 

I wouldn't mind another AC/DC album + word tour (with Axl on vocals and Chris Slade or Simon Whright on drums)

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

Cliff's out so would Duff be the replacement bassist? 

Fans want to see Angus and Brian but I could see AC/DC and GNR playing the same festivals and Axl performing both. 

Chris Slade's 70 so I don't know if he's also considering retirement. 

Either Billy Joel will have Axl and Brian singing together at a show in the near future, or GNR will have Angus and Brian come out and do a few songs. 

6 hours ago, shocker said:

The latest rumor is that recording will start in Vancouver next year after the Not in this lifetime tour.

Makes sense. They could release the new album in late summer / autumn 2018. The tour would last until 2020

On ‎04‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 3:54 PM, dalsh327 said:

Cliff's out so would Duff be the replacement bassist? 

Nope. The best choices would be Mark Evans or Tony Franklin

On ‎04‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 3:54 PM, dalsh327 said:

Chris Slade's 70 so I don't know if he's also considering retirement. 

I think that he will do at least one more album + tour.

The most realistic line-up for the new AC/DC album is probably Angus, Stevie, Chris, Axl + "new" bass player

Edited by Sosso

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...