01/28/17 - Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena

RussTCB

I just had a mate whos at the show send me a message saying "the best show of his life" and he has been too 29 gnr show and he was also went to their last show at Yokohama and was a bit let down by that one as the crowd wasnt that into it

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Oh? It's not like you're pulling your information from band members too, right? Richard is nearly everyone's source for the band's music work. The only information we had from Axl is that CD II and CD Remix was done, as well as some obscure tweet. Everything else came from other sources. Just like i am telling you that some sources state that Slash has worked on songs like Atlas Shrugged, the Axl himself said he has shown Slash and Duff CD stuff and that he intends to follow through with material, and that Richard has said they have been making new stuff on the road. What i have said is just as legitimate as your claims, and they are much more timely and relevant as well.

Regarding Axl's consistency, i don't think he is particularly weak, and if you want to say that, we can look to the first half of 2014 as well. Clearly, Axl is performing much better with Guns and AC/DC now, than he was in 2014. Anyone can pick a couple of shows (like the 2014 Vegas residency) and say they sounded much better. Just like i can pick out Houston, Washington DC and San Diego etc and say they sounded much better. We should be looking at the entire tour, and i think it is very clear that they sound much better now.

It's not exciting for you because you've been to the GN'R and AC/DC concerts, as well as watched many more online. I'm sure it's exciting for everybody else. Hell, i've watched nearly all of their concerts, and i'm excited to see them in the next couple of weeks because i haven't done so since 2013.

We're back to square one as Axl doesn't seem like he's going anywhere fast. And are you calling MSL a legitimate source??! Atlas Shrugged? :D "More relevant" yeah right...

-

We will have to see since I haven't yet seen a great performance as good since the beginning of the SA leg. 

Well as they're doing a second leg I'm expecting at least a few changes.

But I'm sure you're going to like it no matter what. At least Rose Tattoo is performing.

Edited by Silent Jay

3 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

We're back to square one as Axl doesn't seem like he's going anywhere fast. And are you calling MSL a legitimate source??! Atlas Shrugged? :D "More relevant" yeah right...

-

We will have to see since I haven't yet seen a great performance as good since the beginning of the SA leg. 

But I'm sure you're going to like it no matter what. At least Rose Tattoo is performing.

São Paulo 1 and 2 were both killer, as was the entire South American leg after Rosario.

Anyway, from what I've seen Axl is continuing the pattern of getting stronger every show. He'll only get better from here on.

Apparantely though you won't be happy until he's chainsaw '91 again but oh well.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

-

Give them time. They're half way through an international tour FFS. I don't quite understand the history between MSL and MYGNRFORUM or whatever, but he isn't the only one to say that Slash has been in the studio. Arlett Vereecke has said so as well. Regardless Atlas Shrugged was one of the songs thrown about during those rumours, so i put it in the comment. My comments are more relevant because they are more timely. They relate more to the current band that is Guns N' Roses than comments made in 2014.

-

As others have said, SA had been relatively strong, bar some performances. I think Guns N' Roses are continuing to sound strong this year, especially as time goes on. I have full confidence they will sound good when they get to Australia, and i have full confidence i will enjoy the show. Rose Tattoo is a great band, and i am looking forward to what they have to offer as well. Hopefully another duet with Axl on Nice Boys!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Give them time. They're half way through an international tour FFS. I don't quite understand the history between MSL and MYGNRFORUM or whatever, but he isn't the only one to say that Slash has been in the studio. Arlett Vereecke has said so as well. Regardless Atlas Shrugged was one of the songs thrown about during those rumours, so i put it in the comment. My comments are more relevant because they are more timely. They relate more to the current band that is Guns N' Roses than comments made in 2014.

-

As others have said, SA had been relatively strong, bar some performances. I think Guns N' Roses are continuing to sound strong this year, especially as time goes on. I have full confidence they will sound good when they get to Australia, and i have full confidence i will enjoy the show. Rose Tattoo is a great band, and i am looking forward to what they have to offer as well. Hopefully another duet with Axl on Nice Boys!

It's just that I'd rather trust someone like Arlett Vereecke than a professional wrestler from a GnR forum. Look I want to believe it, but for now it's only fairy tales. First he had Brian May, then Bumblefoot, now Slash it's like Atlas Shrugged is the Excalibur.

All right. 

I had high expectations for these Japanese shows but I guess I'm delusional. Still looking forward for any soundboard recordings.

Yeah... Nice Boys is a no brainer.

From the middle to the end of the SA leg Axl was really amazing, Japan should not receive a worst performance just because Axl needs multiple concerts to warm up when he should have done that with rehearsals and soundchecks like the rest of the band, not fair to the fans, but he's not gonna change, every leg start is like this.

But at least European fans know in advance that if you want the best of Axl Rose, you should avoid like the plague the first Europe concerts.

Edited by Rickodez
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rickodez said:

From the middle to the end of the SA leg Axl was really amazing, Japan should not receive a worst performance just because Axl needs multiple concerts to warm up when he should have done that with rehearsals and soundchecks like the rest of the band, not fair to the fans, but he's not gonna change, every leg start is like this.

But at least European fans know in advance that if you want the best of Axl Rose, you should avoid like the plague the first Europe concerts.

Glad Paris show is over a month from the start of the Europe tour. Whew.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dezso1989 said:

Whole show if anyone wants to watch...a bit choppy

Gotta say Axl went all in on Mickey for the show then gets to November Rain and goes to his talking voice which is really delightful on that song. Can't wait to hear a better recording...I like the effort to make it more appealing live. 

6 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

Stop whinning about everything!!!! Yeah we know Axl is not singing like Acdc , setlist , and all The bullshit. You have Slash back in The band, playing great songs and with Axl. That pays The ticket, Slash. 

If we can get Axl to pay his side of the ticket then we will be talking! 

• Like 1