01/28/17 - Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena

RussTCB

Oh well, the periscopes are great but I'm pretty sure they have choreographed those stage moves. Same movements, same vocals, same show. At this point it gets old watching on periscope or Facebook. I'm better off waiting till they come back to the states.

Slash is covering 90% of the price of admission by himself, Axl is in full preserve vocals mode, Duff doesn't even seem interested. All this live feed is just making me negative. If they weren't getting paid so much this tour would be shut down tomorrow. 

We'll be waiting the next 5 years for an interview, new song, a new anything really...

Oh well might as well wait it out with you guys, hope for something and get nothing tour continues! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Oh well, the periscopes are great but I'm pretty sure they have choreographed those stage moves. Same movements, same vocals, same show. At this point it gets old watching on periscope or Facebook. I'm better off waiting till they come back to the states.

THat's why some people shouldnt complain all the time.

Shows are for the ones that goes to them, not for us behind a screen.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Maybe it's just me, but Axl seems a little off most of the time. Even when the power is there at moments, it's slightly off key or something. I don't know. Not trying to hate, but he comes across as almost the weak link audio wise in a lot of these songs/shows.

I've noticed that too. It's really just been this tour but he does seem off key a lot more than he was. Who knows? Maybe the feed is off or something 

1 minute ago, AlexisGolnas said:

THat's why some people shouldnt complain all the time.

Shows are for the ones that goes to them, not for us behind a screen.

We watch scopes for almost every live show and therefore we know the setlist and moves by heart.  The fans attending haven't seen this lineup in over 20 years.  This is all new and fresh to them.  I know for myself when I have tix to a concert I stop watching the scopes for a few weeks to keep it fresh.

12 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Slash is covering 90% of the price of admission by himself, Axl is in full preserve vocals mode, Duff doesn't even seem interested. All this live feed is just making me negative. If they weren't getting paid so much this tour would be shut down tomorrow. 

We'll be waiting the next 5 years for an interview, new song, a new anything really...

Oh well might as well wait it out with you guys, hope for something and get nothing tour continues! 

Of course they have choreographed the stage moves, vocals and sounds. If they wouldn't have, you would be complaining about how terrible the tour is and how unprepared they are. At the end of the day, the tour is for those who paid to get in the door, and most would not have watched nearly every other concert as we on MYGNRForum have. I'm sure new things will come after every corner of the world has had their share of the semi-reunited lineup.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Of course they have choreographed the stage moves, vocals and sounds. If they wouldn't have, you would be complaining about how terrible the tour is and how unprepared they are. At the end of the day, the tour is for those who paid to get in the door, and most would not have watched nearly every other concert as we on MYGNRForum have. I'm sure new things will come after every corner of the world has had their share of the semi-reunited lineup.

You know better than to hope for anything new. 

Axl's been doing the same things since 2011

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I've noticed that too. It's really just been this tour but he does seem off key a lot more than he was. Who knows? Maybe the feed is off or something 

Could be I guess, but Duff sounds fine on his song. If Axl was nailing the vocals I wouldn't care if he went to rehearsals,etc. When you're the weak link and you can't be bothered to put the work in...you come across as a lazy ass who doesn't care. Not the best look.

• Like 1

Just now, Martin Riggs said:

Could be I guess, but Duff sounds fine on his song. If Axl was nailing the vocals I wouldn't care if he went to rehearsals,etc. When you're the weak link and you can't be bothered to put the work in...you come across as a lazy ass who doesn't care. Not the best look.

True, maybe AC/DC screwed up his hearing too. I mean he's not terrible but he's definitely not in form. 

• Like 1

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

You know better than to hope for anything new. 

Axl's been doing the same things since 2011

Situations have clearly changed since then. If Guns N' Roses had been playing a smaller venue with Bumblefoot, DJ Ashba, Tommy Stinson and Pitman tonight, i would have agreed with you. Since we have a semi-reunited lineup, and the band has experienced a resurgence, i am inclined to believe this band will persist beyond a 'reunion tour'. Especially since Axl intends to keep them together and is looking at new music.

1 minute ago, t-p-d-a said:

people still complain... they should not watch evry periscope, evry show, evry day.. they should stop watching these stream and go to a GNR concert

Patiently waiting to see my 4th show of this lineup when they return to the states...just these streams have me wondering if it's worth shelling out $300 to see them again. It's not like the band is doing us a favor by reuniting. It's still an expensive ticket and as a fan that has already seen them live it makes you scratch your head as to why you keep going to see the same show. I'm hoping throughout this tour across the globe that they can make seeing them again special by the time they get back. 

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Situations have clearly changed since then. If Guns N' Roses had been playing a smaller venue with Bumblefoot, DJ Ashba, Tommy Stinson and Pitman tonight, i would have agreed with you. Since we have a semi-reunited lineup, and the band has experienced a resurgence, i am inclined to believe this band will persist beyond a 'reunion tour'. Especially since Axl intends to keep them together and is looking at new music.

Axl's been looking at new music for two decades...the way this reunion seems to be evolving closer to Axl's version of gnr than the original band leads me to believe that things aren't changing. 

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

Axl's been looking at new music for two decades...the way this reunion seems to be evolving closer to Axl's version of gnr than the original band leads me to believe that things aren't changing. 

We're only halfway through an international tour and you claim that things aren't changing? How could you possibly know what's going on in the inner working of the band, especially this early? This resurgence probably has the label biting at Guns N' Roses heels for a new album following the tour, and i'm confident it will come now that it would be a guaranteed success, and allow the band to sustain further touring into the future. Axl has already said they are looking at stuff, and there have been rumours about Slash working on some Chinese Democracy songs. We've seen more rumours and activity around this band than we have since Chinese Democracy released.