New Album Rumors Thread

Edit: From now on I'll try to keep this thread updated with every album rumor. 

[Axl Rose - Fã Clube rumor: 2016/06]

Spoiler

According to the Brazilian page Axl Rose Fã-Clube, Guns N' Roses has already started the recording of a new album.

Slash, Duff and the band have done sessions for six tracks which will feature special guests on five of 'em. 
Axl havent recorded vocals yet. 

They say nothing can be set on stone but that they have legit sources into band's HQ. 

Source: http://www.axlrosefaclube.com/2016/06/novo-album-do-guns-n-roses-ja-esta-sendo-produzido/

We had problems with this page before but who knows, right? :lol:

[Rumored Instagram leaks: 2016/08] Proved false. 

Spoiler

Suposed leaks from a new album, some believes it is really Guns N' Roses:
https://www.instagram.com/stephenchesneymusic/

More info on Stephen Chesney:
http://www.stephenchesney.com/biography.html
"Stephen put together a band for what would become his debut solo effort featuring current Foreigner drummer Chris Frazier (Formerly of Whitesnake/Steve Vai)  Edgar Winter Band bassist Koko Powell, Keyboardist Rob Bloise, Ace Frehley drummer Scot Coogan, Loggins/Messina & Slash sax player Jim Wheeler and Ray Charles trumpet player Mitch Manker, being mixed by famed Guns N' Roses/Buckethead/Santana engineer Rob Beaton". 

Suspect comments on instagram: 
ms.png

axlsmichelleBadass!!!! Damn I can't wait to listen to the whole song ?
stephenchesneymusicThanks@axlsmichelle ! If you like that clip something tells me you're gonna flip out when you hear the whole thing lol.
colton_sterlingWhat is going on in here? Sounds badass but who is it and when is it coming out?@stephenchesneymusic
stephenchesneymusic@colton_sterling - the fact that that you said what is going on in here and who is it? Makes me happy. One sec, I'll post another clip just cuz I can :D
colton_sterling@stephenchesneymusicHaha I mean it sounds like Slash and Axl but I have no idea who you are, I started following you not long ago ?
colton_sterling@stephenchesneymusicAre you producing GNR or something?
stephenchesneymusicDon't worry@colton_sterling - no-one knows who I am ;) haha

Stephen Chesney tags Axl tribute singer Chad Atkins on one of his pictures:

image.png

Stephen Chesney himself confirmed this is not Guns N' Roses.
" @1418Music
says:

Hi All!

This is Stephen from IG - Let me first say thanks to the "other me”. Thanks for posting on this forum before I even knew what talk it had caused and using my name to fake a response, that was a bit odd so I owe a major thanks to Pilferk for the heads up and sending me the forum link(s).

As a warning; sorry if my post is a little verbose. I thought I’d give the songs and whatever rumors they caused a backstory so everyone knows that this was never a “hoax” or anything similar in the first place.

To clear this up now that i've seen all of the talk the clips caused; OBVIOUSLY this IS NOT Guns N' Roses and NEVER WAS lol (and for the record I never intended to convince people that we were actually GN’R). While i'm on that subject, Pilferk pointed me to another forum where Jarmo said if it was really a GNR producer just leaking tracks that he would be looking for work pretty soon. Well, while I can thankfully say that no thats not the case (lol) what Jarmo said is also one of the reasons that I wasn’t particularly worried about it getting so much attention. In my theory, working with GNR and randomly posting their unfinished music (especially from a personal account!) would get a guy fired very, VERY quickly!

So to confirm; the vocals are Chad Atkins, he wrote the lyrics and vocal melodies. All of the instrumentation/mixing/production is myself.

Anyone who HAS seen my IG will have seen that playing/writing and producing is what I do as an occupation...... now. That said, a few years ago I had a LOT more time on my hands so I told Chad (who's an old friend) that we should try and write a "Guns" record together, for ourselves. Basically to see how close we could get to “the” sound. We sent a few clips to our friends but that for the most part was about it. It was done as a learning experience/exercise in writing/arranging and recording, especially when you consider that we were never in the room together at any point, and that all songs were written, recorded and produced through email. At one point very early on (years ago) one of the songs was even on iTunes but the mix wasn't something I remained proud of, nor was I particularly happy with it at the time. I had even more to learn about engineering then than I do now and thats a lot lol. So, I took the song down after about a year. End result was that the rest of the songs have been sitting here written, arranged and recorded, but unmixed, ever since. We sent a few clips out to friends to see what they thought and to have some fun with the songs but due to getting busy with other studio work (and touring in Chads case) we never went any further with anything because it was never a main real project for either of us.

Fast forward a few years to now and i’m in the midst of writing and mixing a few records, one specifically that is currently paused until November. While i've had some down time before tracking recommences I finally decided to sit and mix one of the tunes, during which time I posted some random clips to Instagram. To anyone that might wonder why I put clips up with various related hashtags on IG; The intention was to direct people who may be interested in hearing what we'd done to the videos and then see if the videos received a response. I didn’t really figure hashtagging #Drake, #HappyPuppies (they do rule though) or #TravisTritt would help get it to the ears of anyone who might be into the tunes. Anyway, the point was to see if people would react positively, negatively, indifferently etc if anyone listened to them, not to apparently start a bunch of rumors, especially when trying to make money off these songs that were done for ourselves from the beginning was never the intention.

Oh and just to be clear, both Chad and I actually write and perform other things that sound nothing like GNR..! (lol :D ) so while we can legitimately say that these songs are "originals" (as in; they're songs we wrote and not cover versions of anyone elses songs) clearly we know its not an "original sound"  because for these songs and what we were trying to do with them: that was the point :lol:. We were trying to see if we could get even remotely close (within reason and within our means) to recreating the sound of our favorite band, not to fool people. Again, I thought that posting from my own personal ig would've made that obvious, but apparently not lol.

So, thats the backstory! Once I read Pilferks message and he sent me links to forums I saw how people were talking about them (including a second me!....<_<) and wanted to tell you all what the deal was and the story behind them rather than allow someone who isn’t me to post a vague statement and things getting out of hand (at least more than apparently they already have :\).

At some point i’ll put a finished tune up. You’re welcome to listen to it, you’re welcome to not listen to it - but there's one thing we can all be sure of - Its still not gonna be Guns N’ Roses;):) 

If you made it this far into this longass post - thanks, you're a champ lol

-S"

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

Can they record on the road? I mean, I know bands can, but Axl doesn't strike me as someone who's in the studio while on tour. 

Yes they can fairly easily.  Duff and Slash are so good they can get it done anywhere any time.  If Axl wants to (which with his band back Im guessing he does) it'll happen.  Patience people....we should be used to it by now. 

Edited by Original
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Original said:

Yes they can fairly easily.  Diff and Slash are so good they can get it done anywhere any time.  If Axl wants to (which with his band back Im guessing he does) it'll happen.  Patience people....we should be used to it by now. 

who's to say there not working up songs while axl's out with AC/DC; slash has always written his next album while he's out touring the previous since he's been solo

43 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Can they record on the road? I mean, I know bands can, but Axl doesn't strike me as someone who's in the studio while on tour. 

Apparently that is how they did the newer TSI songs, the ones which ended up bumping the punk EP into a full blown LP. Duff also was recording his solo album at a similar period, in studios in Paris, London etc. during the Illusion tour.

52 minutes ago, jmapelian said:

who's to say there not working up songs while axl's out with AC/DC; slash has always written his next album while he's out touring the previous since he's been solo

I'm sure they have been. The hold up always has been/ will be Axl. And he's the one currently with zero free time on his hands. Maybe he's up for recording on the road, ala TSI, but I don't see it.

Its so exiting to think that at some point, not too far from now, we're gonna be buying a "GUNS N' ROSES NEW ALBUM WITH AXL AND SLASH ON IT" ..

Guns n roses is so ubique and special that theyre even helping us to understand that dreams come true, never say never,  never is too late to forgive,  and most important: U SHOULD NEVER BELIEVE U GOT ALL THE ANSWERS.

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I'm sure they have been. The hold up always has been/ will be Axl. And he's the one currently with zero free time on his hands. Maybe he's up for recording on the road, ala TSI, but I don't see it.

Axl might just change his mind when he sees how much $$$$