New Album Rumors Thread

Thanks to insomnia (and actually as a result of that sitting here screwing with the mix of one of the songs) I heard the ding of your reply @Harry Sunrise lol. I can try to get one or two songs up in a day or two If  I can get a mix finished and of course if there's anyone curious to hear them. I'm not sure where i'll post any links though, I'm not sure posting anything about these songs on this thread is a very good idea at all at this point lol.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I hope you complete the song with the lyric from YCBM. So badass

Its unmixed still but that song is one of the songs that was fully recorded, so, just waiting to be mixed :) oh, and thank you for wanting to hear it :) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 1418Music said:

Its unmixed still but that song is one of the songs that was fully recorded, so, just waiting to be mixed :) oh, and thank you for wanting to hear it :) 

I'm really looking forward to these songs as well! Awesome work, nearly had a lot of people fooled. :lol: From what I can hear in the samples, it sounds like you captured what I imagine would've been GNR's sound after UYI if they never split. I really enjoy Chad's voice. It's really close to Axl's but unique enough to hold up on its own, definitely. Your imitation Slash is incredible, too.

20 minutes ago, NukeMySobriety said:

I'm really looking forward to these songs as well! Awesome work, nearly had a lot of people fooled. :lol: From what I can hear in the samples, it sounds like you captured what I imagine would've been GNR's sound after UYI if they never split. I really enjoy Chad's voice. It's really close to Axl's but unique enough to hold up on its own, definitely. Your imitation Slash is incredible, too.

Thanks man, Slash was the reason I started playing guitar so I appreciate the compliment :) - Its not like I have a reason to completely try and cop his style generally so these were a nice attempt to give it a go lol.

Chads voice is great. When he sings, even when he tries not to...he sounds like Axl lol, the dude is a natural at it and a hell of a good dude too. We'll see what happens when one is uploaded I guess as to whether it was worth showing you all  :)  As long as its listened to with the up front mindset of "these guys were TRYING to sound like someone else and that was the point" rather than it being seen as a full band going for that sound and calling it "original soundingl" or screwing with people, I think you might like 'em....

....if I ever get them finished lol.

• Like 3

@Harry SunriseI'm Probably going to put one up on YouTube for everyone to give a listen to in a day or so, I'm nearly done mixing the first of the songs...only took me.....uh....2 years on this one lol, Just found an old unfinished version from August of 2014...so, its been around at least a couple of years..

Maybe I should wait til Monday to put it up as i'm sure everyone will be busy over the weekend on here,, I dunno?  that said - I STILL don't know where I should post it on here and if I even can lol. So begins the next conundrum :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1418Music said:

@Harry SunriseI'm Probably going to put one up on YouTube for everyone to give a listen to in a day or so, I'm nearly done mixing the first of the songs...only took me.....uh....2 years on this one lol, Just found an old unfinished version from August of 2014...so, its been around at least a couple of years..

Maybe I should wait til Monday to put it up as i'm sure everyone will be busy over the weekend on here,, I dunno?  that said - I STILL don't know where I should post it on here and if I even can lol. So begins the next conundrum :) 

You're more than welcome to post it on our board as far as I'm concerned. Maybe put it in The Jungle or My World section since it's not actually GN'R? Not everyone will love it of course, but I would bet many users will like it and I know a lot of them want to hear it. 

@1418Music Thanks for taking out the time and replying to us on this forum.

I want to say that the music on those clips is AMAZING. 

It would be really great to hear full versions of it, don't wait till Monday, if you have the time, then you can post it now too. 

• Like 2

Just now, Slash787 said:

@1418Music Thanks for taking out the time and replying to us on this forum.

I want to say that the music on those clips is AMAZING. 

It would be really great to hear full versions of it, don't wait till Monday, if you have the time, then you can post it now too. 

I was just going to type this exact post! 

I really want to hear these songs :headbang:

@RussTCB - Thank you! What i'll do then (if OK with you) is post it on one of the other boards and maybe just post a little note here saying "the song is over on *whichever* board" for anyone that followed it here, sound OK?

@Slash787 THANK YOU for the positive feedback! and THANK YOU for allowing me to reply here! Hopefully you'll like the final version of the first tune. Some songs are "more GNR" (GNR STYLE...no-one sue me or post anywhere that its GNR please lolol) than others, but...this one and probably the next couple if I get chance to mix them were our major attempts at trying to recreate the sound and then attempt to write new songs within the sound.

Oh and to you and @youngswedishvinyl If its done I won't wait until Monday then lol. I *think* I just finished it, but...at 3.40am, my ears are toast. So, i'll put it through the ringer again later on and see what it sounds like but always remember; We didn't (and don't lol) have a $14m budget and the best studios in the world to work in haha.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, 1418Music said:

@RussTCB - Thank you! What i'll do then (if OK with you) is post it on one of the other boards and maybe just post a little note here saying "the song is over on *whichever* board" for anyone that followed it here, sound OK?

@Slash787 THANK YOU for the positive feedback! and THANK YOU for allowing me to reply here! Hopefully you'll like the final version of the first tune. Some songs are "more GNR" (GNR STYLE...no-one sue me or post anywhere that its GNR please lolol) than others, but...this one and probably the next couple if I get chance to mix them were our major attempts at trying to recreate the sound and then attempt to write new songs within the sound.

Oh and to you and @youngswedishvinyl If its done I won't wait until Monday then lol. I *think* I just finished it, but...at 3.40am, my ears are toast. So, i'll put it through the ringer again later on and see what it sounds like but always remember; We didn't (and don't lol) have a $14m budget and the best studios in the world to work in haha.

Really thanks again man, I know you have worked really hard on this, from the bottom of my heart I hope you become a very big music producer/Mixer in this Industry cause you are really working your ass off. 

Those snippets/clips, me and many on here have been hearing them again and again, they sound so close to GNR and it feels like it is GNR. You have done a FANTASTIC job on them. Your music is the closest we can get to GNR as they are not even releasing new music. So you are our only option left lol and its not about GNR, your music sounds amazing thats why we liked it. 

But again thanks for taking out the time, thanks for making music and me and many over here are really thankful to you. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Really thanks again man, I know you have worked really hard on this, from the bottom of my heart I hope you become a very big music producer/Mixer in this Industry cause you are really working your ass off. 

Those snippets/clips, me and many on here have been hearing them again and again, they sound so close to GNR and it feels like it is GNR. You have done a FANTASTIC job on them. Your music is the closest we can get to GNR as they are not even releasing new music. So you are our only option left lol and its not about GNR, your music sounds amazing thats why we liked it. 

But again thanks for taking out the time, thanks for making music and me and many over here are really thankful to you. 

Hey listen, Thanks for everything you said in that post, that put a smile on my face. It really is cool (except for how it came about for most people) that this stuff has some folk happy to give listening to it a go. Hopefully the rest of the tune lives up to your opinion of the clips! - if the general opinion is that the first song is good enough to warrant another tune heard, i'll try and finish another.

We attempted to write songs styllistically "from various eras" - The tune i'm going to post is what Chad and I (tried) to write as a UYI style rock tune, whether you guys think it sounds like that at all remains to be seen lol. One of the others is a lies era version attempt, and the clip that seems to have been taken and put on YouTube listed as a "1991 Leak" (the ballad/slower clip) was our Estranged. Its about 7 minutes long, orchestration, long arrangement, all that stuff, but I'm gonna go ahead and get through song 1 first before I think about finding the raw files on my old hard drive lol. If you guys like song one, i'll go from there :).

Edited by 1418Music
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, 1418Music said:

Hey listen, Thanks for everything you said in that post, that put a smile on my face. It really is cool (except for how it came about for most people) that this stuff has some folk happy to give listening to it a go. Hopefully the rest of the tune lives up to your opinion of the clips! - if the general opinion is that the first song is good enough to warrant another tune heard, i'll try and finish another.

We attempted to write songs styllistically "from various eras" - The tune i'm going to post is what Chad and I (tried) to write as a UYI style rock tune, whether you guys think it sounds like that at all remains to be seen lol. One of the others is a lies era version attempt, and the clip that seems to have been taken and put on YouTube listed as a "1991 Leak" (the ballad/slower clip) was our Estranged. Its about 7 minutes long, orchestration, long arrangement, all that stuff, but I'm gonna go ahead and get through song 1 first before I think about finding the raw files on my old hard drive lol. If you guys like song one, i'll go from there :).

What was the one you had on Instagram with the picture of the gun and rose? I thought it sounded cool. Can't wait to hear some more of your stuff!

@Live Like a Suicide - Ah crap, that video was seen? lol. I took that one down because before I knew about what a fuss this would all cause even I thought when looking at it "man, thats a bit too much..." so deleted it and went back to just posting blank colors lol.

That song is called Shallowford. I love that song. It actually ended up on my solo EP with totally different words and vocal melody with a different singer.... but Shallowford is the original track and is pretty fkn cool (I think).

Funny note on that; The vocals Chad wrote and sent me were written for a totally different piece of music i'd sent him. When I got the vocals he had really written a cool bunch of words and a great melody, so  I wrote an entirely new song around it lol. Yay doing shit through email!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1418Music said:

@Live Like a Suicide - Ah crap, that video was seen? lol. I took that one down because before I knew about what a fuss this would all cause even I thought when looking at it "man, thats a bit too much..." so deleted it and went back to just posting blank colors lol.

That song is called Shallowford. I love that song. It actually ended up on my solo EP with totally different words and vocal melody with a different singer.... but Shallowford is the original track and is pretty fkn cool (I think).

Funny note on that; The vocals Chad wrote and sent me were written for a totally different piece of music i'd sent him. When I got the vocals he had really written a cool bunch of words and a great melody, so  I wrote an entirely new song around it lol. Yay doing shit through email!

Lol. That one had me the most perplexed because i thought it really sounded like it could be a legit song from a new GN'R album.

Now that you mention it, i guess 'Bleed' is what the song turned out to be. Sounds pretty cool! Any chance to release Shallowford itself? I would love to hear it completed too, lol.

Even though your material didn't turn out to be new GN'R material, i'm glad we all found out about you, lol. Your stuff is great!

@Live Like a Suicide - Thank you :) I'm glad that people dig the stuff, its a shame that it came about in such a dramatic manner though, argh!!

Shallowford was done forever ago...so technically its "done" in a sense, but, i'd definitely want to remix that one lol, so, lets see how track one goes down first with everyone and i'll go from there. Lets hope its a (mostly) positive response lol.

By the way...good ear on Bleed! Yes sir, thats exactly what I ended up doing with the music lol. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1418Music said:

@Live Like a Suicide - Thank you :) I'm glad that people dig the stuff, its a shame that it came about in such a dramatic manner though, argh!!

Shallowford was done forever ago...so technically its "done" in a sense, but, i'd definitely want to remix that one lol, so, lets see how track one goes down first with everyone and i'll go from there. Lets hope its a (mostly) positive response lol.

By the way...good ear on Bleed! Yes sir, thats exactly what I ended up doing with the music lol. 

Looking forward to hearing what you've got!  The more, the merrier.